Chapter 12

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai chokes on his bubble tea. He must have swallowed too many jelly pearls at a time. “What?” he exclaims in a questioning manner. “Medusa is here?”

Medusa. You guys nicknamed her Medusa.

You just nod like you could care less and take another sip of your bubble tea. Red bean. You love red beans. Anything with red beans.

“Is she even going to our college?”

You put down yours and grab Kai’s bubble tea over. “I don’t care. I just don’t want to see her face,” you say frankly and take a sip from Kai’s plastic cup. “I don’t even want to feel her presence anywhere near me. She better stay off the floor I’m at. Better yet, she better stay off the building I’m at.”

“Our college only has 2 blocks.” He reaches out to your plastic cup but you snatch it away before he can even touch it. “Are you on your period?”

You clear your throat, then taking another sip from each plastic cup. “Maybe,” you answer him, not meeting his eye. You are. You’re greedy when you have your period. Means you don’t share anything.

“Right,” he sits back on the comfy sofa, knowing that it’ll be death for him if he says or does anything stupid now. “As I was saying, there’s only 2 blocks. It’s not possible for you to not bump into her.”

“I don’t care!” you raise your voice. You’ve gathered quite a few glances but it doesn’t really bother you anymore. You’ve received much enough today that had cause the boundary for your level of tolerance for unwanted attention to rise up to not crash and burn as easily as before. Random glances or stares don’t affect Kai either.  “She can go hang out with the business students. The future fashion designers? The janitor? Since she’s so rich, she can go build a whole new building for all I care.”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it…” he trails off and quickly grabs hold of his bubble tea on the table that was free from your possession. “Didn’t you say that her dad sent her to some prestigious college or university in New York?”

You did say that few months back. After you said she’s also ing rich.

“Some ivy league. Yeah.” You take the last sip but you notice there are a few red beans left at the bottom of the plastic cup.

Kai watches you as you try to pick the red beans out from your cup. It’s a fairly disturbing sight from a girl who is dressed up almost maturely. “She’s back for a reason.”

You the last red bean from the straw and look back at him weirdly. “No .” You throw the plastic cup into the trash can fairly far beside and grin when it hits the side then falls inside. “That’s a no brainer. All I know is, she’s been in the choir for quite some time now. I didn’t even know she can ing sing.”

“Baekhyun.” He flings his right arm and manages to get his empty plastic cup into the trash can as well. What a show off.

You eye him confusingly. “What?”

“Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

 

You walk in the classroom where the geeks, uhm, members of the Science and Math Club gather. It is empty. You’re earlier than usual but that’s only because Kai has to get to his dance practice and you have no else to hang with. You called Baekhyun but then you hear Angeline’s voice in the background. That annoyingly disgusting squeaky voice of her always manages to send shivers down your spine. You hanged up immediately after that. Baekhyun did called back after you abruptly hung up but you left your phone to vibrate in your right pocket, resulting in a few missed calls after 5 minutes.

You drop your file on the table and a few colorful notes scatter across the table. You drop your body down onto a chair and sigh. You begin collecting the colorful notes and have them arranged neatly. You still receive one note, or maybe even two sometimes, everyday. But most of them are just a reminder for you to either take your lunch or smile more often.

“What am I going to do with you?”

The door opens behind you. The creaking sound echoed across the room. You look back, oh, it’s Chanyeol.

“Hi,” you greet him and turn back to the table you’re facing.

“Hi,” he greets back and takes a look around the room. “You’re alone?”

“You don’t see any other person in here, no?” you ask him back, then chucking the notes back into your file.

He scratches the back of his head. “Uhh, right. Silly me.” He grabs a chair and places it at the opposite end of the table you’re sitting. He clears his throat and slowly holds his hands out. “For you.”

You look up and all you see is another colorful paper in his hands. Another one. You roll your eyes and take it from his hand. “Thanks,” you mutter and chuck it into your file where the others are as well. Chanyeol must have found it outside, sticked on the door or something.

Chanyeol stare at your file then at you. “Aren’t you going to read it?”

“Why bother?” you sigh and push your file further away. “He must be reminding me not to skip my lunch.”

“Smile.” He corrects you. You’re thinking he must have read it before handling it to you.

“Right,” you lay your face on the table sideways. “I can’t smile now. Not when she’s back.”

“Angeline?”

You sit back up. “Yeah. Angeline.” And lay your face back down. Thoughts and memories begin to fill your head with annoying scratching and buzzing sounds played in the background. You get back up and look at Chanyeol with an irritated expression. “You know. I used to like her! She used to my best friend.” Chanyeol just sits there, waiting to listen to your full story. Or your complains. “We used to stay back at school every freaking day and help her plan on how to ambush her crush.” He is taken aback by the use of the word ‘ambush’. You shake your head and explain, “Not literally. She had this huge crush on this guy.” He nods and you cross your arms, feeling more agitated as you think of what you want to tell Chanyeol. “And the plan worked! My plan worked and she got him. Oh, she got him all right. He hung out with us almost every free time. Honestly, I felt like I was the one who is interrupting their dates all the time but in reality, he was the one who interrupted our hangouts. The lightbulb. The lamppost!”

“The third wheel.”

“Yeah. That.” You put your arms down finally, which you noticed you’ve been throwing them at all directions while exaggerating your tone at every bits of your complains. “Then, I thought I was going to flip but no, noooo, I have to become the goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter