Chapter 15

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Few weeks passed and you have never talked to Baekhyun, passed by Baekhyun, seen Baekhyun or even breathe the same air as Baekhyun. You aren’t sure whether God is helping with adding more pain to you or lessening it but you like to think latter. You think it makes sense that you and Baekhyun has the slightest chance to be on the same hallway because you two are majoring in two different fields. The only reason why it was easier for the both of you to meet was because the two of you made efforts to actually meet up for lunch or dropping by each other’s clubs once in a while back then. The efforts stopped. It’s just like he’s gone, disappeared from your college, from your life, yet not from your brain or heart. It still hurts. As much as you won’t admit it, it’s still bothering you.

“Isn’t it nice just sitting out here?”

You nod. It is. You’ve been spending your evenings here on the grass, at the park, with Chanyeol for a few weeks already. And every single time, you’ll be staring at the kids playing happily while thinking about Chanyeol’s playground theory silently over and over again until Chanyeol decides to think of something to talk about. He says your silence scares him, worries him. A lot.

“What are you thinking?” he asks, sitting up. He leans forward to get a better view of your face because like always, other than staring at the kids, you’re just staring at the ground; your head hanging motionlessly, hair covering the sides of your face.

“Trying to make friends,” you joke, emotionlessly. You recall Chanyeol saying you look like you’re finding for your insect friends every time you stare at the ground. You wanted to make a funny remark but it didn’t quite come out as you planned. You just don’t have the mood to laugh or giggle. Or smile.

“You won’t get any new friends if you keep frowning like that,” he comments, also trying to make you laugh at his exaggerated toothy smile but it didn’t work.

“Do you think I did well in my finals?”

He nods. “It was a short semester. It shouldn’t be that bad. Besides, you’re the mighty vice president of the Science and Maths Club!” he exclaims cheerfully, yet still failing to make you flip your frowning lips upwards.

“I’m sorry. You’re doing your best to cheer me up but I’m not responding well to it.” You turn to look at him, finally. “I just can’t seem to smile. I want to, I really do. I just,” you look back down, “cant.”

Chanyeol heaves a sigh and leans back, supporting his weight with both hands on the ground. “It’s okay. I guess you’re just in a bad mood. Although I’m not really sure why and you’re not telling me why…” he trails off, waiting to see whether you’re going to tell him what’s bothering you. You’re not. “So what are you going to do this semester break?”

You manage to shrug, just a small shrug because your body feel heavy to you, like there’s a weight pressuring itself onto your shoulder. “Sit here, I guess.”

“I heard that the police department had been informed about a dangerous girl at this park and they’re keeping a tight lookout. You know, just in case she scares all the kids away—“

“—really?” you interrupt his sentence.

He chuckles with a twitch of his nose. “With her scary frowning face.”

“Chanyeol!” you hit him hard on his left arm. Maybe not as hard as you thought because every part of your body still feels heavy.

“You know you can’t just sit here every day.”

“Don’t challenge me.” You pull in your legs and hug them.

He holds both his hands up to chest level. “Okay.” Then, another moment of silence. “So, I guess I can be here every day as well?”

You rest your chin on your knees, continue staring the lake in front of you. “I thought you’re going to France with your parents for a holiday?”

“No, thank you. I spent the last 14 years there, mind you,” he replies. Then, he leans in towards you, “Unless you want me to get the big water bottle for you. It’s really huge!”

You let out a small chuckle, “No, thanks.”

His eyes widen and he leans in closer. “Was that a chuckle? Did I just make you—“

You palm his face away. You still aren’t too fond towards proximity. “Let’s play on the swings tomorrow.”

“Let’s just play now!” He stands up almost immediately and holds his right hand out to you.

You lazily your head up to look at him, eyeing him weirdly. “The swing is full.”

“Yah, what are you worried about?” He lowers his back and carries you up by your armpits. You are startled by that sudden action of his. “Don’t forget, kids used to run away from me because I’m two head taller than them.”

You scoff with a slight grin. “That was like what? 15 years ago?” you ask and turn to the swings. “You’re probably 10 heads taller than those kids now.”

“Doesn’t matter,” he says proudly and pulls you by your right hand, guiding you towards the swings. “At least you get to sit on a swing.”

So, you guys walked to the swings, and no, Chanyeol didn’t scare the kids away. None of them moved anyways. You two just waited for your turn on the swings. Not long, you two got your turns, one at a time, sharing only one swing because a little girl sacrificed hers for Chanyeol. You even laughed at the part where she said she wants to take Chanyeol home with her.

Being able to play on the swing was fun for you. You can’t remember the last time you actually play on a swing.

You and Kai were never near a playground.

You guess the last time actually played on a swing was a decade ago. But it wasn’t as fun compared to now because you just have to sit back and relax while Chanyeol did all the pushing for you. You then later find yourself standing at the back of the sitting Chanyeol, you gulp at this sight. He’s tall, he must be really heavy. You grab onto both metal chains of the swing Chanyeol is sitting and take a deep breath, trying to pull but to no avail. You only manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter