The Deal

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Later in day the Hwang family moved away ---

Ha Neul’s POV

It was a lie. A. BIG. FAT. LIE.

I didn’t have a place to stay.

Even yesterday evening had not been successful.

All rooms I visited were either too expensive, their neighbourhood was really unsuitable, or they didn’t allow cats. (Yes, I had to take my cat with me because she’s so attached to me. When I spend the night outside she keeps the whole house awake with her meowing.)

So I had no other choice than to bring my luggage to my lectures. I explained to Hyo Rin that I’d be moving in right after the lectures. She’d offered me to help me move in but of course I couldn’t accept that. I had told her the same lie as I’d told Woohyun oppa; just with oppa being the person who’d visited the room with me.

But I couldn’t lie forever. I needed a solution. And fast. I mean, I was officially homeless, for God’s sake!

 

After the lectures ---

I was sitting on a park bench in the wealthiest neighbourhood of Seoul. I don’t know how I ended up here. I’d just been walking around, getting on random buses and getting off at random stations again. And now I was here, wasting my time by looking at this gorgeous building behind the trees.

Why couldn’t I just be rich? Then I certainly wouldn’t have to deal with the prospect of sleeping on this bench tonight…

I leaned back to look at the position of the sun checking how much time I had left till dawn.

But I’d forgotten the bench I was sitting on didn’t have a backrest.

I flailed my arms; desperately tried to grab anything that would keep me from falling over. But there was nothing in reach. I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed I wouldn't brake something.

But instead of a 'kkrcks!' (bones breaking) or a 'thud' (me hitting the ground) it sounded more like a 'ughh!' (someone groaning... ?!!!!!!).

I slowly opened one eye…

…and immediately closed it again.

WHY???? Why me?!? I must have at least murdered an emperor in my previous live to deserve this!

“Are you stalking me?” The guy who’d cushioned my fall asked.

He must have been lying behind the bench I had been sitting on. (Why woud you do that anyway? Wouldn't you normally lie on the bench instead of beside it???) Either way, I was now lying on top of him; the both of us forming a perfect cross together. If he were to stand up with outstretched arms right now he would have carried me bridal style. But, of course, he didn't and I lied there, across his lap, while trying to wrack my mind thinking of a way to get myself out of this mess...

Let’s just pretend I fainted…

“OY!! Do you think I didn’t see you opening your eye a second ago?!?”

I swallowed hard and then lifted my eyelids only to look at the one face I absolutely didn’t want to see but would recognise anywhere for I had gotten the chance to examine it close up twice. He was now resting on his elbows while showering me with daggers. I tried an apologetic smile but he kept on glaring at me.

“What are you doing here?” I tried again and sat up as well. Being on a lower eye level than him, I felt inferior.

“Give me a reason why I should tell you.” He sneered at my face.

I looked away and my eyes fell on the gorgeous building I’d been looking at before. I paused. Then I looked back at him and again at the building.

I was in the most expensive and luxurious district of Seoul.

It was a gorgeous and certainly more than expensive building.

He was a celebrity who’d surely had loads and loads of money he didn’t know how to spend.

“You live here, don’t you,” I then concluded.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

She must be stalking me…!

How else can it be explained that she managed to, first, bump into me and then, the next day, fall onto me while I’m enjoying my day off by taking a nap in the park in front of my apartment?!?

And on top of that, she even has the audacity to ask about my reason for being here!!!!! Why the hell would I tell her?!?

She then looked at the building my apartment was in.

Then back at me.

And at the building again.

What is she doing?

“You live here, don’t you,” she then stated with a tint of satisfaction in her tone; her eyes fixated on mine.

……

!

, , !

How the hell did she figure that out!?!?!?!

Damn all the stupid coincidences in this world!!! Damit!! DAMIT!!!!

Okay, calm down! Let’s just deny it! There’s no way she has proof!

“What makes you think so?” I tried to act indifferently.

She raised an eyebrow. “But your heart beating like crazy tells me otherwise…”

!! Just why did she have to fall on top of me?! And why, by the way, hasn't she gotten up yet?!?!?!

“I’d say it’s because you’re lying…” She continued with a grin. “Unless you want me to believe it’s because you like me…?”

“Hell, NO!!!!” My mouth shouted before my brain had processed it.

A victorious smile spread on her face and I looked away. I’m doomed…

She knew my secret (I saw the recognition in her eyes that day on the university floor.), she knew where I lived and she seemed to have a wicked personality. By tomorrow all of Korea and more would know where I lived!

There was only one way out.

“Okay, fine. You’re right. I live here. So let’s make a deal.“

I could see how her brain started to work; trying to come up with a plan to get the most out of the situation. I told you, wicked personality!

“All right,“ she then replied. “But I get to set the conditions.”

“Fi-----ne,” I reluctantly agreed. I didn’t have much of a choice anyway, did I? “However, it can’t be anything involving me being an idol, alright? So, what’s your condition?”

I could hear her mind rattling again.

I’d pretty much do anything at the moment! Sing you ‘Noona neomu yeppeo’ right here (Why do I assume that she’s older?!), bribe you, or even play the maid! So spill it already!

“Let me move in with you and I won’t spill that you’re Kim Jonghyun!”

“Yeah, sure… Wait, WHAAAT??!!!!”

 

----------------------

Nyahahaha! Now we're all set! Let the game/disaster begin!! Kyaaaaa ;-P

How do you like it?? Please subscribe and comment!! <33 :DDD

PS: Sorry, I had to change the tile a little bit so it matches the line in this chapter again.. -_-