Chapter 7

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You did what?” both of them exclaim at the same time. You have never been more embarrassed in your life.

You can see Baekhyun shrinking into his corner and Kai is just…being Kai.

“Will you stop it?” you cross your arms, feeling a bit annoyed and guilty at the same time. “It was an accident.”

Kai sits up slowly after laughing too hard, arms still wrapped around his stomach. “I-I’m sorry,” he couldn’t even speak properly, “I’m sorry. What happened again?”

You look down and sigh, “I was by the door. I was about to leave and—“

“—wait! Wait!” Kai starts laughing again.

He did it on purpose!

“Hey!” you reach forward and push him off his bed. Baekhyun shrinks into the corner of the bed even more. You seem almost scary to him. “You know I feel bad already and how many times you want me to repeat the story?”

The three of you are currently in Kai’s room. You guys decided to just hang over at his place after college since you guys obviously have nothing better to do.

Kai’s head pop up just above the bed level, his fringe covering his eyes but you can still see the smirk forming on his face. “Whoa, you look pretty,” he says, then coming to a pause. You eye him weirdly. You’re not sure whether that is a good thing or bad because Kai just said you’re pretty for the first time but it was said after looking through his fringe. “Pretty dangerous,” he continues laughing.

“YAH!” you exclaim and get up from your position, wanting to get down and slap the out of Kai but Baekhyun stops you.

He’s right. “He’s right,” you sigh. “I AM dangerous.”

Just then, Baekhyun wraps his arms around you and pet your head gently. “There, there,” he says calmly. “You’re not dangerous.” He is trying to comfort you. Honestly, you feel bad for Chanyeol at first but now, you’re just dying inside. Baekhyun has his arms wrapped around you is what you can only think of. “You’re… scary but not dangerous.”

You break loose from his hug. “Excuse me?”

“NO! She’s up! You woken the devil!” Kai says dramatically. “Come to me before it is too late!” he instructs Baekhyun, holding both of his arms out, as though asking Baekhyun to jump into his arms.

“What’s with the noise?” It is Kai’s mum. “Kai, are you bullying Riley again?” she asks and you nod almost instantly with the best pout you can give. She walks over and places the tray of snacks she prepared on the bed, just next to you. “Now, why would you do that?” she then looks at Kai.

He pouts and Baekhyun stares at him. Baekhyun turns to look at you and see you’re already snacking onto everything.

You wipe your mouth with the back of your hand. You know exactly what he wants to ask. You point towards the direction of Kai and his mum, “Just look,” is all you say.

“I did nothing!” Kai crosses his arms, acting like a big baby.

“You’ve been a bad boy.” Kai’s mum crosses her arms as well. “No more supper.”

He looks up with his eyes widen. “That’s not fair! You’re always on Riley’s side.”

Baekhyun is even lost than ever. Poor boy keeps looking back and forth.

Kai’s mum walks to you and hugs you tightly, “Of course! She’s our Riley.” She looks at you with hopeful eyes, “Isn’t that right, Riley?” she asks and you nod your head happily while stuffing the last bite of cake into your mouth. Gosh, this cake is out of the world.

Kai stands up. “Okay, it ends here,” he clears his throat. “This is getting weirder by the minute.”

Then, all three of you have your eyes on Baekhyun. He’s still lost.

“What just happened?”

“Oh, we’re just playing around!” Kai’s mum says cheerfully and skips over to Baekhyun. She cups his face, “Who is this cute boy?” she smiles and pats his head.

“Riley’s new boyfriend,” Kai says, biting onto a biscuit.

Baekhyun and Kai’s mum turn their heads to you. You stare back at them.

“What?” Kai’s mum puts her hands on her hip. “But you’re our Riley. Isn’t our Kai the best?” She then turns to Baekhyun, “No offence.”

Baekhyun keeps shaking his head and waving his hands, “No, no. You got it all wrong. I’m not her—“

“—they’re just playing, Baekhyun,” you let out a small laugh. Baekhyun is getting more adorable by the minute with his blurriness.

“You’re just so adorable.” Kai’s mum pinches Baekhyun cheeks, causing Baekhyun to blush. “Can we keep him?”

Kai, who is now taking a bite of a slice of apple, shakes his head. “No, we can’t.” He then points to you. “He’s Riley’s.”

Baekhyun just let out a small laugh along with Kai’s mum. He must be thinking that Kai is still playing. You, on the other hand, are imagining stuffing the tray down Kai’s throat.

“Right,” Kai’s mum slowly walks to the door, “I’ll leave you guys to your thing.” Before closing the door, she pokes her head in, “Staying for dinner?” she asks Baekhyun. She didn’t bother asking you because you always stay for dinner. How can anyone say no to her cooking?

“Stay for dinner!” you say and Baekhyun looks at you then back to Kai’s mum.

“It’s settled then.” Kai’s mum smiles, “You can’t say no to your Riley, right?”

Just like that, she closes the door and went downstairs, leaving the awkward situation for the three of you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter