Chapter 10

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O's POV 

 

I am ing done dealing with this . Okay, that's what I want to think, but nope, there's no way out of this. I cannot bear to even look at him. He's some troll from Mars who's here to ruin my life, my God. But I have to admit, I am a little scared of him.

 

I can't get this one scene out of my mind. So I was this young Trainee. I was so excited because it was the first day I was going to SM Entertainment as a Trainee. I sang a lot the night before and practiced some dance moves because, hey, I didn't want to fall behind in the class. So I was off, literally singing and skipping down the hallway. I didn't know that you were supposed to be quiet in the Entertainment. Singing class was up next, so I was practicing in the bathroom.

 

In came a couple of older boys. They were looking at me, laughing and nearly taunting me. I wanted to make some friends so I said hello. And I did a little wave, although I was feeling very nervous. I tried to smile as brightly as possible.

 

They looked at me. Their taunting grins turned into sneers, especially the big, tall guy in the middle. He rolled his eyes really dramatically and came towards me, his footsteps echoing against the bathroom floor.

 

"I haven't seen you around before," the tall boy said. "What are you?"

 

"My name is Kyungsoo," I smiled at him, trying to be as cheerful as possible. I wanted to give them an impression that Kyungsoo was a nice, sunny, hardworking trainee. I shuffled my feet a little when I saw the tall boy's expression again. He looked a little angry. "What's... What's your name?"

 

"I'm Chanyeol. And I don't appreciate you speaking informally to me right now."

 

"Oh!" I laughed a little, trying to brighten the mood. "I heard about you before! We're actually just one year apart. But you are still one year older than me... Would you rather for me to speak formally to you?"

 

Chanyeol came up to me, his tall body towering over me. He pushed me against the cold bathroom wall, and the bathroom stall door swung backwards with a loud bang. He grabbed my hair and I muffled a yelp. I didn't understand what he was doing. The pain was so overwhelming that when I opened my eyes again, I saw that I was kneeling in front of the toilet with Chanyeol's hand still on the back of my head.

 

"Dunk him," Chanyeol's friends were laughing. "Dunk him!"

 

"But... But I didn't do anything wrong!" I sputtered, trying not to flail out. Chanyeol's grip on my head was steady and his fingers were pressing right into my skull. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. I thought of my Mother, who told me that morning to be strong, and to ignore all the kinds of "weird" people.

 

"A brand-new Trainee," Chanyeol said, his words attacking me. I felt them jab at me, scratching my entire body. "Singing in the bathroom as loud as you can, trying to show off, huh? You think you're so good? Guess what, Kyungsoo. There are hundreds of Trainees in SM Entertainment, and your talent is among the rock-bottom, hear me?" He laughed. "I actually feel a little bad for you. Tell you what, just go home. You'll never debut, and you're just wasting your time. Go home."

 

"No thanks," I said. I thought I said the words in my head, but it turns out, i said them outloud. .

 

Chanyeol threw my head inside the toilet and I sputtered, making bubbles. It was disgusting and I'd rather not talk about it, if you don't mind. Basically, I was making a fit and I was trying to push Chanyeol away, but he was really tall and strong. Let's say I was practically drowning in the small toilet bowl until someone pulled Chanyeol back.

 

"Chanyeol!" said a thinner boy with a sharp jaw. He looked like another boy that Chanyeol would beat up, but Chanyeol's other friends had backed away, and Chanyeol immediately stopped. I hacked and coughed. I dragged myself out of the bathroom stall, but I didn't have the energy to leave the room.

 

"Are you okay?" the thin boy came over to me. He grabbed his shirt and mopped my face up with it. I blindly pushed him away, my heart thumping, trying to catch my breath. The thin boy grabbed my wrists and hauled me up from the ground. He slung my arm around his shoulder. "I'm Baekhyun. Let me properly welcome you to SM Entertainment. I can help you ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter