Chapter 8

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

Kai came into your room with a grin. "We're leaving to a photoshoot right now. Do you want to come?"

 

"You can't just barge in barge into my room like that," you said.

 

"I don't know how to call you then," he shrugged. "You won't tell me your name."

 

You decided to tell him the truth. "I'll tell you then. I don't have a name."

 

Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about? Everyone has a name."

 

"I don't," you said. "I'm not supposed to be alive right now. I don't have a birth certificate. My parents are dead because the government came to my house and took them away. I escaped, but they don't know. According to the official world documents, I do not exist."

 

Kai was immediately at your side. "What happened? Can I ask? If you don't want to, it doesn't matter, but..."

 

"No, I'll tell you," you said. "I need someone to know my story before I die, anyways. My father worked in the government, but he was a spy. His work was found out so the government needed to kill him, and wipe out his entire family just in case they knew any illegal information too. They came to my house in helicopters and tore down my house looking for them. I hid. My father was telling the them that I had died two years ago in a spy related accident. They believed him, so they went away. Since then, I've been faring well on my own."

 

"I'm sorry," Kai said, and to your surprise, you could see tears glistening in his eyes. "But if you need anything, I'll help you. You can even live with me, or my parent's house. I'm sure they won't mind."

 

There was silence, and Kai eventually pulled you into a hug. You started crying; tears pouring out, thinking of the fatal day in December when you heard the whirring of helicopters, your father screaming at you- telling you to hide! Hurry and hide!, your mother sobbing and telling you that she loved you no matter what. Then they said goodbye and you never saw them again.

 

The memories came in a flash and you ended up bawling. Kai held you close to him, your back. You could hear his ragged breathing right against your ear. He told you that everything was going to be okay. Then he asked again for your name. "I need to call you something. Or I can just make a name for you if that's more comfortable."

 

"I'd rather not use my past name," you whispered.

 

"I like the name Yoora," Kai chuckled. "I always have. Honestly, if I ever have a daughter or something, I'd want to name her that. Don't you think it's a nice name? I think it suits you well."

 

You felt color draining from your face, but seeing Kai's hopeful expression, you said: "I like it." But truthfully, you hated it. Just hearing the name brought back such bad memories, but Kai didn't know that your real name was Yoora. How could he have guessed? You looked at him, suspicion growing, but Kai looked clueless.

 

"Let's go then, Yoora," Kai said, pulling at your hand. "Ugh, my eyes are going to be red for the photoshoot. That's not good," he laughed and pulled you to your feet.

 

_

 

"No, no!" The photo director was shouting, his face red. "Sehun, I want you to casually hug Chanyeol. Right now, you look very stiff and awkward. C'mon. Let's try again. Chanyeol, stop twitching like that too."

 

Sehun threw his arms around Chanyeol again, trying not to flinch from the touch. But he couldn't stop himself. His body kept on twitching and his mind started to whir fast. Finally fear took hold of him, and Sehun jumped out of Chanyeol's hand, shaking his head over and over again. Baekhyun was right by his side, comforting him.

 

The photo director looked extremely pissed. "I don't understand you boys," he was saying, rubbing his head. "Is it hard to hug your best friend in from of the camera? Go take some rest, Sehun, you look like you saw a ghost."

 

"I'll take the picture instead of him," Baekhyun spoke up. He took Sehun's spot and awkwardly stood with Chanyeol. Chanyeol was looking away, trying not to see him. At the director's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter