His Girlfriend?

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Jonghyun's POV

I woke up from the sound of my alarm clock that the smart me from yesterday had wisely activated and that the me from today wished I hadn't. Who was so stupid to set an alarm clock at six in the morning after he'd partied the night away?!!

Apparently, poor people like me who had lectures to attend... =.= Urrgghh! My head wasn't going to survive today! It felt like it would explode at the slightest noise!

I cursed and tried to turn over. But I couldn't. Something heavy was lying on my chest and legs rendering me completely immobile!

I looked down and nearly had a heart attack!

Through my bangs I saw Ghost-- wait... I didn't have such long bangs that they would even reach down to my nose!

 

...

 

Wait... Don't tell me these are...?! No-no-no-no-no-NOOOOO!!!!

I immediately started to swipe them off my face! Ghhaadd, they were even in my mouth!!! Urrghhh, this is just...!!

When I had finally plugged off all the hair I focused on the next problem: The girl sleeping on my chest! How did we even end up in a position like that?! And who put a friggin' blanket over us?! I thought while tugging annoyed at it because it too was keeping me from getting up.

I sighed and unclasped Ghosty's hand from my shirt. Then I grabbed her shoulders and slowly turned her over. God forbid she woke up right now or things would get seriously awkward! T.T

I was just about to let go of her when I froze. This position felt too familiar...

And then the events from yesterday night came rushing back to me like a movie that's being played too fast. The wrecked kitchen, the idiotic 'oppa' issue, Ghosty getting herself drunk, and then, the clearest of them all, that damn *cough* kiss *cough* that was the reason I even had this flashback!

I firmly closed my eyes and pushed myself up taking deep breaths while banning those memories into a dark corner of my mind.

I put the blanket back over her and walked into my closet. After I had changed into my nerd cloth (*shudder* I would never get accustomed to them!) I headed to the kitchen. I pulled out all the things I needed for my breakfast and sat down at the kitchen table. That's when I noticed the sticky note on it.

Good morning, you tyrant!

Just so you know, we decided yesterday night that SHINee can do without a lead singer, so yeah!

Seriously man, you owe us for the rest of your sorry life!!!

And can you wake up Ha Neul? I think she has lectures today too but probably didn't get to set her alarm clock anymore...

And don't you DARE ditch practise this afternoon! We're going to butcher you either way!!

...

Oh ! Just what did I make them do this time??? Aish! And why don't I ever remember it! Aishhh!

*sigh* Why couldn't I have some normal drinking habit?? Like kissing any person I lay eyes on or singing horrible songs in a booming voice?

Aishtt! I shouldn't have downed that glass! If that Ghosty hadn't kissed me I'd have never needed to cleanse my mouth with alcohol!! Man, Jonghyun, just what were you thinking when you agreed to letting her stay in your apartment?!? She's nothing but trouble! Or rather the other way round; it’s like there exists Ghosty’s law stating that whatever trouble is available in a radius of ten kilometres one must find it!

Ha, there's no way I'm gonna wake her up! *snort*

But I didn't have to anyway. "Mo’nin'," the said person mumbled as she entered the kitchen with her eyes barely open and a pained expression on her face. Guess her head wasn't going easy on her either. Well, served her right! *smug smirk* She was still wearing the same cloth as yesterday night, skinny jeans and a tank-top, and her hair was a mess. She had a hangover alright; even a blind person could see that! Heh!

I observed her as she assembled her breakfast nearly dropping the milk bottle in the process! She then slumped onto the chair opposite to me and stared at her bowl listlessly.

"Not hungry?" I smirked.

She shot me an annoyed glared and took a bite. Only to frown at it in displeasure. My smirk grew even wider.

"What is it?" I questioned innocently.

"It tastes horrible!" She grumbled and shoved the food away.

"Well, you killed off all your taste buds yesterday night, so what do you expect?" I mocked.

"Not to smell anything at all?" Came the instant reply.

...

Okay, still the same old nit-picker despite her current condition.

She sighed audibly, grabbed her bowl again, and continued eating with disgust written all over her face.

“Oy, why are you still eating when you’re obviously this disgusted?” I asked bewildered. Did she like torturing herself? Come to think of it, last night, she also kept drinking even though it was evident that it didn’t do her any good…

"'Cause, if I don’t eat breakfast you will have to collect me from the floor at around ten o’clock…” She mumbled darkly.

I blinked. “You mean… you faint?”

She paused with her filled spoon just about to enter and glared at me. “Could you please not make it sound like you’re talking about some doll who faints because she’s been in the sun for more than two minutes?!” She hissed. “I just get low blood pressure, okay?"

 

Ha Neul's POV

Gosh, my head! If it wasn't such a vital part of my body, I'd have detached it right then and there!! It frickin' huuuurtttt!!!

And that Terrorist Kiddy was so not helping it either! His smug voice was like a needle piercing through my already throbbing head!

'Not hungry?' he asked!

Of course I was hungry! I felt like I could eat a whole pig! It was just that the stuff in my bowl didn't look very appetising...!

I glanced at his plate. Even more so compared to his breakfast... T.T But there's no way I'd ever say that out loud! Hmpf!

So I bravely dug in. Urrrks! It tasted as awful as I had suspected!

"What is it?" He just had to ask that, right?!

"It tastes horrible!" I admitted. Yeah, yeah, just you gloat at my misery!

"Well, you killed off all your taste buds yesterday night, so what do you expect?"

Will you go die already?!

"Not to smell anything at all?" I retorted.

But then I sighed and continued eating. Had no choice, anyway...

"Oy, why are you still eating when you’re obviously this disgusted?" He asked. I guess my displeasure was written all over my face...

"'Cause, if I don’t eat breakfast you will have to collect me from the floor at around ten o’clock…" I mumbled darkly. I'm not lying!

"You mean… you faint?" He sounded as if it was the most hilarious thing ever.

I don't faint!!! I just... just... loose consciousness!!

"Could you please not make it sound like you’re talking about some doll who faints because she’s been in the sun for more than two minutes?!” I defended. “I just get low blood pressure, okay?"

And then he confirmed that he was the most idiotic, insensible, and inconsiderate bastard on this planet!

"BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!"

I mean, what guy challenges a girl to down a possibly infinite number of glasses?!

He does.

What guy mocks the same girl because of her hangover the next morning at HALF PAST SIX??!!!

He does!

And what guy laughs at that girl, on the same morning at that!, for getting something as normal as low blood pressure???!!!!!

HE. FREAKIN'. DOES!!!!

Ha Neul, out of the 10 million people living in Seoul, you had to choose him to live with??!!! Seriously, that Terrorist Kiddy doesn't know just how lucky he is that I prefer to eat with chopsticks that are NOT blood-soiled!! Grrrrrrrr!!

Instead, my food got to take my anger. Which, of course he had to comment too... *rolls eyes*

"Stop stabbing your poor breakfast!" He chided sarcastically. "What has it ever done to you?"

I decided that it was time for a change in our conversation topic. Else I might have to answer to the court for the murder of a certain idol!

Although the next topic is probably going to get me killed... T.T

"Um, Kim Jonghyun-ssi~~?"

"No."

"Are you going to university by car?"

"What tells you I'm going to university today?"

"Your get-up?" I could see him mentally slap himself. Seriously, he looked simply hilarious! Kekekekeke!

"So? Are you?" I asked again.

"Do you think I'd go by bus?!?"

Guess not... Well, then...

"Would you then mind giving me a ride?"

Okay, I too know that I'm being too much, okay? It's just that going by bus takes one and a half hour! While by car you're there in twenty minutes! (Motorway ^^)

"And while I'm at it, stop by at the coffee place so you can buy one, eh?" His eyebrows were skyrocketing.

"Oh, you would? That'd be really nice of y--"

"GHOSTY!!!!"

Ahaha, that was a rather clear answer, huh...

But it didn't stop me from following his every step with my hands clasped together and a pleading look on my face. When he got up to put his dishes away, I followed. When he went to get his (hilarious! Kyahahahah!) backpack, I followed. And when he went down town to the garage, I followed. Like a dog, yuck! What the heck am I doing? Just take the bus already, will you!

But somehow this was really fun... Heh, the me who'd usually only enjoyed things like solving math problems and such was having fun annoying this jerk.

Thus, right then we were having another glaring contest. Through the front window of his car, that is. You see, I had placed myself onto the front of his car to stop him from driving away.

And I won! I actually WON!!! Heh!

"Fine, fine!" He resigned and rolled his eyes. "Get in!"

"Give me the car key first!" I demanded and held out my hand.

"Bwoh?!"

"Who knows, you might drive away as soon as I get off the car!"

"YAH!!" He yelled but handed me the key. Heh, thought you could trick me, eh? Nu-uh!

I sat onto the passenger's seat and waited for him to drive off. But he just stared at me with raised eyebrows.

"What?!"

"The key."

Oh, right...

"Ahahaha... here..." I inwardly cursed my idiocy. And you're holding the top position in the computer science program, Ha Neul?

 

---

A few streets before the campus I suggested him to let me get off. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to be seen getting off the same car as him. He was an infamous nerd after all. ^^

But he shook his head. "It's fine. I'm parking my car at a rundown and deserted parking lot outside the campus. You can just take another route than me from there."

"Okay... But why do you go there? The parking lot of our university is much nearer...?" I wondered. It wasn't like he had to save money either...

He shot me a look. "What do you think would happen if the most repulsive nerd of the university, as you call it *glares at me*, suddenly arrived in a Lexus with tinted windows, huh? For a certain reason I try to avoid any kind of attention, you see."

Oh, I hadn't considered that. "That makes sense, I guess."

We both didn't know what more to say so I looked out the window. We had just passed an ad for some new drama when his phone rang and I turned to look at him.

"Yoboseyo?"

He had put that thingy on his hear so I couldn't hear what the caller said. But it seemed to be someone he liked for his expression softened. "Noona! How are you?"

A girl? ...well, Hyo Rin had said he was a playboy...

But then, his smile suddenly vanished. And instead a dozen emotions flashed through his eyes. Guilt, anger, hate, sadness, pain, hate, loneliness, resignation, hurt all ran over his face in a matter of seconds. I was startled; I had never expected for him to be capable of such complicated emotions.

Then again, what did I know about him? All I knew was the image Hyo Rin's fangirling had created in my mind. An image fabricated by YouTube clips, snapshots, and online conversations. Who was I to judge him based on something this shallow? I felt bad; I had pestered him to let me move in with him thinking that with him being a such a jerk and a playboy and all no one would really care. But maybe he wasn't a playboy at all? Maybe that was his long-time girlfriend calling and she just broke up with him because she'd somehow found out and misunderstood?

"No, it's alright. I'll be right there," he cut off my thoughts. He ended the call and turned to me. "Ghosty, something came up so... Why are you looking at me like that?" He interrupted himself.

"Err... I..." I was lost for words. What did you say in this kind of situation? 'Um, I'm sorry I caused your girlfriend to break up with you?' Hardly.

"Well anyway, as I said something came up so I'll just drop you off in front of the campus, arasso?"

I simply nodded and he turned the car. I kept glancing at him worriedly but he didn't notice anymore. It was obvious that his mind was elsewhere. In a way he looked really desperate. He concealed it well though. If not for his hands that gripped the wheel so hard his knuckles were turning white, I wouldn’t have noticed. Wow, he must really like that girl... Guess she'll someday be the lucky owner of the ring in his bedside table...

He stopped in front of the main gate and I turned to open the door. But then, I paused. That uncomfortable feeling in my guts I interpreted as guilt was too unsettling to ignore. I took a deep breath and looked over my shoulder. "Um, that call... Did it have something to do with me living in your apartment?"

He gave me a puzzled look. "Err, no?" No?

"But--"

"It has absolutely nothing to do with you, so just forget that call ever happened!" He harshly cut me off; almost yelling.

"Arasso..." I didn't believe him though. "I'll go now."

I got out and watched as he drove off. When his car disappeared from my sight I turned around and slowly walked to my lecture hall.  I was so in thoughts about what had just happened, I didn't realise all the people who were pointing and whispering to each other about this rather interesting incident they had just witnessed.

 

Narrator's POV

It wasn't every day that a rather formidable car, a Lexus of the newest limited series as the boys informed the girls with awed voices, would stop in front of the university's main gate. And even more important, the girl who had been dropped off seemed to be a student of this university!

Had it, by chance, been her boyfriend? The car's windows had been tainted but the way she had looked after the car until it had turned at the corner said everything, right? Then who was that boyfriend that he could afford such a car? An heir to a big company? Or someone famous? An actor maybe? Or, please no!, an idol? Which? Which one??! From Suju? SHINee? B2ST? "Noooooo! Please! Don't let it be Onew oppa!!!" A girl cried out. She fell to the ground and loudly sobbed into her hands while her friends swarmed around her to comfort her.

Another group of witnesses, or was it already a group of second-hand witnesses? (Second-hand witnesses = people who heard a story form people who saw it themselves ^^) were discussing a less scandalous possibility. Maybe that girl was rich herself? Maybe she was the only child of a wealthy family and had just been driven by her driver? Or a disguised celebrity? Was she pretty then? That group consisted of mostly guys.

And who was she anyway?? The rumours had circled the campus twice until they finally reached the ear of someone who recognised the by now quite differing descriptions of the girl. "Omo, do you mean Hwang Ha Neul? The top student of the computer science program?" A guy exclaimed to his friend.

Thus, when Ha Neul and her colleagues entered their lecture hall they found it already filled with all the gossip-hungry students who'd decided to skip their own lectures to have a look at the girl who was possibly the fiancé of England's crown prince.

 

----------------------------

Whaaaaa, I know I'm said I'd at least update my stories once every week!! I'm so sorrry for forsaking my dear!! readers and re-watching You're Beautiful all Sunday!! >< Chongmal mianhae!!! That drama is just too good!! hu-hu

But still, please don't forget to comment/subscribe! <3