Chapter 1

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh. My. God. He’s there, standing by the door of my next class. Act normal.

“Riles?” your best friend slowing down his pace because you suddenly decided to not worry about being late for class when you were the one freaking out awhile ago as it is 5 minutes pass class time. “Riles?” he calls your name again but you aren’t paying attention. How can you when the guy you’ve been drooling over for the past 2 weeks somehow makes your fangirl-life easier by just standing there in front of you? My day is made. This is just too easy.

You are a few steps away from him, oh, and your class. You open your mouth, wanting to say ‘excuse me’ in the sweetest way ever and he would turn to you, flash the most mind-blowing smile and gives way to you. And your best friend, Kai. You had the scene mentally planned.

Then, “Excuse me.” You hear your line but it isn’t your voice. What the? You look over to Kai. That . He took your chance of making a significant appearance in that guy’s life.

“Oh, sorry.” The moment you have been waiting for flashes before you. That smile. You die a little inside. The smile isn’t directed towards you but Kai (who stole your mentally-planned script). , you think over and over again. While you are mentally planning Kai’s death ceremony, it comes to an end when you suddenly notice everyone who is at the door is staring at you, slightly confused.

Kai lets out an awkward chuckle and reaches out to grab your hand, “What are you doing?” he asks, pulling you into class after that.

“I’m glad you two finally decided to join us,” Miss M, your Psychology Lecturer, says. She hands out two sets of papers to the girl sitting just before her and motions that girl to pass them to you two. “You’re late.”

“Sorry.” Kai says with another awkward chuckle. His hands still on your shoulder after guiding you to two empty seats while you walk soullessly under his control. Your lecturer stares at both of you while he exerts some pressure onto your shoulder, making you sit.

“Is she okay?” Miss M asks with a concern look on her face.

“She was a moment ago.” Kai mutters as he looks to you, his face scrunches up. He looks annoyed. Then, he turns to Miss M who was waiting for a response, “Something’s wrong with her,” he says without thinking twice.

“Obviously.” Miss M scoffs and walks back to her laptop, about to continue with her lecture. She looks back at you and you are still in the same state, she sighs, “Kai, just make sure you get her to understand this chapter after class.”

“No, no! I’m okay!” You finally decide to say something, arms held up high to indicate you’re really alright. “Sorry, I blanked out. I won’t do it again.”

Miss M eye you weirdly, “Right…” you give her a big toothy smile. “As you can see—“ she decides to ignore you and continue where she stopped with the previous lecture.

 

 

 

The class finally ends and you quickly run out of class. You look to the left and to the right, hoping for the sight of that guy but to no avail. You sigh and then shrug. Oh well.

“Hello?” Kai appears behind you and gives you a face which clearly states ‘What the hell was that all about?’.

Again, you give the usual toothy smile and say, “Hi!” being all-Riley again.

You are weird, no doubt. And till today you’re still wondering why Kai decides to stay with you despite the heart attacks, PMS treatments and blank outs you g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter