Car Wash Part I

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

 

Ha Neul’s POV

I ran to our usual meeting spot like my life depended on it. (It somehow became normal that I would drive with him when he would come to university, too. I mean, what’s the use of taking the twice as long route with the bus when he drove to university anyway, right?)

Well, actually, my life DID depend on in! Because I’d surely die, if he really went ahead and waited INSIDE that cursed parking lot like he’d threatened over the phone just now! And only because I was a little late! … Okay, I was late a lot…! But still!

He knew perfectly well how scared I was of his supposedly ‘perfect hiding place’!! And justifiably so, by the way! I mean it was threatening to fall apart any second, for god’s sake!!

And yet he still kept on teasing me with it!! Argghhhh!! I should just take the bus already! Grrrrr

Okay, but anyway. When I still saw him waiting at our spot, I sighed in relieve. Thank God!

“I… am… still… in time… right?” I panted when I arrived by his side completely out of breath.

He looked on me and grinned like a Cheshire cat. “I still can’t believe that a mere parking lot can get you running like this…!”

“Oh, shut up!” I grumbled and fixed my shirt. One sleeve had slid over my shoulder while running. (A/N: I’m imagining something like this:

But not with the skirt of course; Ha Neul doesn’t go to university that overdressed… ^^)

“Let’s go.” I added and stalked away.

Thankfully, he kept his promise and let me wait outside the parking lot while he went to get the car.

On our way back home I used the opportunity of him concentrating on the road to let my thoughts wander. Remembering my talk with Hyo Rin earlier I suddenly noticed that I actually hadn’t thought about it at all from the moment I received Jonghyun’s call… And thinking about it, it had been like that this morning too… What a strange phenomenon… Whenever I am with him I seem to forget all my problems and worries…? I forgot about Hae… And also about the thing with Jonghyun’s mother…

What is this?

Am I turning senile already? At the fair age of 21?? Haha, ridiculous!

But really, what is happening to me?

“I know I’m handsome,” Jonghyun suddenly interrupted my thoughts. “But you staring at me like that still feels a little uncomfortable…”

Omg, I had been staring?! I quickly turned around and looked out the window, feeling the blood rush to my head. Aish, the embarrassment! “I wasn’t staring!” I mumbled weakly. My hopeless attempt to save my dignity.

“No, of course not,” he snickered. “You were just analysing the stains on the window behind me this intently, right?”

“Of-of course! I-it’s so dirty I’m amazed you can actually drive like this! You should really clean it soon or… or we might get into an accident!” Just what nonsense are you sprouting, Ha Neul? Get into an accident? Because of the window? Haha, it’s so clean that one could use it as an operation table…!

“Get into an accident? Hmmm… I guess you’re right…”

Whut?

“It’s really too dangerous… So, let’s go clean it now!” And he turned the car at the next crossroad. What the…?!

Five minutes later, he had parked the car into one of the stands of the cleaning station. I looked at him with wide eyes. For real, now?

“So, here we are! Well, then! Let’s clean off all the dirt you were analysing just now, shall we?”

I just gaped at him. But then I noticed that all too familiar glint in his eyes and I knew I was screwed. Darn! What was he scheming now?

“Okay?” I thus said tentatively and swallowed. “Then, what do we start with?”

Well, since his car is already sparkling clean to begin with, we’re going to finish in no time anyway, right?

“Hmm, how about you start by getting that hose over there and sprinkle the whole car?” He suggested and tilted his head towards the mentioned object.

Still not realising his intention, I nodded and opened the door to get out. But then, I stopped and turned around again. And seeing him leaning back into the seat and crossing his arms behind his head lazily, I frowned. “Aren’t you getting out too?”

But instead of answering he just gave me this are-you-an-idiot? look.

“What!” Did he expect me to clean his car by myself, or something?!

He rolled his eyes and sighed. “Really Ghosty. Do you think I can just step out of my car and start washing it? Here, where there are this many people? What if I get recognised?”

Ohhhh, so that’s where this is going! Well, not with me!

“You know, now that I’ve taken a closer look, I don’t think this car is that dirty anymore. So let’s just go home?” I smiled sweetly. You want me to clean your car?! Over my dead body!

I closed the door and fastened my security belt again, expecting him to drive off. But I guess I should have known better. “Oh? Really?” He asked in a voice just as sweet. “Then earlier, what were you staring at so intently?”

Darn.

“It wouldn’t have been my handsome face, would it?”

You have NO idea how much I want to wipe that smug smirk off his face right now!! This…! This JERK!!!

“Sooo~? Are you going to clean the dirt off my window now or…?”

ARRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

“Arasso! I’m cleaning…” Stupid pride!! And stupid Alien Terrorist!! Yes, a frickin’ terrorist! That’s what he is!!!! Grrrrrrr!

Left with no other choice (and before I rip that useless head off his body!), I got out and stomped to the hose. I grabbed the damned thing and the water to its max. Then I aimed it right at the front window. The water sprayed in all directions since I was holding the hose close to the car and the water jet was quiet strong.

I got the water all over me but it was one of those warm autumn days, so who cares! Besides, it was a great way to get rid of all the irritation! As the windows of his car are tinted I could not see inside. I had a strong suspicion though that he was having his fair share of amusement at my expense. But I didn’t care anymore. I got to abuse his car! Muahahahahahaha

I then spotted a brush on the shelf next to where the hose had been. Ohh, this would work even better!

I took the hose into the other hand and was just about to lower the brush onto the bonnet of the car, when suddenly a certain Terrorist put his head through the window and yelled at me. “Oy! What do you think you’re doing?! Do want to pay for a new paint?!! Put the damn thing away!!”

Oh-ho! So this gets him out of the car? Kekekeke… I can feel an idea coming to meee~

I switched the water hose back to my strong hand and the brush into the weaker. Then I pointedly looked at the brush and shrugged, showing someone unmistakably that I didn’t care about his words. Next I lowered the brush onto the car again. And as expected, he, again, lowered the window and put his head through to yell at me.

But that was just what I’d been waiting for. Before he could even open his mouth I raised the hose and pointed it straight at him! (I’d turned down the strength of the water jet before, of course.)

His face was priceless! PRICE-LESS, I tell you! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I laughed like a maniac. People were probably staring at me worriedly but… who cares? I mean his face! Hahahahaha! His FACE!!! I’m going to remember it for the rest of my life!! Ahhhh, so good! So good! Hahahahahahaha

And he was so shocked he was speechless! Hahahahaha Bling Bling Jonghyun is speechless!!! I should pat my own shoulder for achieving that! Kekekekekekekekeke!

“GHOSTYYYYY!!!!!”

Okay, speechlessness has been overcome… Hmm, maybe…?

I aimed the hose a second time…

SPLASHHH!

“Hehehehehehehe!”

“YOUUUU!!!” This time it didn’t even take him a millisecond. Tche…!

But… it was still hilarious! “Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!”

“Oy! Will you stop it already!! You’re ruining the whole interior design!!!!”

Oh.

I lowered the hose and peeked through the window. The water was pearling on the leather seats and the car dashboard.

“Oops…” I glanced at him. “But… Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!”

“You’re still finding this funny?!”

“Hehehehehehehehehe!” I raised the hose a little.

“Ghosty!” He warned but I choose to ignore it and showered him with the hose a third time.

But I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t hold the hose steady anymore and the water just went about everywhere. I heard Jonghyun hissing a string of curses while jumping out of the car. Ehhh? Didn’t he say he couldn’t leave the car?

“Give me that damned hose!” He said dangerously while walking towards me.

I backed away. Give you the hose? Do you think I’m stupid?! That’s my only weapon!! “Like hell, I’m going to give it to you!!” I yelled and pointed the hose straight at him, successfully stopping him from advancing further towards me.

“You…! YOUUUU!!” But he could only glare at me. Nyahahahahahahaha!

He then turned around and walked away and I stared dancing an embarrassing victory dance. But I’d celebrated too early. As I realised when he came back, he had just gone to get a second hose…

Seeing the smirk on his lips, my eyes widened and I shook my head fervently. “Nononononono-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I screamed when I felt the ice-cold water splash over me.

Next thing I knew we were running around his car, totally engaged in a full-blown water fight. There was water everywhere and we were laughing our heads off.

But at some point I could no more. I felt like I’d run a marathon. I leaned my back on the car and raised my hand in defeat. “No more…!” I panted. “I can’t…! I give up!”

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Jonghyun walking around the car. He threw his bangs back which sent the in the sun glittering water droplets of his hair flying through the air. Damn, why did he get to look like he was filming a commercial while I resembled a drowned cat?!

He was now standing right in front of me and, well, shining brighter than the sun… Gosh, can you hear yourself?! ‘Shingling brighter than the sun’?! Since when can humans emanate light?!

“So, you’re giving up, you say?” He grinned and put his free hand on the car next to my shoulder. Damn heart, stop trying to get out of my ribcage!!

I lowered my eyes, attempting to avoid eye contact. But that only drew my attention to his upper torso. Gulp. His drenched shirt was sticking to his body like a second skin exposing his every muscle! Was it normal that to have the sudden desire to touch this chest?? (A/N: Yes, quite so! Sigh…) And then those water droplets running down his neck combined with that illegal scent of his! It sent my mind spinning. I guess this must be how his fangirls feel just before they faint…? Well, it’s not too bad of a feeling, actually…

Fangirl…? Not too bad of a feeling…? What the…! Oy! Snap out of it, Hwang Ha Neul!! Are you letting yourself get caught this easily?!!

I closed my eyes and bit my lip to get back to my senses. When I believed my heartbeat back to a normal pace I determinedly put my hands on his chest and… Gosh, so firm!! Huh? And what’s this thumping? It couldn’t be his heartbeat…?

Nonono! Wrong thoughts!

I gathered my strength and pushed and at the same time opened my eyes again. He stumbled back a few steps and I quickly escaped to the side.

“Um… I’ll put away the hoses…” I muttered and turned away, suddenly feeling embarrassed for some bizarre reason.

What was that just now? When I opened my eyes it felt as if his face had been a lot closer than you would expect…? And his expression… Was it just my imagination or had that been a caught look on his face…?

I changed a glance over my shoulder but he had his back turned towards me and I couldn’t see his expression. I shook my head deciding to just forget about it and put the hoses back to their place.

Walking back to the car, I suddenly felt as if I was being stared at. Weird…

But then I realised. They must have recognised Jonghyun! Crap!

I quickly ran to him and grabbed his arm. He turned around, startled.

“Oy, get back into the car!” I whispered urgently. “People are staring; I think they’ve recognised you!”

But instead of complying, that idiot just looked around some more! “Oy! What are you doing?! Didn’t you hear me?! Go back into the car! I’ll finish cleaning up!” I tried shoving him towards the driver’s seat.

He frowned and looked down on me. And suddenly, his eyes widened and he cursed. “! YOU get into the car!” He hissed and before I knew it he’d opened the door, pushed me into the car, and slammed the door shut. What the…?!

I opened the car door and wanted to step out again. But I hadn’t even placed one foot outside when he appeared and blocked my way. “Didn’t you hear me?!” He snapped. “I don’t have a jacket with me and my shirt is just as wet. So just stay in the car, okay?!”

What does he mean, just as wet? I looked at him confused. He sighed and turned his head to the side. “You’re wearing white… get it already…!” He muttered.

Wearing white…? I looked down.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaa!” I hurriedly crossed my arms in front of my chest. And probably blushed furiously. It was completely transparent!!!

“Pabo…”

 

----------------------------

Ahh, this is more like it...! ^^

Hope you guys liked it as much as I...! XDDD Water fight with Jjong!! Kyaaaaaaaa~! *Squealllll*