Busted

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul’s POV

Right now I was in the middle of being dragged off to some secluded corner of the university campus. I kept trying to get Hyo Rin to tell me what this was all about but ever since she’d stormed into the lecture hall after the first afternoon lecture had ended and had commanded me to follow her with a face that allowed no excuses, she stubbornly refused to utter even a single word! Finally it seemed we had reached the spot she had had in mind and she turned around to me. She narrowed her eyes at me and I got more and more confused by the second. And then I suddenly got what this was all about.

The promised week was already long over and I still owed her an explanation! Crap! Crap! Crapppp! I still hadn’t gotten permission from that Alien Terrorist to let her in on our little secret…! Just what was I going to tell her now?! Ahhhhhhhhh~! Eottokae…! Someone rescue meeee~! Huhuhuhu…

Hyo Rin watched my panic attack flash across my face and her eyes got even slimmer. Ahhh, I was so dead…! T.T

“You brought the THE Bling Bling Jonghyun whom you apparently despise so much to Café Maman?” Hyo Rin finally broke the tension.

Whut?

I stared at her, stumped. Not the promise…?

And how the heck did she know?!?

“Huh?” I then managed.

“I asked whether you brought THE Bling Bling Jonghyun whom you said you despise so much to Café Maman…?”

“How did you know…?” I blinked.

Hyo Rin’s eyes widened. “So it’s true?! And about you promising to tell him why you hate that certain phrase was the truth also?!?”

“W-w-wait! How do you know all that?!?” Suddenly, a suspicion crossed my mind and I gave Hyo Rin a sharp glance. “You didn’t chase after him using me as an excuse, did you…?”

She looked at me amused. “Me?! Chase after him?!” She laughed. “You gotta be kidding me!” Then she turned serious again. “It was HIM who waited for ME after my lecture had ended this morning and asked me out for lunch!!”

“He WHAT?” Was she saying he hit on her despite my telling him NOT to?!

“Uh-huh! And turns out he only did that because he wanted me to answer him questions concerning YOU… Tsk, you must have saved a country in your previous live, you lucky girl!” She gave me a half serious and half playful nudge that almost threw me off balance because this was NOT what I had expected to hear. Definitively not…!

So… that Terrorist Kiddy went to Hyo Rin to find out about my weakness when I didn’t want to tell him…?! Tche!

“So, care to tell your best friend how he knows that much about you??”

I didn’t want to lie to Hyo Rin this barefaced so I just decided to tell her the truth. Well, part of it... I simply told her about the incident where I'd thrown my temper at those girls who'd mentioned that damned sentence.

And apparently, that Alien Terrorist had already told her that before! So, he went around telling people however he pleased but threatened me about breathing even a single word about him?! Well, us both giving the same explanation at least had the nice effect that Hyo Rin believed it.

“But you know", she chuckled while we walked back to the lecture. "When he approached me back then, wearing these clothes and all! I really thought I was done for!”

I caught my breath. Wait… he went to her as KANG Jonghyun?! So, he finally believed me when I said Hyo Rin would not spill secrets? Hehehe, guess I got him to trust another girl…!

“Hehehe, right?” I grinned. “No one would ever suspect him inside that disguise…! It’s perfect! I gotta hand that to Key!” I turned Hyo Rin. “But now that I think about it, you’re taking this quite calmly actually…?” I gave her a questioning look.

“What do you mean, calmly?”

“Well, no glass-shattering fangirling scream, no hilarious celebration dance, no shaking me senseless due to an overflow of joyous feelings…?” I suggested.

“I’m not that bad…” She pouted. “Besides that stuff is reserved for veeeery fantastic happenings!”

“And THE Bling Bling Jonghyun, as you call him, attending this university does not count as such?”

Hyo Rin dropped the bag she was holding and stopped dead. “HE WHAT????!!!!”

Oh, .

“Err… you didn’t know…?”

“He… attends… our… university…?!!!!” Crap. This sounded like the beginning of a serious case of hyperventilating!

“Breathe, Hyo Rin, breathe!” I tried to calm her. But my inner self was running around in panic again. I mean I had just spilled the secret I had sworn to take to my grave! I should start writing my will asap! Ahhhrgghhh…! Why me?!! Wae!!

--------

The next day I fortunately got spared from Hyo Rin's constant begging to tell me what exactly I meant with Jonghyun was attending our university. She had already spent the whole afternoon after she'd found out on pestering me and trying to trick me into telling her. But I was on the watch now. My grave was already deep enough; it needn't anymore digging! T.T

That's why I was more than grateful that the next day was my day at SMent! I think I've never before checked my schedule for a day this enthusiastically! And there wasn't even much planned either. But then I remembered that these Super Junior guys still needed to get the new software installed on their devices. I'd kind of forgotten that I'd skipped them so I decided to do that right this afternoon when they return for a meeting to the building.

I put a big yellow sticky-note onto the screen to make sure that I won't forget again and then devoted myself to the task Sohee unni had assigned to me a few days ago. There was a problem with one of the recording studios and she'd asked me to take a look at it instead of my always-busy-slash-unavailable uncle. I already had some ideas as to why the recoding wasn't working properly but it would have helped me a lot if there was someone with whom I could perform some tests on it.

Like it heard my wish, my cell phone rang just at that moment indicating that I'd gotten a new message.

From: Onew oppa

Hey Ha Neul? Aren't you at SMent today?

Your lovely oppa

I smiled. 'Your lovely oppa'? That guy sure knows how to be adorable!

I quickly answered:

To: Onew oppa

Hey lovely oppa! :)

Yes, I am at SMent today. Why do you ask?

Your at least as lovely dongseng

His reply came instantly:

From: Onew oppa

Dongseng? People will think you're my little sis! Huh, you are? But I'm standing inside your office and no one's there...? Where are you hiding, huh? ;P

He’s what?! What is he doing inside my uncle’s office?!

To: Onew oppa

What are you doing in my uncle’s office?? O.o I’m trying to fix one of the recording studios at the moment, so of course I’m not there… ^^

From: Onew oppa

Simple: I was looking for you. :D So, which one of the studios is broken this time? ^^

He’s looking for me?

To: Onew oppa

The small one just above the cafeteria… ^^ But why are you looking for me?

From: Onew oppa

Because I’m boooored! :3

I shook my head, amused. Because he’s bored? Just what is that leader doing? s are so dead tired that even their alarm clocks won’t wake them up in the morning and he’s lazing around and feeling bored?!

The door to the studio opened and the bored person stuck his head through. “Aha!” He said cheerfully. “So this is where you’ve been hiding…!”

I gave him a puh-lease look. “I wasn’t hiding…”

“Ha! You can’t fool me!” He exclaimed like he was acting in a movie and theatrically lifted his index finger into the air. “So tell me, what are you doing here that must not be seen by the public?”

I laughed. Gosh, he really was just too adorable!

But then I forced a serious expression on my face to play along. “Well… you won’t tell anyone, right?”

He nodded eagerly; like a little kid waiting to be given a sweet. (Kyaaaaaaaa, his cuteness is gonna be the death of me someday!!)

I motioned for him to come closer while I tried to refrain from laughing. He stealthily looked around – like there was even a single person who was just a touch interested in what we were doing! – and tiptoed over to the chair I was sitting on.

He bent down towards me and I whispered into his ear. “You see, the enemy has hacked into our system and placed a dangerous virus. And several hints point to this studio being the place where its core resides!”

He acted as if he was very shocked and I added some dramatic effects to my voice. “I’m currently trying to find its exact location. But until then no one must know about this!”

He straightened up and solemnly put his left hand on his chest. “I won’t tell a soul!”

We stared at each other for a moment and then both burst out laughing. Gosh, this is why I loved this guy! He never failed to cheer me up!

After we’d calmed down a little he craned his neck to get a look on the screen of my laptop.

“Wow, it looks scary…!” Was all he commented though and I had to laugh again.

“No, seriously! I’m amazed you can find the problem from just looking at… that!” And he pointed at my poor screen while grimacing.

I sighed. “That’s the problem. I can’t…”

“Huh?”

“Well, I probably will find it, if I search through this long enough… But it’d be a lot more efficient if someone used the studio while I observe what happens…”

“Why didn’t you say that earlier?!” He exclaimed. “What do I need to do?”

“Ehh?”

“I’ll use the studio! So you tell me what I need to do and then observe!”

“But it might take—“

“I said I was bored anyway, no? So, what do you want me to do?” He looked at me expectantly.

“Okay… Then, first…“

--------

We managed to solve the problem just in time for lunch break. I packed my stuff and we headed to the cafeteria. Onew got hold of one of the first-choice tables near the window and we hungrily dug in.

Suddenly, I noticed a familiar figure walking through the tables while holding his tray and looking for a seat. I was just about to shout out his name and ask him to join us, when my eyes fell on the woman behind him.

 

----------------------------

I really really need to thank all my lovely commentors who always lift my spirit with their comments!!! <333 BIG HEARTFELT THANK YOU!!! XDD