Chapter 14

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the Talent Show has finally arrived. Just as promised, Chanyeol will be waiting for you at the main entrance to the music hall and that’s where you’re heading. Walking up the staircase and down the hallway, you come to notice that people are taking a few glances at you, maybe even staring. Still, you ignore meeting any of their eyes and continue striding across the hall. You make a turn around the corner and slow down your steps, then coming to a stop. There are lots of students, you might know some of the familiar faces from the classes you’re taking, and they’re all crowding at this area. You glance around but see no sigh of Chanyeol. You figured that it shouldn’t be that hard to find Chanyeol since his head should be sticking out somewhere among the huge crowd but you were wrong, he’s not to be seen anywhere. Slowly, you stand on the tip of your toe to get a better view and at the same time feeling glad for choosing your red converse over the red wedges you wanted to wear.

“Hey,” someone grab you by your shoulder and you jump a little, startled. You turn back and see Chanyeol. “I’m sorry, I just arrived,” he says, sweeping his fringe back and you can’t help but notice how good looking he can be, almost like Kai.

You immediately reach in your tote and retrieve a packet of tissue. Taking a piece of tissue out, you then dab it across his sweating forehead. “You took the public transport here again, didn’t you?” you ask, smiling.

He nods, there is a slight flush on his cheeks. “The subway. And I ran here after that.” You are aware that he is breathing deeply. “I’m sorry,” he apologizes again.

You giggle and shake your head. “It’s okay, I just arrived as well.”

“You look really beautiful today.”

“Oh,” you look down at your outfit and back to him, “thanks.”

You actually decided to dress up a little for your date today. Well, it’s only with Chanyeol but it’s still a date, right? You figure that since he had the heart to actually ask you as his date to the Talent show, you have the responsibility to make him feel great about his decision. So you put on a white loose see-through lacey blouse over a red tank top and tugged into a black skinny jean. And you replaced the red wedges with a red converse instead because you feel more comfortable in it. Your long hair loosely curled and swept to one side. Make up was even applied with a natural touch. Where did you get all these styling ideas? Well, your mum did most of the job. Except for the wedges being swapped. Still, the best decision you’ve made today.

After the long wait at the queuing section, you two finally made it in. The music hall still looks the same; the only decorated part is the stage. Chanyeol leads you to an empty seat, reaching out to hold your hand at one point when you almost trip due to the fact that the music hall is really dark. His hand never lets go of yours since then. And you find the two of you passing quite a few empty seats but he continues walking, still not letting go of your hand. Weirdly, you couldn’t help looking around for the sign of Baekhyun but to no avail.

You pull onto his hand and points at two empty seats just in the middle of one the few higher rows of the music row. They’re quite far from the stage but at least they’re in the middle, means you’ll get a good view anyways. He nods and this time, you’re the one leading while Chanyeol follows obediently, smiling to himself at the fact that you didn’t let go of his hand as well.

You sit down and slowly place your tote on your lap. As Chanyeol sits down next to you, the music hall went dark completely. You startle at this sudden change and grab Chanyeol’s arm tightly. Suddenly, the stage lights turn on again and Miss Melody, the organizer, walks out from the backstage.

“Oh, it’s starting,” you whisper to Chanyeol and then notice your hands are still grabbing on his arm tightly. You let go almost instantly and clear your throat. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” he assures you and looks back to the stage.

The first few performances were okay, you guess. There was a girl who performed magic tricks, then a group of girls dancing to some song you have never heard of, followed by a group of boys street dancing and a girl with her pet dog… doing something. Okay, so, you didn’t really pay attention to the forth performance. You almost fell asleep. Your head constantly fall forward and sideways involuntarily due to drowsiness and you find yourself resting your head against Chanyeol’s arm at last, not shoulder because he’s too tall, but he doesn’t seems to mind at all.

Just then, you hear Miss Melody announcing Kai’s name and the audience starts cheering wildly. Some girls are seen jumping at their seats but some are seen running towards the front of the stage to get a nearer view. You immediately sit up and watch as Kai walks to the center of the stage. Where is the rest of his team? He takes a bow and waves at the crowd, smiling a little but still retaining his cool image. He then lifts his right hand up, as though asking the people working backstage not to play the music he’s performing yet. He looks around the room and then spot you sitting in the middle, just right in front of him. This time, he grins. With a thumb up, he drops his right arm down and turns around, back facing the audience first.

The music starts playing and you kind of expected the fast beat music you’ve heard him and his group practiced to but it is far from what you expected. The music started off with a piano playing in the background and you watch Kai’s fingers playing air piano, hands moving elegantly in a wave motion. It’s just beautiful.

 

Press For visual effect! :D

 

“Baby, don’t cry.”

You turn to look at Chanyeol, “What?”

“The song,” he says, eyes on you then back to watching Kai’s performance. “He’s good.”

You focus back on Kai, “Yeah.” You can see that Kai has puts all his emotions in this performance. You mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter