Chapter 11

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Flashback-

 

Kai bounded into the room, his black hair slicked up, and kicked his shoes off before sliding into the dorm. He just came back after filming a teaser for EXO's debut. He walked over to Sehun and Suho who were playing cards. They were lying on their stomachs, so Kai joined them on the floor.

 

Sehun grunted, showing he was aware of Kai's presence, and Suho gave a slight nod. They didn't move over to provide Kai with any space.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" Kai said loudly, peering over to see what cards Sehun was holding. He grinned when he saw that he had over fifteen cards in his hand. "Were you home all day? Gosh, I almost wish I stayed home. Today was hard, but it was really fun."

 

"Which teaser did you film?" Sehun asked in a dull voice. "Was it the piano one or the light one or the..."

 

"I filmed the one with the hat actually," Kai said. "The continuation from yours, Sehun. Except the director did say that mine was a little bit more flawless, but anyways, I think both ours came out pretty well. Well, at least I think mine was pretty good."

 

"Show off," Sehun said under his breath. "God, get a life."

 

"And these three girls were waiting outside around the SM Building and they were like calling my name," Kai was smiling and shaking his head. "I have no idea how they know by names. They gave me all these gifts, do you want to see?" Kai reached over for his bag and popped it open. "Hmmm, some extremely long fan letters, notebooks, another ipod... I got one yesterday. Oh, but this one's red. That's cool then. Yesterday I got green."

 

"Are you trying to show off?" Sehun's temper flared out before he could stop it. He had been wanting to buy an iPod for a long time, but because he didn't have enough money to spare for pleasure items, he couldn't. He was stuck with an old MP3 player from an older friend. He knew that Kai was just trying to rub it in his face. "We don't ing care about your presents or your fame okay?"

 

"Chill," Kai held two hands up. "I was just showing you what gifts I got today. Why, Sehun? No gifts yet, hmm?"

 

"My fans are probably buying me some right now," Sehun grumbled, tugging on his hair.

 

"What fans?" Kai laughed, trying to make it sound like a joke, but it came out harsh. Sehun bit his lip back as if he was trying to hold back tears. Suho looked a little surprised. "... Just kidding. I'm just playing around..."

 

" you," Sehun stood up. Kai reached out to grab Sehun, but he pushed him back. Sehun gave Kai another piercing glare before racing towards his room. He threw the door open to see Chanyeol inside. He stopped in his tracks, his heart pounding, but he couldn't will himself to go into the room. Chanyeol was talking on the phone with a girlfriend or something. He raised an eyebrow menacingly at Sehun.

 

Sehun couldn't make his tongue move; he couldn't ask why Chanyeol was in his room. Instead, he fled from the room and pounded on Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun was at his desk, writing something things in a diary that Sehun knew he was keeping. Baekhyun looked up and smiled at Sehun, but didn't say anything. For Sehun, he found it comforting. He didn't want people to ask why he was crying.

 

He settled down in the corner between Baekhyun's desk and D.O's empty bed and put his head on his knees. He let out a sob and the tears dripped down. His nose was blocked, so he was gasping for air through his mouth. He heard the scratching of Baekhyun's pen against the paper and the whirring of the small fan above. The small noises around him comforted Sehun, and after a few minutes, he stopped sobbing.

 

Sehun stood up again, wiping his face with his sleeve. He saw Baekhyun looking at him with a warm smile. He walked over and slid his arms around Baekhyun, resting his chin on his hyung's shoulder. "Thank you, Baekhyun. It's just that everyone is so hard on me. You're really nice to me, thanks."

 

Baekhyun tapped on his notebook. "You should start writing down your problems and feelings. It'll make you feel much better. It's nice to feel like you put down all your thoughts somew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter