Chapter 2

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

D.O slammed down the can of coke, trying to hold back hiccups. He spread himself out on the sofa and yawned, smiling as he stretched out his stiff body. He watched as the other EXO-K members introduced the new girl around the house. Kai was pointing at the bathroom, which D.O had scrubbed furiously that morning, and Suho was pointing at the kitchen, which D.O had washed too. He smiled with satisfaction as Suho nodded approvingly at the cleanliness of the house.

 

The girl looked like a flower: literally. She had a floral print dress, socks, hairband and even flowers painted on her nails. D.O laughed when he saw her at first, but Suho hyung had told him to "Respect other people's fashion! How would you like it if I laughed at your Batman shirts?" So D.O had stopped laughing and decided to respect her decision to wear those clothes.

 

"Why isn't D.O showing around the house too?" the girl asked in a high voice that sounded extremely fake. She crossed her tanned skinny arms and turned to D.O. Her light blue eyes locked with D.O's and he could tell that she had on color-lenses. Feeling her stare on him, he shifted awkwardly in his spot.

 

D.O inwardly groaned. "Because I cleaned the house already," he tried to say in his most cheerful voice. He tried his best to give a smile, but he knew it turned out to look like a grimace. "And so the other members decided to show you around, dear Tatiana."

 

"My name is Thea."

 

"Big difference," D.O muttered under his breath.

 

He disliked the idea of having a girl live with them. It was the manager's idea to hold a lucky lottery- the winner would be able to live with EXO-K for an extended period of time. The girl who came was quite pretty, and looked like she spent a lot of time on her appearance. But she looked exactly something along the lines of: . He could just see her charging down the school hallways knocking down helpless children on their faces.

 

D.O chugged down the can again, but this time couldn't hold back his hiccup. The more he thought about her, the less he was liking her. And it was only the first day!

 

"Heeeee!" D.O hiccuped, grabbing at his lips. He looked at his other members with his owl eyes. The members hated when he started to hiccup- because he never stopped.

 

"Don't drink too much coke," Suho smiled kindly at D.O. He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "It's not good for you!"

 

"If the girl wasn't here, he would have given me a time out in the bathroom," D.O said to himself. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Sehun slither away from the group and into his own room. He heard the door click as Sehun dutifully locked it- like he always did. D.O could hear Sehun's phone ringing.

 

"Where's Sehun?" Thea asked, looking up at Kai with huge eyes. "Why did he go in his room? Does he not like me or something?" She gasped.

 

"He's probably going to organize his clothes or something," Suho said. He looked at the locked door and gave a big sigh. D.O felt a pang of sadness: Suho was a great leader, and it wasn't his fault that he was stuck with a bunch of helpless children.

 

"Just tell her the truth," D.O called out, grinning, obviously pleased to see his leader so disgusted. "Sehun's calling Luhan, who's in China. It's what he does every hour, every minute and every second of his time. He's always talking to him. He barely talks to us. Maybe that's why our phone bill is so ing high."Suho narrowed his eyes at D.O, but he merely shrugged.

 

"He cussed!" Thea jabbed a finger at D.O. "He just said the f-word!"

 

"I damn right said it," D.O said to himself. "Get real, we always swear." Thea looked like D.O had just admitted that he was from another planet.

 

"Then I guess I can cuss in this house too," the girl smiled to herself. "I actually swear a lot, so this will just make my life more comfortable here."

 

"Actually we try to limit bad words..." Suho started to say, before the girl stepped in, practicing all her swear words in various forms of language. Kai watched her with his eyebrow raised, his expression radiating the words: DISAPPROVAL. The only person who was watching Thea with an amused face was Chanyeol. He was watching her with a smirk on his face.

 

━ 

 

"Let's have some fun!" Suho laughed again, trying to get everyone into a better mood. He grabbed Thea's hand and dragged her into the living room. D.O reluctantly scooted over to give some space on the sofa.

 

"So, who's your favorite EXO member, Thea? Hmm? You don't have to be shy! You can just tell us!" Suho said.

 

"Kai and Baekhyun," Thea smiled. "They're so hot! They're amazing!"

 

Suho hung his head, Chanyeol sighed, and D.O chugged down some more coke. Baekhyun peaked out from behind the sofa and gave a dazzling smile. D.O could see that Baekhyun had tried ruffling up his hair in the same way their fashion-designer noonas did.

 

"Nice to meet you, Thea," Baekhyun said. Her dress was sticking to her body so much that it made Baekhyun uncomfortable. He put on a small smile and shook her hand.

 

"Why were you behind the sofa?" D.O barked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter