Chapter 1

The Boys Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was seven in the morning when you thought your house was going to get run over by a herd of buffalos. You shot up in your bed, the sound getting bigger and bigger. The house started to rumble and your heart started to shake with it. You grabbed a tangerine on your desk, just in case. It could be a perfect weapon for whatever was coming.

 

You hauled yourself out of bed.

 

"Come at me," you whispered under your breath. "Come at me."

 

The rumbling of buffalos seemed to be coming outside. Taking a breath, you eyed the curtain with one eye. What was behind it? Something big enough to shake the whole house, of course. Something big was coming at you. You looked at the EXO-K poster on your wall.

 

"Don't look at me like that, Kai," you huffed. "I'm not scared!"

 

But Kai was still laughing at you.

 

"Fine, fine." You whipped the curtain and a brilliant stream of sunlight flooded into the room. You let out a groan and tried to shade yourself from the light.

 

"It's Baekhyun!" you tried to joke to yourself. "He's coming with his light powers!" You looked back at Baekhyun's angelic face on the poster and started to laugh. Then you turned back to the window and you felt your eyes popping out of your head.

 

There were three giant red trucks lined up in front of the house across the street. So that's what was making the noise. No buffalos, or helicopters either. You shuddered when you thought of that word. You would never forget the night the helicopters surrounded your house, demanding for your family... You shook your head, eager to get the horrid thoughts out. Then you returned to the window.

 

"That's absurd," you coughed. "Right, D.O.?"

 

As usual, poster D.O. did not respond. He only looked back at you with his owl eyes.

 

"Who in the world would haul around three fire engines? Must be some family who has no respect for people trying to sleep in on a Saturday, huh."

 

 

A girl hopped out of a pink limo that came up the driveway. As she left the car, she tossed her hair, and slipped on her black, expensive-looking sunglasses. You muffled a giggle as you eyed her fashion: a flower dress at least six times too small, and green and dark yellow polka-dotted converse. You watched in envy as the girl motioned for her driver to follow her. Your eyes followed the girl as your hands peeled the tangerine. You shoved the whole thing in your mouth and began to chew.

 

"I think I saw her somewhere before," you said to yourself. "There's no one in this neighborhood that's so incredibly rich and spoiled and a fashion-disastor as she is... except..."

 

You gasped. Your hands fumbled at the window and finally you unlocked it. You leaned outside the window as far as possible, squinting and still chewing the tangerine.

 

"Why would Thea be here? Do not tell me she is moving in here!" you groaned and looked back at Kai's face. He was still laughing at you, so you huffed and turned back around. Poster Kai never sympathized with you when you were feeling down.

 

Six boys came out of the house, looking very handsome and sharp. You raised an eyebrow. It was the first time seeing these boys because they were always away. You watched Thea jump up and down, squealing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter