Too Much to Sacrifice

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Narrator’s POV

When Jonghyun had run off right after the concert, manager Jin had been quick-witted enough to follow him. He had heard Jonghyun call someone on the phone and begging that person to stay. He’d then been shocked to see his idol run into the concert hall without any hesitation even though Jonghyun must have known clearly that there were still fans inside. And when Jonghyun dove into the crowd, he’d almost had a heart attack.

He’d already seen himself kiss his job goodbye, but nothing happened. All the fans left bit by bit and Choi Jin already feared Jonghyun had left with them, when he suddenly saw him standing in the middle of one of the now empty aisles. He started walking towards him but then stopped in his tracks again and his eyes widened.

Because Jonghyun was not alone. Moreover, not only was he not alone; he was also tenderly kissing his companion who Choi Jin recognised to be none other than Hwang Ha Neul. Not that he was very surprised but still. Choi Jin exhaled sharply and massaged his forehead.

As he had feared their little talk yesterday evening after the photo shoot had come too late. Although Jonghyun had repeatedly assured him that he was just friends with the girl, Choi Jin hadn’t really been convinced. There were too many clues after all: That Jonghyun seemed to have told Ha Neul about his family situation since she saved him back then during that interview. Jonghyun’s sudden change in attitude the moment Ha Neul had arrived in Japan. The fact that the two sleep on the same bed hugging each other even back at Jonghyun’s apartment and that Ha Neul was able to cure his insomnia. And then how Jonghyun had acted yesterday during the photo shoot.

Just how on earth could he have missed all this? Choi Jin wondered. But then again, it wasn’t really that he couldn’t see it. More like he didn’t want to see. Because he somehow knew this outcome had been inevitable anyway.

He looked at the couple again and sighed. Well, now it was too late anyway. The way Jonghyun held Ha Neul and his expression while kissing her left no doubt about that.

 

---------------------

Ha Neul dug her nails into Jonghyun’s leather jacket; her head was spinning. Possibly from the lack of air and his intoxicating scent simultaneously. But she didn’t care. Her mind had ceased all thinking activities anyway. All she could do was feel, feel, and feel again. Feel Jonghyun’s strong hands caressing her waist and neck, half playing with her hair… Feel the warmth that radiated from him and ran through her body like electricity… Feel his firm stomach and chest that she was pushed up against…

Jonghyun her lips and again a shower of shivers ran down Ha Neul’s spine, making her lean in even closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck and answered his kiss with equal passion. Their tongues were mingling, tasting each other.

Jonghyun’s kiss was overflowing with the complete bliss and happiness he revelled in. And that feeling naturally spread to Ha Neul as well. Neither of them wanted to stop, in fact it seemed to be impossible to stop.

But eventually, Jonghyun still broke away. He looked at Ha Neul’s heated cheeks and her hazy eyes and chuckled softly. They were both panting but clearly he was the one holding her up.

Shakily, Ha Neul tried to regain her own balance but Jonghyun had no intention of letting her leave his arms. With a grin he tightened his grip on her waist and cupped her chin with his free hand. “And where do you think you’re going?” he whispered before he pecked her lips again.

And like he couldn’t get enough of her, he kept giving her short kisses until Ha Neul finally managed to push him away. “Yah, why do you keep kissing me? Stop it.” She demanded. But even in her own ears she didn’t sound convincing.

“I won’t.” Jonghyun gave her another peck.

“Yah!”

“But you said you love me.” He pouted and looked at her with puppy eyes.

Ha Neul blushed and momentarily lost her track of thoughts. She wondered why he hadn’t been running for president yet; with such eyes he’d be able to win over anyone!

But then she mentally shook her head. Don’t get distracted! She told herself. “Kissing should only be done between people who love each other.” She emphasised.

“Then, I’ll love you too,” Jonghyun said nonchalantly and now Ha Neul pouted. What kind of answer was that?! His tone completely ruined the beauty of those words!

“And just who do you think you are?” She lightly hit Jonghyun’s chest. “You don’t love people so that you can kiss them; you kiss them because you love them!”

For a moment, Jonghyun stumbled over Ha Neul’s words but then he laughed. It was just like her to come up with such a confusing sentence in this kind of situation. He grabbed her hands to stop them from abusing his chest and instead used them to pull her closer again.

“I don’t know who you’re trying to confuse,” he said while smiling gently and looking straight into her eyes. “But I think I’m a very, so very happy Kim Jonghyun right now.”

Ha Neul looked at him quizzically and Jonghyun’s smile broadened. “Because I was just told that my feelings are mutual.”

For several seconds Ha Neul just there motionlessly and with a slight frown on her forehead. Jonghyun could almost see the wheels turning in her head. Then, suddenly, realisation dawned on her face as her eyes widened and she gasped. “M-m-mu-mutual?” She stuttered. “B-but you-you said you would never…” She trailed off and Jonghyun’s smile faltered a little when he remembered why he had always denied this feeling. But an instant later it was already back again.

“But didn’t you also tell me I’d be sacrificing too much that way?” His eyes fell onto her lips, which she was kneading while thinking about his words, and he added with a boyish smile. “And if I could no longer kiss you, then I’d really be sacrificing too much!”

Immediately Ha Neul covered with her hands and glared at Jonghyun, scandalised. “Yah! That’s all you can think about?! You !”

But Jonghyun just laughed and pulled her into another embrace. He rested his chin on her shoulder and took a deep breath of her hair that smelled of her peach-scented shampoo mixed with her own scent. It hadn’t even been two days since he’d last hugged her and yet he’d already missed her. He sighed. “No, if I’d let you pass by me, I’d really be sacrificing too much…” he whispered.

And then he closed his eyes and softly pressed his lips against Ha Neul’s collarbone.

 

----------------

Sungjong was sitting in his armchair behind his desk but he wasn’t working. Ever since his last guest had left his office on the top floor of the building that contained the headquarters of his media network he had been staring at his phone. At the picture on his phone to be precise. It showed him with his arm around a girl’s shoulder, the departure area of Incheon Airport in the background. It was the last picture he had taken together with her and he could still remember that time vividly. INFINITE and Ha Neul had all given him a surprise farewell party right at the airport. The people had been looking at them weirdly but they had had so much fun, everyone had been laughing. And Ha Neul’s laugh had been the most beautiful of all.

But now he didn’t even know where she was exactly. Actually, it would have been a piece of cake for him to find out but he was hesitant about it. For the first time in his life Sungjong was hesitant about inquiring something. Because he was afraid to hear the answer.

What was most agonising though was the fact that he could already guess where she was. The question posed by his last guest had been the answer to the question he’d been asking himself ever since the day he’d arrived at Incheon Airport: Who was that guy that had kissed her at the airport and why did he seem so familiar?

His last guest had been none other than Jeong Sarang, the girl he had met in the US. They had been one of the few Korean students in the management course hence spending some time together had been a given. Jeong Sarang was the second daughter of a successful businessman. Since her older sister had married Jinhyuk hyung and they had decided not to merge the two enterprises, Jeong Sarang would one day inherit her family’s chain of high-class hotels and resorts. She had a cute side but could also be quite scary. She had the flawless-and-refined-heiress-act perfect down to her nails and when there was something she wanted, she would get it no matter what. That and much more Sungjong knew from the second day after he’d met her. He wasn’t the type to associate with strangers. Else, he would make it so they weren’t strangers anymore.

And this Jeong Sarang had just come to his office. Like always she had barged in unannounced and with her head held high; neither the security down at the entrance nor his secretary in front of his office dared to stop her. Sungjong didn’t mind though. If he had time he would gladly help and if not he could tell her so. That was just the type of person he was.

The afternoon had been moderately busy so he’d offered her a chair and immediately she’d asked him whether he knew where Jonghyun lived now. Because apparently he no longer lived where he had three years ago when she’d left for the US. Ever since she found out about Sungjong’s connection to the Kim family and his talent to gather information she’d come running to him whenever she’s got a question about her in-laws and especially Jonghyun. And never had he hesitated to answer her.

Except today. Because today he hadn’t known the answer. He had realised he really had no clue where Jinhyuk’s younger brother lived.

And as he had thought about it more and more, with images of the person in question passing in front of his inner eye, another image had suddenly flashed across his mind. The image of Ha Neul being kissed by a guy he didn’t know but felt he had seen somewhere before.

And then realisation had hit him like a slap into the face. Why that guy had felt so familiar. Because it had been none other but Kim Jonghyun, Jinhyuk hyung’s little brother.

Still looking at the picture of Ha Neul on his phone Sungjong sighed. “It must be her fate to get involved with that household…” He mumbled and caressed the girl’s face on his phone with his thumb. “And now you even met with Lee Donghae again… Just don’t let your brother find out; as I know him there is no way he will let you stand in between them.”

 

-----------------------------------

New chapter~~ :))
Whooot~! They're feelings are now mutually confirmed!! XDD *throws confetti and does celebratory dance for them* XDD ^.^''

And belated happy Easter! XDD