Chapter 17

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey, I got here as soon as I can.”

You look up and give Chanyeol a small smile. You then motion him to quickly sit beside you and he did.

“You must be wondering why I’m here this early today,” you say, looking at the playground again, something you’re so used to doing. “I’m sorry if I got you to rush here.”

Chanyeol shakes his head. “No, it’s okay. I’m going to be here sooner or later anyways.” He leans closer. “Aren’t you supposed to be in college?”

“I left early,” is all you say.

“Oh, so, what did Kai wanted to see you for?” he asks curiously.

“I don’t know. I didn’t meet up with him today.” Just then, your phone, which you have placed on the ground, vibrates. You know but didn’t bother picking it up. You had it on silent mode an hour ago when the phone calls start coming in nonstop but it stopped about 10 missed calls later.

Chanyeol takes your phone and finds out that Kai is calling you. He holds your phone in front of your face, “It’s Kai.”

You nod. “I know. Put it back to where you took it.”

Chanyeol always listens to you so it isn’t any different this time. He slowly puts your phone back to its original place. It stops vibrating. Not a few seconds later, it starts vibrating again.

“Aren’t you going to answer his call? It might be urgent.”

You shake your head. “No. I don’t care.”

Chanyeol then reaches out to your chin and gently turns your head so you can face him. “Are you mad at Kai?”

You let out a small chuckle. “No, silly.” You look away again.

He moves to sit in front at where you’re facing. “Then why are you not answering his call?”

“I don’t want to talk to Kai. Not even my parents. Although I’m very sure they won’t call me anytime soon.” You look up at Chanyeol who looks kind of worried and smile a little. “I just want to talk to you.”

Chanyeol smiles back. You like his smile. “So you want to play on the swing again?”

You shake your head. “Maybe later.” You then grab your bag and it. You take out the stack of colored notes and hold it out to him. “Remember this?”

He takes them and nods. “Yeah, I—“

“—I know it’s from you,” you say. “No one has ever done anything like this for me before.”

“I’m sorry if it upsets you. I really, really, really like you. I—“

“—it’s okay.” You pat his hands gently a few times and smile, assuring him you’re not upset or mad. “Thanks. I really appreciate it.”

“How did you find out?”

“Well, since I was so darn free these few days, I actually took them out to read them all one by one, over and over again. Then, I realized that the writings seem familiar. And I recall your handwriting on your Physics homework.” You take them back from Chanyeol’s hands and stare at them, smiling. “They make me smile. I realized they’re the only thing that can make me smile now.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol smiles along.

“So, thank you, again.” You turn to Chanyeol. “I can keep them, right?”

He nods almost immediately. “Yes! They’re for you. Of course, you can keep them!”

You smile and keep them back into your bag. “But you have to stop giving me colored notes anymore.”

“Why?” Chanyeol exclaims. He doesn’t quite get you. “You like them right?”

“I love them,” you admit. “But it’s not fair for you.”

“No,” Chanyeol shakes his head and crosses his arms above his knees. “I want to continue writing you notes, reminding you to eat and smile more often.”

“Chanyeol-ah, listen to me.” You then place you right hands on his arm. “I don’t want to hurt you.” He looks down at your hand. “You are my best friend now. I don’t want things to be awkward between us. I can’t imagine losing you.”

Chanyeol turns to you, his eyes meeting yours and they are almost teary. “I don’t get you. Did I do something wrong?”

You shake your head. “I feel like I should tell you.”

Chanyeol grabs hold of your hands. “Tell me. I am your best friend, right? You said that I am your best friend,” he pleads. “Best friends tell one another everything.”

“I like Baekhyun.”

“What?” Chanyeol is taken aback. His grip getting a little tighter.

“I like Baekhyun,” you repeat. “I never told you before this because I don’t feel the need to tell you. Until I found out the notes were from you.”

He lets go of your hands slowly. “How long?”

“Since the 23rd of May. The second week of this short semester.” You clearly remember the day you see him for the first time in the cafeteria. “It’s funny because I fell for his smile. Other girls would probably say they fell for his looks or maybe even his voice. But I don’t know, his smile just… makes me smile even more.”

“Oh,” he looks down at his hands, “before I wrote you my notes.”

You nod. “Yeah,” you sigh. “Look, I’m really sorry.”

He shakes his head and looks to you. “No, it’s not your fault. You didn’t ask me to like you.” He then straightens up, holding back his disappointment. He’s always doing that. You know he just doesn’t want you to worry too much about him. “Does Baekhyun know?”

You shrug. “I don’t see the reason why he should.”

“Here you go being pessimistic again,” he sighs. “Did y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter