Chapter 3

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was knocking at your door; little taps. You woke up, groaning. A shiver of fear ran through your body. You hated being alone in the dark; it was a phobia. Quickly, you the lamp and finally you were able to see. The EXO poster in front of you brought so much comfort. You glanced over to the clock. It read ELEVEN: FOURTY-SEVEN. You liked to sleep early, so for you, this was extreme midnight. Who would be knocking on the door in the middle of the night anyways?

 

"Who's there?" You scrambled over to the door and peaked out.

 

It was him.

 

"What are you doing here?" you roared at the boy from next door through the little crack. "Go home! Or else I'm going to call the police on you! I'm not afriad!"

 

"Calm down," the boy was laughing. His looks resembled Kai so much that it hurt to look at him. His beauty was overpowering. He leaned forward, pressing his face against the door. "I would love it if you could let me in. I need some place to stay for the night. I don't want to go home."

 

"Do you think I'll just let in some stranger man into the house?" you scoffed. "I was educated not to talk to strangers, and you are a stranger. Now go home before I call the police. I have the phone in my hand." You looked down at your empty hands.

 

There was a pause. "Did you kiss your Kai poster already?"

 

"What does Kai have to do with you?" you answered, shaking your head. "What is with your Kai obsession?"

 

"Everything," he smirked. "Did you hear about EXO's event? Where they picked a fan to live with them? Did you sign up?"

 

"No," you sighed. "Because I had absolutely no hope."

 

"Do you know who was chosen?"

 

"I bet some rich girl who bribed the company," you laughed.

 

"Maybe. Do you know Thea?"

 

At the name, you stepped back and narrowed your eyes, although you couldn't see the boy from next door. "Actually, I know her very well. Does she live with you or something? I saw her enter your house earlier on."

 

"She's the chosen fan. She gets to live with us."

 

"Excuse me?" you sputtered. "How would you know?"

 

"Are you sure you love Kai?" he was still laughing. "That you wouldn't even recognize his face when you see him?"

 

Your heart started to thump. It's a joke, you tried to tell yourself. But although you tried convincing yourself that he was lying, the more you started to believe in him. The six boys, the handsome boy who looked and even spoke like Kai, their busy schedules... There was a rustling sound outside.

 

"Kai oppa! What are you doing here?" That was Thea's voice. And she was calling the boy on your doorstep Kai.

 

"Oh My God," you whispered, taking a step back.

 

"I'm just talking to a friend," Kai was telling Thea. "Go home, it's dangerous for you to be out right now. Especially in that dress kind of thing that you're wearing."

 

"Let's go home together, hmm?" Thea giggled.

 

"No thank you."

 

"Kai, we're going to be living with each other for a month. Please? We should get to know each other as much as possible! And you're my ultimate bias, oppa! By the way, did we choose how we're going to sleep yet? Can I choose! Oh, please, I want to choose who I'm going to sleep next to!"

 

You opened the door slightly to see what was happening, and there he was: right on your doorstep. The boy you had worshipped every day, the first and last person you saw before sleeping, the boy you had 'indirectly' kissed through a poster. And he was on your doorstep with ruffled hair, a sleeveless black shirt, and a pair of bunny slippers. Then there was her: Thea. The girl who found pure joy in tormenting you at school. The girl who called you homeless, motherless, fatherless, family-less. The girl who ran down the school hallways with her drivers trailing after her with bags and bags of clothes. Boys flocked her, girls followed her; Thea was the best. Or so they thought. Kai turned and his eyes locked with yours. "Pack your bags. You're comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter