Chapter 9

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your POV

 

Baekhyun slid into the seat next to you. You and the six EXO-K members, including that Thea, were driving home after the photoshoot. Kai was saving your spot in the back seat, but Thea plopped herself into it and refused to move. You didn't mind that much; you wanted to socialize with the other members too.

 

"Do you want one?" Baekhyun smiled and tore open a packet of gummy-bears. He gave you a lime green one, which you munched on hungrily.

 

"Is your real name Yoora?" Baekhyun said. He shifted his eyes away from yours and poured the rest of the gummy-bears into his mouth. It was your real name, but you didn't want to tell the truth. You shook your head fast and you saw Baekhyun exhale in relief. "Sorry. I thought I... recognized you or something. Nevermind, ignore that."

 

Sehun opened the door of the car and frowned. "There's no room left."

 

"Make some room, guys. Hello? I can't believe you all listened so well to Kris when he visited, and you never listen to me." Suho continued to whine from the driver's seat. He was the driver.

 

"Do you mind?" Baekhyun asked you.

 

"What?" you said, caught off guard.

 

Baekhyun grabbed your waist and hauled you onto his lap. He scooted over next to the window seat to make space for Sehun. "Are you comfortable?" Baekhyun wriggled from under you and put an arm around you. He grinned and rested his chin on your shoulder. "Alright. Let's go!"

 

"Baekhyun," Kai was tapping on his shoulder. "If you're uncomfortable, I can always... you know... help you out. I have some room back here. It looks a little squishy up there." He shounded hopeful.

 

"Oh!" Thea cried out. "Sehun can sit back here with us and I can sit on your lap, Kai! I think that'll work, yes, that's an ingenious idea." There was shuffling in the back, and you tried to look but Baekhyun was in the way. "No, Kai, I meant I have to sit on your lap."

 

"You're fine, Tatiana," D.O said from the front seat. He turned around to face you and Baekhyun. He grinned madly and made a heart shape with his hands. Your face burned with embarassment, but Baekhyun was laughing.

 

"Jealous, Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked D.O with a smirk. He put his other arm around you and pulled you closer to him. D.O was making more faces at Baekhyun.

 

Suddenly, out of the blue, Sehun said, "I don't think Chanyeol's in the van." The members all stopped what they were doing and looked around. The car halted and started turning around. They were almost already at the dorm, so going back to the photoshoot place would take a good fourty-minutes.

 

"I'm so screwed," Sehun whispered. "I forgot to tell you guys that Chanyeol was re-taking his pictures. The photoshooting director told me to tell you, oh . It's raining too. ing screwed, oh god."

 

The car ride back to pick up Chanyeol was quiet. Your eyes were closing because you hadn't slept well the night before. You were too anxious to sleep in the same room as Thea, and the same house as Kai. You slumped backwards and your head hit the window. You gave a loud groan. Baekhyun chuckled and placed your head on his chest. "You can lean on me. It's fine, go to sleep." You breathed in deeply and smiled, but you quickly chased the thought away. He smlled nice. You heard Kai cough loudly and awkwardly, but you were already falling into a deep sleep.

_

 

You woke up when you heard the car door slide open with a loud bang. You fell forward, sudden fear creeping through your body. Your head hit the window again with a big thump. Baekhyun grabbed you and pulled you backwards. "It's just Chanyeol. Hush, you can sleep again." He wrapped his warm arms around you again, but you couldn't sleep.

 

Chanyeol was standing outside the car, soaked from head to toe. He had been standing in the rain for over an hour because the photoshoot had closed and he had no where to go. He looked furious. Sehun was sitting in the front with D.O, but had moved to the backseat and was hiding next to Kai. You felt Baekhyun tense suddenly.

 

"Do you have a towel? No towel? Any clothes? Nothing? We can't just let him get in the car like that," Suho was saying. "Chanyeol will catch a cold, ugh, okay." Suho threw off his shirt and tossed it to Chanyeol, who was half in the van. The shirt was soaked just after Chanyeol was able to wipe his face. Suho demanded for everyone's shirts.

 

D.O reluctantly tossed Chanyeol a shirt, muttering, "I hope he does catch a cold." Then Kai's shirt was passed up front, then Sehun's. Chanyeol was in the van now, shivering, mopping himself up with the shirts. His lips were purple and he was rubbing his arms up and down. You almost felt bad for him.

 

"Hold on," Baekhyun said to you. He shifted under you and tugged at his shirt. Embarassed, you looked away as Baekhyun took off his shirt and handed it to Chanyeol. Chanyeol took off his soaked shirt and put on Baekhyun's to keep himself warm. "C'mon. You can lean back against me again."

 

"It's okay," you said weakly, half-turning around to see Baekhyun. He was looking at you expectantly with his arms held out. You saw Kai behind Baekhyun with a slightly jealous face. He saw you looking at him, so he smiled a little. The half-crooked smile that you loved so much. Kai knew exactly how to pull it off all the time.

 

"No, no," Baekhyun said. "You won't have a seat then." He grabbed you before you could say anything else and so you had no choice but to lean against Byun Baekhyun's exposed chest. The car lurched forward and they were off. You could hear Baekhyun's heart pounding.

 

"Is S...Sehun in... the c...car?" Chanyeol sputtered, his body still shaking. He squinted up to the front of the car, then to the back. You knew he couldn't see him because he was hiding behind Kai.

 

"He's sleeping," Kai said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter