Chapter 6

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol pushed him against the wall.

 

Baekhyun struggled, but he could not escape. A get-away attempt would be futile, considering Chanyeol's great height and strength compared to himself. He closed his eyes and tried to block out as much as Chanyeol was telling him.

 

"Didn't I tell you to listen to me?" Chanyeol hissed. "I thought you told me you were always going to listen to me."

 

"Not unless you stop bothering the others," Baekhyun replied, still fighting. His hands were locked behind him. Chanyeol was pressed up against him with one hand on Baekhyun's chest. "I can't let you do it to them."

 

"What does my behavior have to do with you?" Chanyeol scowled.

 

"You can't hurt them."

 

"Of course I won't," Chanyeol smiled. "What makes you think that?"

 

"You can't release your anger on them just like you did when we were trainees," Baekhyun said. "If you have an Anger Control Problem, you should get some medications and settle down instead of trying to beat others to pulp. I thought you learned your lesson when the SME head told you off for making D.O's face black and blue."

 

"I can control myself, thank you very much."

 

"No, you can't," Baekhyun said aggressively. "You actually have the problem. It's called ACP, unless you forgot about it. Go to the hospital, Chanyeol. You have some big issues."

 

"Shut up," Chanyeol roared. "Shut up. If you haven't forgotten, I was the one who helped you through your life when you were a Trainee. I gave you money to support your family back home, I helped you with all the lessons, helped you pass even in school. And then you turn on me? Is that fair?"

 

"I only you to protect the others," Baekhyun said, narrowing his eyes. "Especially Sehun and D.O."

 

Chanyeol laughed. "You're trying to protect them from me? That isn't going to lead you anywhere. You said nothing about it when I beat them up when they were Trainees. They should pay attention and listen to what the I'm telling them."

 

"I watched you every day. And I also watched D.O and Sehun suffer. I wasn't going to let it happen anymore. I bet I'm making you angry right now, aren't I, huh? Why don't you throw a punch at me? See if that makes you feel better," Baekhyun taunted Chanyeol. "Let's see if you can get me into the hospital just like you got Sehun in."

 

Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow and for a moment he stared at Baekhyun, making Baekhyun feel restless and fearful of what his ex-best friend was going to do to him. He felt Chanyeol's grip tighten and then finally loosen. His shoulders and arms burned from exhausion and he felt himself stumble a little. Chanyeol started to talk, probably warning him that there will not be a 'next time', when Baekhyun saw Sehun and D.O approach from behind Chanyeol's shoulders. Baekhyun shook his head with as little motion as possible, trying to tell them to go away.

 

Chanyeol stopped talking and followed your gaze. His lips curled up into a smile. "Well, what do we have here? Exactly the two boys that we were talking about."

 

"Go back into the house," Baekhyun warned his friends, loudly. "Now."

 

Chanyeol shoved Baekhyun against the wall again, quieting him. He took a step towards the two boys, telling them to come closer. "What are you two doing here? Here to rescue your superman? He's not going to help you. Do you think I won't be able to hurt you like I did before, just because my ex-best friend is in the way? No, of course not. I'll just have to push him a little out of the way to get to you. Not much of a problem though."

 

Baekhyun watched as Sehun started backing away, his lower lip quivering from anxiety. D.O looked past Chanyeol and to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shook his head and mouth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter