Chapter 6

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You two are making me feel bad.”

It is a Wednesday and you know very well what Wednesday means to you. A resting day. An extra holiday for you every week other than weekends. A day you can just skip Psychology class, which is 8 in the morning, and not come to college at all because that is the only class for Wednesday. But then you find yourself rolling against the wall today. On a Wednesday.

“What is she doing?” Baekhyun chuckles as he stares at you amusingly.

“Painting the wall.” Kai replies; not bothered by how embarrassing you are to others’ eyes. “She does this when she’s lazy. Or excited,” he shakes his head, “she does this all the time. In any situation.”

You stop rolling back and forth. You look up at both of them, two boys who manage to make themselves significant in your life. One is holding his dancing shoes and the other holding his music file. “You two are making me feel like I fail at life.”

“You missed a spot,” Kai says casually, pointing at a spot next to you.

“Don’t feel that way,” Baekhyun comforts you with his famous smile. You swear you see some girls having their fangirling moments at the side. Something you used to do. Wait, you still do that.

“Why are you here anyways?” Kai asks. Yeah, what are you doing in college anyways?

“Gee, thanks for your comforting words, Kai.” You say sarcastically. “I feel loved,” you roll your eyes. “Anyways, I’m here because I thought I should give these extra-class activities a chance. You know, join something.”

Both of them seem impressed, kind of. They know how lazy you are and how you care less about anything other than education which is highly important to you. That’s the only thing you excel in, studies.

“Of course,” you turn to Baekhyun, “no singing,” whose expression dims down a little bit after you said that, “because I shut down completely on stage and no dancing,” you then turn to Kai, who still seem to have some hope left in his eyes, “or basketball,” oh, his is now gone too, “because Kai is there.”

Baekhyun looks to Kai, the reason you gave for refusing to go Dance Club or Basketball Club seems stupid. Kai just shrugs.

“Then maybe you should set up your own club.” Kai suggests and Baekhyun nods, only because he hasn’t known Kai long enough to foresee that Kai is always going to say something stupid or sarcastic to you.

“And what do you suggest?” you ask patiently, wanting to know what he can possibly come up with.

“A club for crazy people.”

Baekhyun scratches the back of his head, he obviously doesn’t get Kai’s joke here. “I don’t know about that,” he pause, “it does fits Riles,” did he just agree you’re crazy? “But who would actually sign up for that?”

You are so left out from this conversation.

Kai pats Baekhyun’s back, “No one. It’s for the mentally-disturbed,” he says while twirling his index finger next to his right temple of his forehead, “only one is needed for that club. She can talk to herself, instructs herself, and entertain herself.” Baekhyun smiles in agreement, he finally gets it. “Crazy.”

You roll your eyes. “Right. Thanks for the support,” you said, almost annoyed while Kai grins and Baekhyun mouths a small ‘Sorry’ with a smile still on. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll get going and you two,” Baekhyun and Kai make way for you, staring as you walk pass them, “can go do your stuffs. You know, something productive and contributive, not like mine.”

“Where are you going?” Baekhyun asks worryingly, he somehow manages to detect how lost you are right now.

You shrug but didn’t stop or slow down. “Somewhere.”

 

 

 

 

So you’ve been through a list of clubs and whatnot. You skipped the sports section; you are definitely not into sports. You can’t even remember the last time you run other than the reason for chasing your dog. You skipped the performing arts section as well because… well, because you can’t perform anything artistic. You almost skipped every section on the list. Then, it comes down to the last section; the only one that you figured won’t tire you physically or even causes embarrassment.

“Science and Math,” you read the decorated board outside a classroom. “I can survive this.”

You stand outside the room stagnantly for already 5 minutes now. You are actually reconsidering all the pros and cons you thought of for the last 5 minutes. So you decided to join a club, no big deal. Mainly because two of current best friends make you feel like a waste of space in this college, a college full with talented people everywhere. You don’t even know why you enroll into this college in the first place. Oh, right, your mum decided on this place because it’s the only decent and well-recognized one that you can afford.

Great, back to the important matter.

You look around. The hallway is empty. Level 6 is always almost empty. In fact, you don’t recall being here before. Kai uses the stairs to get to class everyday and you are always forced to follow although the lifts are built for a reason. The highest floor you ever managed to step onto with your stairs-climbing ability is level 4. What a shame.

You shake your head. Focus.

“You just need to walk in there. It’s going to be fine!” You assure yourself. “What can you possibly lose?” you remember Baekhyun saying the same thing.

Definitely not your face this time. You are good in Science and Math. Based on results, that is. The ones you sacrificed your sleep for. The ones that have you studying to de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter