Sleep-Over (or The Night of Disasters)

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul’s POV

“Noona! Then, if you have time tonight, would you like to come with us to Jonghyun’s apartment and hang out?” Taemin looked at me expectantly.

My eyes widened and my head snapped in Jonghyun’s direction, who was busy chocking on his rice.

You invited them over to your apartment?!! What were you thinking?!? What was all the fuss this morning about me spending as less time as possible with them, then, huh?! Why don’t you just announce it to them, then!?

Well, now I have at least a legitimate reason to be there tonight!

But a look into his eyes made it clear that he wanted me to turn the maknae’s invitation down.

And then? Where do you expect me to go tonight, huh??! Sleep on the bench?! Go clubbing all night?! No. Friggin’. Way! If I could sleep in a warm and comfy bed instead?? Ha! You wish!

Smiling, I faced Taemin again. “Sure. I’d love to!”

YE-OUCH!!!!

Oww! That damn a*shole kicked my shin!!! And at the exact same spot where I’d collided with a printer in uncle’s office this morning!! I bit my lip to contain the pain and stop my mouth from calling my vis-à-vis names.

“What’s wrong?” Key asked worriedly. “Gwenchana?"

“I’m fine, thanks. I just hit my shin at the table-leg,” I lied.

“It’s just that, at the exact same spot, I already have a bruise...” I added and glared at the ‘table-leg’ when stressing the word ‘already’.

He looked at me pitifully as if saying he felt sorry for me to be stupid enough to hit my shin at a 'table-leg'! I tell you, if he wasn't the one paying for the electricity bills of the apartment I was freeloading at, then I would have made sure that the Kim line ended with his generation!

“You sure, you’re alright, noona?” Taemin asked again.

“Neh!” I smiled and nodded. Then, glancing at my watch, I said: “But I think I have to go now... So, see you tonight!”

I stood up and put the tray away. Before I exited the cafeteria I turned back and waved goodbye. Except the kid they all waved back.

 

Later ---

I was in uncle’s office checking through the list of SM idols and employees for whom I’d already installed the app on their device. Uncle Soo Jong was out fixing something and I had the whole office to myself.

Suddenly, someone knocked at the door. Expecting it to be someone looking for my uncle I opened the door.

But to my utter surprise it was none other than my lovely (*shudder*) roommate!

“What do you want? Did you come to apologise for my throbbing shin?” I grumbled.

“Is Kwon Soo Jong-ssi here?” He ignored my question. So he really is here for my uncle?

“Nope. I’m sorry, he’s out.”

“Perfect!” He said, pushed me back, stepped through the door, and closed the door behind him. Whut?!?

“OY, what are you doing?!?”

But instead of answering me he just walked around the office.

“Wow, this is some chaos in here…!” He finally said. “I guess messiness runs in the family?” He smirked.

Jerk!

“Are you here to insult my family?” I hissed.

“No,” he smiled. “Actually, I’m here because—”

His expression turned from smiley-smiley to fuming in an instant. And in place of finishing his sentence he strode over to me.

I swallowed and backed away scared. Until my back hit the door.

He loomed over me his hands at either side of my head and I felt like a prey trapped by its predator.

“Hwang Ha Neul,” he snarled. “What were you DOING?!? What part of ‘as less time as possible’ did you not understand?!? What moronic malfunction of your sick brain made you agree to eating lunch with us?!!!” I swear I saw smoke coming out of his nose!

I swallowed hard. “Didn’t you hear what Minho said?” I defended myself. “I didn’t have much of a choice! Or can you resist Taemin’s aegyo?!”

“Taemin used his aegyo on you?” He asked somewhat pacified.

I nodded. “Uh-huh…”

“But he did not use it when he asked you to come over tonight!”

“And why would I decline that? He gave me a legitimate reason to be at your apartment tonight!”

“Do you know how risky this is?!? What if you give yourself away?!?”

“I won’t! And even if I did, what’s so bad about that?!?”

“I… I… Aishtt, forget it!” He resigned. “Anyway. I was sent to tell you that you should meet us after the interview so you could drive with us as you don’t know the directions.” He snorted. “But since someone needs to erase all traces of you living with me you just go alone and wait in front of the building once you’ve finished cleaning! I’ll tell them that you didn’t want to wait until we’ve finished our interview and that I just told you the directions. Arraji?”

“Sure. Oh! But if you gave me your key I could go in and cook something…?” I suggested. There was no way I was going to wait outside until they came!! (And if I just used my key and pretended that Jonghyun had given me his, then he'd surely do something to give us away! =.=)

“Fine,” he reluctantly agreed and handed me his key. “And let’s exchange phone numbers. In case something happens.”

“Okay.” I handed him my phone.

After I got it back I wanted to check what he’d typed in but couldn’t find his contact.

“O~~kay, under what name did you save you’re number?” I asked suspiciously.

“Hehe,” he grinned. “'Super awesome Bling Bling Jonghyun'. Why do you ask?”

Yes, why did I even ask?

Checking under ‘S’ I really found his entry.

“You know,” I told him. “If anyone were to accidentally read my contacts and found this, you’d be in deeeeep trouble. So I’ll have to change this. Soooo sorry…”

Faking compassion I changed his name. He eyed me attentively.

“It better not be anything with the word ‘kid’ in it!” He warned me.

“Hmm, I was gonna change it to ‘Kid Terrorist’ or ‘Terrorist Kiddy’. But I’ll guess it is ‘Dwarf Terrorist’ then?” I smiled pretending to be seriously considering his opinion.

“Dw- dwarf terrorist?!?” He chocked.

“Not happy with that?”

“Hell NO!!!”

“Okay. Then ‘Terrorist Kiddy’ it is!” I cheered, closed my cell phone and stuffed it back into my pocket.

“Ghostyyyyyyy!”

“See, I’m probably ‘Ghosty’ in your contacts too!! How do you think that makes me feel?!”

He mumbled something incoherent and glared at me. “I’m leaving!”

And with that he was out the door.

After staring at the door blankly for a few seconds I shook my head and returned to my desk.

I scrolled down my list again looking for the next person to install the app for. Some people came voluntarily to ask me to install the app on their personal device, mostly the employees. But what concerned the idols; I usually had to run after them and somehow convince them that they wanted to give their precious devices to me for an hour. :[

And it looks like my next victim was going to be a group called Super Junior.

I checked their schedule and found out that they were practically out for the whole week except tomorrow afternoon when they had scheduled a meeting here.

This was a little inconvenient though. I had lectures tomorrow... I contemplated about it for a second and figured that if I left a little early, I would probably be able to make it. That lecture wasn't much of a bummer anyway. -_-

Besides, this meant that I could leave early today and had enough time to clean Terrorist Kiddy's apartment! WHOOOT! Fate seemed to finally be on my side for once!

 

--------

So after I'd finished some other work, I packed my things and headed for the bus station. I'd smartly looked up the connection beforehand so I even knew where I had to get off to buy groceries. There was enough food in the fridge to feed an army but I could already see him throwing a fit because I had used his food... Even if I was using them to cook for him and his friends!

When I arrived at the apartment it was only four o'clock. Terrorist Kiddy had said they wouldn't be here until eight in the evening, so I decided that I had still time to take a short nap.

 

---------

I woke up because my cell phone was ringing on the table besides the couch I had been sleeping on.

I reached over and fumbled for my phone; effectively shoving it over the table edge in the process. AISHTT!! Stupid phone! AND STOP RINGING!!

I rolled over onto my stomach and reached for it again; this time successfully. I pressed the accept button and put it to my ear, too lazy to look at the caller ID.

"'Omoseyo?" I mumbled still half asleep.

"Ghosty?" I could hear him furrow his eyebrows. OMO, why is he calling?

"Why do you sound so sleepy?" He inquired.

"Uhh, because I've been sleeping? Duh." I heard a sharp intake of breath.

"You... YOU'VE BEEN SLEEPING TILL NOW??!!!"

I held the phone away from my ears to protect them from getting burned by the fire he's spitting.

"Gosh, calm down! I still have lots of time!"

"Lots of time?!" He screeched. "LOTS OF TIME??!!! It's half past seven, you dimwit! We'll be there in half an hour!"

Oh crap. CRAP-CRAP-CRAP!!!!

Suddenly very much awake, I jumped off the couch and ran into the kitchen. I hastily started pulling out pans and ingredients and knives and whatnot and spread them out on the kitchen counter. I dug the crumbled recipe I'd printed this afternoon out of my pocket and tried to decipher what I had to do first.

Why couldn't I just have folded it neatly?! Then I wouldn't have to speculate now whether I had to use 3 or 8 eggs!

Then I suddenly remembered that that Terrorist Kiddy was probably still on the line! OMO!

I cautiously put my cell back to my ear.

“Are you still there?” I asked tentatively. I readied myself to pull the phone from my ear any second.

“IN’ YES, YOU SMARTASS!!!” He yelled into my poor ears. Ghhhad, he trains his vocals WAY too much!

I put the phone on the counter and started cutting the vegetables. I hadn’t the speaker but I could still hear him loud and clear. Seriously, people who have an affinity for yelling just shouldn’t become singers! There will be too much casualties!

“YAH!! HAVE YOU CLEANED AWAY ALL TRACES OF YOUR STUPID SELF???!!!” He shrieked.

Oh boy. I’d completely forgotten!

I started dashing around the apartment snatching everything that could even be remotely associated with myself and threw it on my bed. I think half of the things piling upon the sheets belonged to Terrorist Kiddy but I didn’t have the time to care.

When I was done, I ran back into the kitchen and grabbed my phone.

“Yes, sir! *pant, pant* I have! *pant, pant, pant*” I reported.

“You’d better not missed anything!” He threatened. “Or it’ll be your head! Now go to my bedroom and get my copy of our contract out of the top drawer of my bedside table! And don’t you dare burn it or something! Just put it somewhere safe! S-A-F-E, hear me??!!!”

“Yes, sir!” I saluted and walked over to his bedroom. I hesitated for a second before opening the door. After all, I’d never been in there before. But he had clearly ordered it, so what else could I do? Although I seriously couldn’t think of a hideout more safe than his bedside table! Why would I need to get it out of there anyway?

But according to the first rule on our contract I had to follow his every word. So what choice did I have? *sigh*

I grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open.

Surprisingly, his bedroom was quite tidy. No dirty underwear lying around, no pictures of almost women hanging on the walls, just an oversized poster of himself above the large bed. (Talk about self-confidence!) And even the furniture was something I would have picked too.

I walked over to his bedside table, opened the said drawer and took out the contract. It had been neatly placed beside the other contents of the drawer.

For instance, there was a small booklet that looked like a diary. Omo, was the he writing a diary? That’d be soooo cute!!!

My fingers were itching to take it out and sneak a peek. But, you see, I’m a good person and know how to respect someone’s privacy! So I didn’t touch it and, instead, shifted my attention to something else.

Such as to the glass shard lying next to it. Why was he keeping a glass shard in the top drawer of his bedside table? For self-protection? Pfffft!! He wouldn’t even be able to fend off a fly with that!

The next object that caught my attention was a little box at the far back of the drawer that had nearly escaped my eyes. Without thinking I took it out. Scrutinising it from all angles it really seemed to be what it looked like: A black little velvet jewellery box. And judging by its size it could’ve only been meant for a ring!

Was he thinking of proposing to someone? Or maybe, by any chance, was he already engaged to someone but couldn’t wear the ring due to his idol status??

OMG! Either way, I’m holding the object that has the power to turn the South Korean female populace into a puddle of tears in my hands!!

That is… unless it is empty?

Shall I just take a quick peek? Just a teeny-weeny little one?

...

No, I just claimed to be a good person so I shall put it back and pretend I’ve never seen it!

I put it back and was about to close the drawer when I yet caught another glimpse of it.

Aisht, screw the damn privacy! I pulled the drawer out again, grabbed the little box and clipped the lid open.

And—

Oh. My. God.

Imbedded into a tiny black velvet cushion and shimmering like a star, there rested the most beautiful ring I had ever laid eyes on! Made of gold and with white stones embedded in it, the ring had an old-fashioned air about it. But instead of making it look old it created the elegant feeling of it being one of a kind.

And no doubt, it was a woman’s ring; an engagement ring to be precise.

I just stood there and gaped at it. All of a sudden, I felt like getting engaged.

I only snapped out of my daze when I heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen nearly making me drop the box from the fright.

I quickly put the box back into drawer, slammed the drawer back into the bedside table, grabbed the contract, and ran out of his bedroom.

When I entered the kitchen I was greeted by a battlefield. Apparently, in my absence, my witty cat had used the chance to secure her share of the dinner. And in the process, she had pushed a plate off the counter causing the crashing sound.

“Shil Hye!” I groaned and started cleaning the spilt ingredients.

Only to stop in my tracks a split second later.

Oh for all that’s holy, Shil Hye! How on earth am I going to hide Shil Hye??????

I frantically fiddled for my cell phone and dialled Terrorist Kiddy’s number.

“Yoboseyo?” He said warily. I guess he’d seen my caller ID.

“Ottoke???” I panicked. “What are we gonna do with Shil Hye?”

“Oh, hello Ha Neul-ssi,” he said in a shudderingly sweet voice. Huh?

“Yes, we’ll be there in about fifteen minutes! See you!” He continued merrily after a short pause. Did he already have some drinks or what?!

"YAH, I asked you a question, you--"

*beep, beep, beep, beep*

...

Did he just hang up on me? Did he friggin' just HANG UP ON ME??!!! That goddamn, good-for-nothing motherf—

My cussing-triad got interrupted when I heard my phone announcing that I got a message.

It was from the goddamn, good-for-nothing motherf—:

What do I care where you hide her? Just DO IT! Throw her in the garden or something!

Heartless bastard!!

Furiously, I typed back:

For the whole night?! Are you kidding me?!! Do you want her to freeze to death??!!!

His reply came immediately:

Aish, fine! I'll tell them that I've taken in a cat! Happy? PS: You better be ready! We'll be there shortly!

Phewww! That was close!

I checked my watch. Sh!t, they'll be here in about ten minutes!

I put his frilly apron on (yes, the pink frilly one *snigger*) and rolled my sleeves back.

Well, might at least start cooking until they arrive!

 

Jonghyun's POV

The bad feeling in my guts was growing with every meter we got closer to my apartment.

"Hey, you alright?" Key asked me as we waited for the elevator. "You look so constipated..."

Ha, constipated is good! I'm ing scared! Scared sh!tless that I'll find my apartment burned to the ground once we arrive there!

About five minutes ago I had sent Ghosty a message informing her that we were here. But I still hadn't gotten a reply yet!

"Key's right," Minho agreed while suddenly peeking over my left shoulder and successfully scaring the crap out of me! "You've been constantly checking your phone ever since you came back from the restrooms after the interview... Is something wrong?"

Ahaha, no~~~, everything is perfectly fine! There is only a mentally challenged girl roaming around in my apartment probably setting it on fire as we speak and you guys are all coming over to laugh at my misery! So no, there's absolutely no~~~thing wrong! (MAJOR sarcasm attack...)

But now it was too late anyway. We had arrived in front of my apartment door. I blankly stared at it trying to prepare myself for the possible disaster awaiting me behind it.

"Uh, hyung? Aren't you going to open the door?" Taemin asked.

*sigh* Well then; go in and win!

I fumbled for keys inside my pocket but they weren't there. Oh right, I had given them to Ghosty... Good thing I had, or we would have already been busted! Hahahaha... T.T

I pressed the doorbell.

After a few seconds the door opened revealing an overly cheerful Ghosty. "Hi, everyone! I'm almost done!"

Key stepped forward immediately and pulled Ghosty into a giddy squeeze. "Kyaaa, you look so cu~~~te!" He squealed, most likely referring to my embarrassing, pink and frilly apron that she was wearing.

And just to clarify things, I hadn't bought that apron myself! I don't have a twisted fashion sense like Key! When I had started living on my own, my mom had ordered my sister to buy an apron for me. And being the brat she was, my sis had bought the most disgusting apron she could find! And since I'd rather die than be seen buying an apron at the supermarket this nightmare was the only apron I had. And when no one was around, I actually didn't even mind wearing it.

But now, that girl had managed to embarrass me to the bones by merely standing there and wearing those frills!

I pushed past these two to escape the embarrassment and the others followed me.

"Wow, it looks quite tidy...!" Onew remarked. "Did you clean your apartment because of us coming over? I'm touched!"

Hyung was right, it looked tidy. Too tidy. Some of my things were even missing! That retarded Ghosty must have cleaned away more than simply her traces!

I looked around searching for the culprit but she was nowhere in sight. Probably had returned to the kitchen...

I also directed my steps that way and was surprised to find the door to the kitchen closed. It was always open. Always!

Without thinking twice I opened it.

And faced instant death.

I just stood there and blinked. My head was spinning and I had to lean onto the wall for support. I realised it was because I'd stopped breathing.

I took a deep breath; only to choke on the horrible stench of burnt... something? that was laced through the air! Urghhhh!

I covered my nose with the sleeve of my left arm and breathed through my mouth.

I looked around the room that had been my kitchen this morning refusing to believe my eyes. There was no word to describe this! 'Mess' didn't even come near it! There was food everywhere! On the counter, on the floor, even inside the cupboards! There were multiple pans on the cooking stove filled with something burnt beyond recognition! I also spotted a pot in which a dangerous-looking, greenish liquid happily brew along!

Dear Gods, Goddesses and deities! Please, PLEASE give me the strength to refrain from ripping her in’ head off!

How on earth had that retard managed to transform my kitchen door into a portal to the depths of hell?!

I turned to the frilly, pink, retard that was standing scared stiff in the middle of her creation and looking at me with wide eyes. She ducked her head immediately; at least she knew she was in serious trouble!

I opened my mouth to shower her with the series of curses she deserved but she was faster.

"Mianhae! Chongmal, chongmal, CHONGMAL MIANHAE!!!!" She was bowing 90 degrees and had her hands clapped together above her head.

When I didn't answer because I was still contemplating on what to say that wasn’t a series of curses, she chanced looking up hopefully.

"Just what the were you trying to do?!" I managed.

"Cooking," she sheepishly replied. Seriously? Just cooking? How can anyone wreck such... such havoc by simply cooking?!?

Just then, Onew stuck his head through the door. "Jonghyun? Are you in the ki-hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!" He jumped back in fright.

"Onew?" Key came as well. "What's wro—" He stopped mid-sentence.

Minho and Taemin who trailed behind him just froze and looked at the scene in front of them with eyes as big as saucers.

We all glanced at Ghosty.

"Are... are you alright, Ha Neul?" Onew finally asked.

She straightened up surprised. "Neh, why wouldn't I be?"

Onew looked at her puzzled. "Didn't something explode in here?"

My head whipped in his direction. Explode? Ha-ha, yeah! Ghosty's awesome cooking talent was just too great for my small kitchen so it exploded! I gave him a look but he didn't notice; his full concentration was directed towards Ghosty.

He walked over to her. "Some even got into your hair," he said and started to gently comb the food out of her hair. She just stood there and smiled timidly. Urghhh, what a disgusting sight! I turned away.

We all helped her clean up the kitchen. Yes, including me! Even though I felt like screaming my lungs out at her for what she’d done to my precious kitchen! But the contact number of the gorgeous noona who had been the MC for tonight's interview Key had bribed me with, was just too persuasive of an argument... ahem!

After we were done we ordered pizza since our initial dinner had combusted.

We were sitting on the couch and ate our pizza. Finally, it was like a normal sleep-over should be!

 

-------

After we were done I felt Key’s eyes on me and I turned to him. He had that expectant look in his eyes and I knew exactly what was going to come right now.

“Okay! It’s secret-time, everybody!” He announced. Yep, there it was. The thing he had to push through every time we’d go over to one of our places… *sigh*

“What’s ‘secret-time’?” Ghosty then just had to ask.

“Oh right, you wouldn’t know!” Our smart, smart Key realised.

He took a deep breath and got started: “Ha Neul, do you want to know the secret to our success? Of course you do! So, here it is: As you know, we are…”

Okay, let’s cut this short. This is the part where he justifies his never-ending need for gossip by saying it is the key to our success and blah, blah, blah! So let me summarise it for you guys:

Basically, this ‘secret-time’, as he calls it, is nothing but an excuse for him to go sniffing around our apartments and put his nose into everything. He says that we shouldn’t keep secrets from each other because it ruins our trust in each other and that would be bad for the groupe climate. I do somewhat agree with him on that but does that mean he has to sniffing around our apartments? I think not! But try stopping Key from something he has set out to do! It’s simply impossible!! =.=

He has a certain pattern for his ‘secret-time’ meaning certain places he looks through to see if something changed. For example the bedroom, the bathroom, and especially the kitchen (God knows why!). And the bedside table is high up on his list as well. Even more so with me, since he knows that I put my important stuff in there…

Yep, that’s why I made Ghosty take the contract out of it. If he ever finds that damn piece of paper, were done for!

 

-------

When Key had finally finished his explanation, he stood up and proceeded towards the bathroom. I just prayed Ghosty had done her job and nothing indicated I was not living alone anymore… ><

We all got up too and followed Key.

I had to admit that strolling after him and watching him play Sherlock Holms (and yes, he enjoyed the filming of the MV of Sherlock like no one else of us! ^^) was quite entertaining. The stories he spun from seemingly abnormal things were to die for! *snigger*

Ghosty and I were the last ones to follow Key, so when they had all disappeared into the bathroom, I took the chance and pulled her back.

She turned around and I motioned her to come closer with my hand. She cast me a puzzled look but complied.

“Where did you hide you’re things and the contracts?” I whispered without letting the bathroom door out of my sight.

“I stuffed them back into my bags and suitcases and asked the security staff downstairs if he could look after them for tonight. He agreed,” she replied with a complacent smile.

Okay, that was unexpectedly smart…

“By the way, where’s your cat?” I hadn’t seen that little monster all evening.

“She was sleeping on my bed the last time I checked…”

Your bed?!”

“Excuse me, your guest bed!” She corrected and made a face. Getting cocky after just one day, huh?!

Just then my members came walking out the bathroom again and we both straightened up and stepped away from each other.

“What were you doing, waiting outside?” Minho asked while looking back and forth between Ghosty and me.

“Ahh, it would have been too crowded with all of us in there, so…” I said while trying to keep a straight face.

“Oh, okay…” Phew, he seemed to believe me! *whipes away imaginary sweat*

“Anything out of order?” I quickly asked Key to change the topic.

“Nothing except for the new, little, trash can beside the toilet which I think is a smart acquisition.”

I have a little trash can beside the toilet? I sent Ghosty a questioning look which she answered by sheepish nod. Oh well, who cares for a trash can, really!

Next was my bedroom. Nothing special there either. Seems like Ghosty managed to take my copy of our contract away…

We then proceeded to the guest room.

“The door’s ajar,” Key commented before he opened it.

“Yes, I know that it’s unusual but come on! It’s just a frickin’ do—“

I got cut off by the simultaneous squeal of my members: “Awwwwwwww!”

I guess they had found the little monster…

“That’s her, right?” Minho turned to me excitedly. “The cat you took in?”

“No, she’s my grandma!” I quipped and Minho looked at me with wide eyes.

Oh God, can someone please teach that moron the concept of sarcasm?!?

“Deee, she is the cat I took in,” I spelt it out for him and rolled my eyes.

“What’s her name?” He wanted to know.

Errr…

Okay, I just need a name! Damn brain, just give me a name! ANY name!!

“Shil Hye.”

I whipped my head around to glare at the birdbrain who had just given us away.

“How do you know how it’s called, Ha Neul?”

Yes, Minho’s absolutely right! How on earth would you know what my (*shudder*) cat is called???

“That’s the name that was written on the bowl in the kitchen…” She answered without hesitation.

She put a damn CAT BOWL into MY KITCHEN??!!!! URGGGG!! I’m SO gonna fry her sorry as* tomorrow and bury her alive!!!!

“Wow, you even bought her a cat bowl?” Onew joined our conversation with the most unwanted question he could have possibly come up with.

And a cat toilet!” Key added and pointed at some object in the room.

“Well, I’d rather buy her a cat bowl than let her eat from the same type of plate as me. And what concerns the toilet; what makes you guys think I’d want her to sh!t just anywhere in my apartment?!” Pheww! That didn’t even sound too unreasonable!

“Awwww, she’s really a cutie!” Taemin exclaimed and reached out to pet her.

But Ghosty stopped him. “Um, I wouldn’t do that, if I were you!”

“Waee?” He looked dejected.

“Cat’s don’t like to be disturbed when sleeping…” She explained.

“Aha, I have a cat of my own…” She added awkwardly and fiddled with her shirt when she realised everyone was staring at her.

“Okay, the only room left is the kitchen, right?” I asked trying to get them to move.

Key nodded absentmindedly (not a good sign… T.T) but walked towards the kitchen.

Ghosty and I stood by the door and observed Key deploying his detective skills.

“You know,” I said in a low voice. “There is no chance he’ll find anything in here; your amazing cooking talent has successfully burned away any evidence!”

I couldn’t help but snicker at her not-amused expression.

“There’s nothing in here either! So, secret-time is over.” Key then declared and I started walking back to the living room like everybody else.

But Key held me back.

“Although I still can’t get rid of the feeling that I’ve missed something…” he added in a low voice and scrutinised me through squinted eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders and pretended I didn’t know what he was talking about. Eventually, he let it go and we went back to the living room as well.

 

Ha Neul's POV

Okay, okay! I admit it! I admit it! I can't cook to save my life! But I never had to, you see! My mom was always there to do it for me! The only dish I can manage is porridge! Why? Because my mom had forced me to learn it when she and my dad had to go abroad for a few days once and I had to look after my sick oppa! Everything else just turns out like today... T.T

We were now playing games on Terrorist Kiddy's Wii and the Onjongkey-team was winning against us (the Ha2min-team, ha-ha.. =.=).

It was a combat game and I was losing badly. I had never played anything like it before so there were only two things I could focus on: Firstly, hide myself. And secondly, if someone found me, run my fingers numb. It was pretty boring.

I looked at the boys; they seemed to have the time of their lives. Terrorist Kiddy was continuously talking to his handle encouraging it to complete the wanted action by itself, Onew was leaning forward so much that I expected him to fall over any minute, Minho was moving his body the way he wanted his character to move, and the maknae was whipping his feet twice as fast to the beat of the game score. Only Key didn't seem as much interested as the others. He kept fixing his hair and accessories instead of shooting at the enemies. ^^

My attention got pulled back to my screen, when I got a message. It was from Onew's character; he was scooting into my hiding place and said: "Hey, Ha Neul! I found you!”

(A/N: Okay, since this going to become a little complicated, all written conversation (also SMS, email, etc.) will be italic from now on. (I initially wanted to colour it green but AFF doesn't want to do that for me...?) If “Onew” does something it means he himself did it, and if it was his character, I’ll write “Onew’s character”.) 

“Aren’t you gonna defend yourself?” Onew asked again when I didn’t do anything.

“Nah, don’t wanna,” I typed back.

“Hahaha, okay! Let’s agree on a temporary truce then!”

“Sure”

He made his character sit down next to me.

“I guess this game is boring you, huh?” Onew asked after a while and looked at me.

“It’s alright; I’m having fun observing you guys!” I grinned.

“Haha, and? What’s the conclusion?”

“Hmm, that I’m pitying your fangirls who’re wasting their time running after a bunch of boys who’re no different from their immature classmates? :P” I typed and grinned teasingly at him.

“Ouch, that hurts to hear. Is it that bad? I’m shocked! ;(”

“I’m kidding! ;-P It just feels so unreal to be sitting here and playing games with the five guys the whole South Korean female populace is drooling over like you were my brothers! XDD”

“Aww, now oppa’s touched! XD”

“’Oppa’?”

“Uh-hu… I’m older than you, right?”

“Yes, but—“

“And we work at the same company…”

“Still—“

“Come on! Pleeeease??? *pouts* I’ll feel so old otherwise! T.T”

“Hahaha, Arraso! I’ll call you ‘oppa’! :D But what’s with the ‘*pout*’? You’re sitting in the same room as me but you’re only writing it?!”

“Haha, you’re right! Look over…”I did and watched him expectantly. His head hung low and his bangs were covering his face.

Then, he looked up. He’d puffed his cheeks and looked straight at me with the most adorable puppy eyes I’d ever seen!! KYAAAAAAA!!!! I’m gonna take him in!! I’m SOOO gonna take him in and pet him when I come home in the evening and let him sleep on my bed and teach him the trick to give his paw and… just KYAAAAAA!!! XDDD Now, I knew why my puppy eyes hadn’t worked on Terrorist Kiddy this morning! They were nothing compared to this!!

“Ha Neul? You alright?” Onew said and adorably tilted his head. I just died right then and there from his cuteness! Omg, how was I going to survive this whole night??? I was SO close to running over to him and cuddling him to death!! XDD

Suddenly, a hand waved before my face and I snapped back. Looking to my side, I saw Key looking at me curiously while lowering his arm.

“What are noona and hyung doing?” The maknae had abandoned the game too and was looking back and forth between Onew and me.

I blinked a few times and smiled awkwardly. “Uh… I… I’m…” I stuttered and lowered my head in embarrassment! Ghhaad!! *><*

“I’m convincing her to call me oppa…” I heard Onew say.

’OPPA’?!?” Key shrieked right next to me.

“What? Who? Where?” Now, even the Terrorist Kiddy’s attention was with us.

“Hyung!” Key whined. “Ha Neul is calling the chicken maniac ‘OPPA’!!!!”

“So?” he said seemingly unfazed. But I didn’t miss the blazing glare he shot at me. What? It wasn’t my idea!! I glared right back at him.

“Me too! Me too!!” Key then pleaded while shaking my arm.

“Are you even older than her?” Onew mocked him.

“How old are you?” Key asked me seriously; not forgetting to send Onew a killing glance before that.

“Twenty-one,” I answered truthfully.

“Ha! You’re the same age!” Onew said gleefully.

“Shut up, leadar!” Key snapped. “When’s your birthday, Ha Neul?”

“Twenty-fourth of September…”

“Yes! I am older then her! In your face, hyung!” He stuck his tongue out at Onew.

“By ONE day! That doesn’t even count!”

“Just ignore him!” Key turned back to me. “Just call me oppa, arraso?”

I smiled. “Sure, sure.” If it made him that happy… ^^

“Yayy!!” Key rejoiced and pulled me into a hug. “We’re going to be great friends!” He promised. I laughed happily. I hadn’t been told that many times in my life yet.

“Okay!” Key pulled back. “Now that we’re all close, let’s play a game!” He grinned at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“But we were just playing a game…?” Minho objected confusedly.

Key gave him an annoyed look. “I’m talking about games like spin-the-bottle and co., you retard! Not boring ones like this.” He waved at the Wii console.

“Oh, okay.” Was the monosyllabic reply.

“Yes, so let’s get the drinks! And a bottle of soda for Jonghyun!” Key added with a smirk in Terrorist Kiddy’s direction. Huh? Why would he only get soda?

“What?!” He complained instantly. “This is MY apartment, remember?! So it doesn’t matter if I… you know what!”

I blinked. Even if he does what?

But before I could ask, Key grabbed my hand and dragged me to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and started taking out the drinks, including a bottle of soda, they had brought along earlier.

“Um, Key oppa?” I asked tentatively. “What does Terr-er-Jonghyun do when he’s had alco—“

“Here,” Key handed me a bunch of bottles. “Can you take these to the living room?”

“Uh, sure…” I took them and went to the living room.

“Waaa, nice service!” Onew joked when he saw me. I smiled and put the bottles on the table.

“Am right back,” I excused myself and headed back to the kitchen. I slipped in without Key noticing me and closed the door behind me.

“Okay, Key oppa,” I said determinedly. “What were you and Jonghyun talking about just now?”

He just acted as if he didn’t hear me and continued to rummage around in the fridge.

“Key oppa, you’re not good at avoiding people,” I commented. Heck, I was living with that guy! I had every right to know!!! What if he turned into a maniac?!? Even our contract wouldn’t stop him then!!

“Can’t you just let it slide? Please?” Key begged turning to me. “He’ll have my head if he finds out I told you!”

“He won’t find out,” I tried to convince him.

He just looked at me sceptically.

“Does he turn into a kissing monster?" I tried to guess.

"No, he doesn't. I wish he would though..."

"What? Is this supposed to be a subtle message to tell me that Jongkey is real?"

"Hell NO!" Key exclaimed. "Him as a boyfriend?" He shuddered. "No thank you very much!"

"Wow, that’s a harsh statement." I was surprised. "From a friend, I mean."

"Ah, don't get me wrong, he's the best as a friend!" He quickly corrected. "It's just that I pity the girl with whom he'll fall in love someday..."

"Wae?"

"'Caus he talks too much. His girlfriend will forget how to speak!"

“Haha, you’re exaggerating! He’s not that bad!”

“How do you know?”

Ooops! Stupid mouth!

“I… uh… It just didn’t seem that way to me!” I answered a little too loud.

“Hah, I’ll ask you again in a week or two. Let’s see what you’ll be saying then!”

“Sure, sure,” I smiled.

“Ha Neul? Key? Where are you?” Minho suddenly shouted from the living room.

“Coming, coming!” Key shouted back.

We both grabbed some more bottles and left the kitchen. I had completely forgotten that there was a crucial question Key had yet to answer me…

 

-------

We decided to play a game Key called ‘Flip-the-coin’. Actually, it’s not much different from ‘Spin-the-bottle’ but because the Terrorist Kiddy, being the kid he is =.=, didn’t want to play Spin-the-bottle no matter what, Key just smartly reinvented it. It works the following way:

  1. You decide whether you want truth or dare.
  2. You either do the dare or answer the question, depending on what you’ve chosen. Nothing new up to here.
  3. Then, for choosing the next person, you flip the coin. Head means you get to choose the next person to be asked and anyone can ask the next question. Tail means you get to choose who will ask the next question and you’ll have to keep drinking until someone volunteers to be the next person to be asked.

Right now it was Minho’s turn. He’d chosen truth. Onew before him had thrown head, so now everyone could ask the next question.

“I know!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “How was it to kiss Sulli during the filming of ‘To the Beautiful You’?”

Minho sent Jonghyun a wtf-look. Then he looked at the ceiling and his lower lip. I swallowed at the sight. Dear God, I’m starting to gather why he as a horde of fangirls swooning over him!! How can such a simple gesture make him look so HOT?!?

“Yah, stop acting it out all over again, you !” Key yelled disgusted. “Just answer the question!”

Minho looked at him innocently. “I was just trying to figure out my true feelings about it since that’s what Jonghyun asked.”

I sniggered. He sure knew how to play his cards!

“But I think I liked it…” He then continued.

“Obviously!” I heard Key mumble next to me.

“…it took us five takes after all,” Minho finished with a smug smirk on his face. WOAH! Who said that this boy was the epitome of innocence and shyness?!? That person needs to seriously relearn a few word definitions!!

“Alright, alright!” Key rolled his eyes. “Throw the coin already!”

He got tail.

“That’s what you got for being a !” Key snickered. “Drink! Drink! Drink!” He cheered him on.

We all joined in. “Drink! Drink! Drink!” We chorused.

Minho unwillingly put the glass to his mouth and started drinking. He had already finished one glass but still no one wanted to volunteer.

I couldn’t take it anymore so I raised my hand in defeat. “I’ll do it… So please, choose someone nice to ask the question, neh?” I always chose truth because their dares were seriously mortifying!! When Key chose dare once, Onew made him kiss Terrorist Kiddy!!! On the lips!! I tell you guys, the Jongkey couple didn’t exist without reason!!!

Minho nodded. He looked around and then his eyes settled on Taemin. “You ask, maknae.”

Taemin needn’t even think for a second. “Who amongst us (he pointed at his hyungs and himself) do you like best?”

While I felt myself blush, Terrorist Kiddy face-palmed himself. “Him and his rankings!” He sighed.

“As of right now?” I clarified trying to find an answer that didn’t sound like I was confessing.

The maknae nodded. I exhaled relieved.

“Okay, that’s obviously you, Taemin!” I smiled at him. “Because you asked me such a nice question!”

“Heh, thanks, noona!” He beamed back at me and I melted on the spot! I’d already experienced his killer aegyo this morning but his smile wasn’t something one would forget easily either!!

Still in a daze, I flipped the coin and just randomly said Key’s name.

Only when everyone looked at me like I’d had just announced that I wanted to hunt a tiger with my bare hands (which is nothing but suicidal!), I realised my what I’d done. The coin was laying tail-up, meaning I had to drink! And I had just appointed Key to be the one to ask the next question even though everyone present knew how awful, AWFUL his questions were!!! So no one in his right mind would even consider volunteering now!!!

Hu hu hu hu… I was doomed! Doomed to be a puddle of shame tomorrow morning!! Because that’s what I’ll be, if I drink up now and get dead drunk! There has only been one time up to now when I had been dead drunk. And I made it a point to keep it at that one night! It had been the night of my 18th birthday and my BFF had dragged me out to party.

I don’t know even today, what exactly I had done that night but it must have been the worst thing anyone had ever committed in the history of drunken mankind because Hyo Rin had refused to talk to me for a whole week!!!! And that’s HELLA long for her!!

And now, I was to go through all that again; only that the ones to tell the tale of my embarrassment will be five guys who are Korea’s treasure and whom I barely even know!!! T.T

I think my horror must have been written all over my face because kind Onew offered me to just say another name. My angel! My saviour!! My hero!!! I shall build you a shrine and worship thee every day!

I had already opened my mouth when I, stupid as I am, glanced at the Terrorist Kiddy and registered the damned smile on his lips. It was tauntingly tugging at the corner of his lips and clearly got his thoughts across: *Hmpf, what a chicken! Getting cold feet just because you have to drink up! Hah!*

And being the proud idiot I am, that was enough to stop me from doing the right thing.

I clenched my teeth, lifted my chin and started a glaring contest with the Terrorist Kiddy while I emptied my glass.

As expected no one came forward and I determinedly handed Key my glass to refill it. All the while not breaking eye contact with the Terrorist Kiddy.

So far so good. I felt still sane.

Key hesitantly handed me my refilled glass and I lifted it to my lips downing it with tiny sips. Just you wait, Terrorist Kiddy!! Imma show you!!!

When the second glass was empty too I handed it to Key again.

Checking status of eye contact with Terrorist Kiddy: Still established! Hwang Ha Neul, fighting!!!

I grabbed my refilled glass from Key and started drinking once more.

But now I slowly began to feel the effects of downing too much alcohol in too less time and I had to concentrate harder on glaring at my roommate. Onew said something like he was willing to be the next person to be questioned and that we should stop already but I ignored him.

Somehow that wasn’t important anymore. I only wanted to win against Terrorist Kiddy! Even though I wasn’t quite sure what winning exactly implied… I only knew that to stop drinking or to break eye contact would mean my defeat…

I was now on my fourth glass (amazing that I can still count my glasses, no?) and things were starting to become more difficult. Except for the Terrorist Kiddy’s eyes everything had melted into the background. But I convinced myself that I could still go on and demanded another glass.

I brought it to my lips again and let the cool liquid flow down my burning throat.

Suddenly, the eyes got bigger and bigger and bigger and…

…my glass was yanked away.

I blinked, puzzled. I felt around for my glass but instead met with something warm and smooth. I frowned. Since when did glass become warm and smooth? Also, how did it grow so much? I felt around more. Wooooaaa, my glass became even bigger than meee!!

“Myyyy glashhh, how diddd youu ggggrow soo mmmuch?” I slurred.

When it didn’t answer I tried to lift it to my mouth but it was too heavy.

“Aaaand soo heavvvvyyy!” I complained. Ha! Must be because it’s filled to the brim with deliiiiiciouss… uh… something! Yayy! Commme ttto mammmma!!

I tried to tilt it over but it just wouldn’t budge!

“Youuuuu!!” I growled at it. “Sssttopp rrresssissttingg!!”

I grabbed it a little further up and pulled it towards my mouth with all my might.

It actually worked!!

I felt it connect to my lips and I started to nip at it with relish. It tasted like heaven! So sweet and soft! Although it had a somewhat funny consistency, somewhat non-liquid, I didn’t care much… My stomach felt funny anyway! Hihihihihihihihi…

But at some point it started to irritate me because the liquid wouldn’t to go down my throat. So I harder.

I heard someone groan and then I got pushed over.

 

--------------------

Oh my gosh! This is the LONGEST chapter I ever wrote!!! XD But i had a lot of fun especially with the last scene... Kyaaahahah!
Hope you like it!

So please comment and/or subscribe!!