Chapter 19

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

Your eyes were snapped open when you heard the front door slam, but you had zero interest. Thief? Introduer? No, most likely an EXO-K member raiding your fridge. You felt light headed, almost as if you were brought into another surreal universe that had zero gravity and had heat radiating from all around you. It was almost too stuffy, like something was trying to choke you, like someone's arms were wrapped around you, his fingers around your waist, his head against the crook of your neck, pressing his heat against your—

 

"Mmmhmm," that someone said, clearly enjoying every moment. You jumped out of the bed, hurling yourself over the edge. You hit the ground with an embarassing thump, but you moved quickly to the wall and pressed yourself against it...as if the more distance there was between you and the boy, the less your heart was stop racing in your chest. You closed your eyes, trying to calm yourself down. But all you could hear was the thump-thump sound of your heart echoing in your head. What was he doing? You thought of the time when he tilted your chin up with his finger and called you beautiful.

 

Then the heat came back. You felt it closing in on you.

 

"S— Sehun."

 

He looked horrendous. Sehun had his hair sticking in every direction, half his bangs on his forehead, while the other half was sticking straight up. He had dark, black circles under his eyes and his lip was bright red and swollen from last night's skirmish. Down his long, lanky arms were the remaints and memories of yesterday; black, purple bruises were splotched on his pale skin from his shoulders to his hands. But despite this, seeing Sehun in a sleeveless tanktop was a grand experience. His shoulders were broad and as he pushed you against the wall, you saw his muscles flex and unflex. He was breathing slightly too loudly and slightly too ally. His lips were open just partially, raw from yesterday's fight.

 

Sehun leaned in and you were sure of it: he was going to kiss you. Sehun put his arms around you and just as you were expecting the warm, smothering touch of his lips against yours...

 

"You saved my life!"

 

Sehun threw you onto the bed and started laughing when you landed helplessly face down on the pillows.

 

"Sehun!" you sputtered, all your nervousness and thump-thumping of your heart extinguished. "What the hell?"

 

He ran over and grabbed you again, spinning you around. "Yoora, you saved my life! I think I out yesterday while trying to be the hero or something and you brought me over to your house so that I can be safe, right? It's like our secret hideout now. Oh, and you put these bandages on me too! Wait, they're kind of falling off. Do you have waterproof ones? Those are better, but they are actually hurt to peel off." He sat on the bed and became suddenly immersed in his bandages. He prodded the ones that were on his elbows. "Yeah, I think waterproof ones will be better. Do you have those?"

 

"I can't believe I thought you were mature for a second," you said under your breath, reaching for the silver handle of the door and pulling the door wide open. You threw a dirty glare over your shoulder at Sehun, who was now contemplating whether or not he should rip the band-aids off mercilessly in one go, or peel them off slowly while enduring the pain. "I thought you were going to kiss me."

 

"Yeah. I thought he was going to kiss you too." You choked on your own breath when you recognized the boy at once. He had a small build and an angelic face. The boy stood by the door, and though he was clearly unwelcomed in your house, he stood there as if he were the master of the house. He smiled and opened his arms out, as if he was expecting a hug.

 

"L— Luhan?"

 

"Luhan?" Sehun flew off the bed, suddenly in a frenzy that you've never seen before. "Luhan!" You were pushed over to the side as Sehun lunged for his best friend.

 

This gave you some time to slowly digest what was happening. Luhan looked like a doll; he looked exactly like he did in the countless pictures you had saved of him on your computer. Except now, he was radiating with stars and was glowing like he was an angel sent from the Heavens. His lips were parted into a large smile as he hugged Sehun. Wait, how was he at your door again? You looked over to see a flushing Sehun give Luhan a peck on his cheek while saying "I missed you hyung!" in the most gushy, girly voice you have ever heard come out of Oh Sehun. You guessed Sehun was saving the kiss for him then.

 

"I missed you too," Luhan smiled brightly, pinching Sehun's flushed cheeks. You watched with disbelief as Sehun flushed bright red and pinched his lips together as he tried to supress a big smile. 

 

"Aw, hyung, stop," Sehun playfully swatted him away, finally grinning.

 

"Oh, you must be Yoora!" Luhan pushed Sehun away and came over to you. "I'm Luhan."

 

"Ah," you said, as if you didn't know who he was before. "Um hi. How are you in my house again?"

 

Luhan smiled apologetically. "I personally wanted to ring the doorbell because I thought that was polite, but Jongin told me over the phone to barge into your house without knocking or anything because you liked surprises." He examinated your face, making you flush red. "Are you okay? You look a little... scared."

 

"I'm hungry!" Sehun pipped up from the corner, jealous from all the attention Luhan was giving you. Sehun was pressed against the wall, ripping at his bandages again with a pout evidently portraying on his raw, red lips. 

 

"I have enough food for three," you said. "Exactly enough for three, thank God."

 

Luhan snorted, before covering it up with a polite cough. 

 

"Is that not enough food?" you said a little sarcastically.

 

"No," Luhan retorted sharply. "Sorry, that came out a little harsh." He smiled brightly again- the same smile that you saw on Luhan's face in every music video, interview or TV program. The smile that made him look innocuous and jovial on camera. The fact that he kept on trying to give that smile to you made you slightly apprehensive. "No, that will not be enough, sorry. My crew eats a lot of food. Like I mean, a lot. Your food will probably only fill Sehun."

 

"Your c— crew?"

 

"God damn it's hot in here!" A voice came loudly from outside.

 

"Duizhang, get me some water!"

 

"No, you get the water!"

 

"I spent the entire airplane ride on the floor because you wanted to lie down on two seats. Now fetch me water!"

 

"How is there no ing aircon in the house? What kind of house is this?"

 

Luhan looked anxious. "We don't usually swear! I promise!" he stuttered, mistaking your look of incredulity and shock for the fact that EXO-M was using profanity so freely. "We just came back from an airplane ride, right? And that, um, makes us kind of grumpy." He waited for a little bit. "See?" he let out a nervous chuckle. "No more swearing! I think the boys have settled down to watch some TV or something! Or maybe they're eating snacks! We bought loads of gummies..."

 

"I need to take a ," came Kris' voice.

 

"Why the do you have to announce it to everyone?" came Chen's voice. "Just go!"

 

You gave Luhan a weak smile. Luhan was in the midst of trying to control his expression- you could tell that he wanted to spit and cuss out of annoyance, but he was trying to keep a good image in front of you. You stopped the sputtering Luhan from making any more excuses.

 

"Luhan, you don't have to cover it up. I already know what EXO-K is like. I already assumed that you'd be just like them. I'm a little surprised Jongin didn't tell you already," you said.

 

"Oh," Luhan said, blinking. "Why the didn't you tell me before!" He laughed loudly. "God, I was trying to keep my language safe around you and my tongue was trying to be rebellious. I don't think I could have held my language back anymore. Anyways, I don't think we've got problems like the Korean group does though. We came here because the manager wanted us to check up on them."

 

He lowered his voice to make sure Sehun wouldn't be able to hear, but Sehun was busy enduring lots of pain while ripping of a few bandages. "Is Kyungsoo... still... you know?"

 

"Yeah," you said half-heartedly. "He still is."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter