Grounded

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul’s POV

“So~~, you’ve promised to tell her in a week, eh?” It seemed Terrorist Kiddy had been waiting for me. He was leaning at the wall in the hallway. If it weren’t for the reason he did so, this would have been rather romantic... Well, at least I didn’t have to think of a way to bring it up anymore... Thanks to Hyo Rin… He'll cook me alive though! T.T

“Deeee~” I studied my socks. They were of a dark blue colour today and I was going to get a hole on my right one soon. Maybe I it was time to go and buy new socks again.

“I don’t really care about your socks, but yes, some shopping wouldn’t do your wardrobe any harm…”

I cursed silently. This stupid habit of saying my thoughts out loud! I laughed awkwardly. "I guess it could use some outfits of the current fashion... Do you know a good shop by chance?"

"YAH! Don’t avoid my question! What makes you think I’ll let you tell her, huh?!” He pushed himself off the wall and slowly made his way towards me. Like a wolf, approaching his already cornered prey.

I stumbled backwards while desperately trying to come up with a brilliant excuse-slash-explanation. But of course my brain failed me. “Um, you see, Hyo Rin is my best friend and I hate lying to her because we promised to always tell each other everything but if I tell her she’ll throw a hysteric fit and insist on a visit which I’ll eventually grant because I could never refuse her anything and…“ His face just got darker and darker as my mouth rambled on and I kept retreating backwards. Until I tripped over something.

I helplessly flailed my arms to regain my balance but it was useless. The room spun around and I squeezed my eyes shut awaiting the impact and accompanying pain.

But it didn’t come. Instead I grew immensely conscious of the muscular arm that was wrapped around my waist. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself looking at one of the most beautiful faces I’d ever seen...

A prominent jaw… invitingly full lips… slightly tousled hair that was surely soft to the touch… and above all, these eyes… these dusky eyes! I think I’d be contented to do nothing else but stare into these eyes for the rest of my days… No wonder his fans were all over him; he was simply beautiful. If that was even possible for a guy. Dear God, how can you distribute beauty so one-sidedly?!

“If you don’t want to get up, I’ll drop you.” He interrupted my marvelling. Ah, I remember. To make up for his rotten personality.

Then, I realised our current position: I was bent backwards with the only thing holding me up being his arm around my waist. He was bent over me and we’d look like we’re dancing tango if it wasn’t for his other arm that was resting on the wall behind me to keep us both from falling over. With that we looked like he was about to kiss me…

I felt the blood rush to my face and hurriedly ducked under his arm to escape his grasp. I turned my back on him to hide my flushed face. What the hell had just happened?!! Did I just call him freaking BEAUTIFUL?!? Did I really fawn over his facial features, just now?!!!! And why the heck is my heart beating like crazy???!!

I needed to get away from him. And fast.

Thank God, I was already in the entrance and the door was only a few steps away! I reached for the door handle and pulled it open. But I had only managed to open it a small gap when, all of a sudden, a hand shot forward and slammed it shut again.

“Where do you think you’re going?!” A voice hissed right beside my left ear. I felt my heart skip a beat and the hair on my neck stood up. He was standing so close behind me I could feel the warmth radiating from him on my back. His left hand was still placed on the door right beside my head and his scent slowly enveloped me. It was the same scent I’d also noticed that night he first had his nightmares. Only now it wasn’t overlaid by the smell of alcohol… Now it was clear and impossible to ignore… And its effect on me hadn’t changed… It still made me want to snuggle into his chest… I still liked it… Even more than that night...

Damit, Ha Neul! What’s WRONG with you?! Since when do you lose your mind because of a guy's SCENT?!? I smacked my cheeks. "Um, could you let go of the door, please?" I asked still facing the door. There was no way I could look at him right now! "I'd like to go out for a bi—“

“No. You’re not going outside anytime soon!”

“BWOH??!!! Are you saying you’re grounding me?!!!” Was he insane?! I spun around. Bad idea; now I had to withstand his electrifying stare...

“Precisely! So give me the key!”

Excuse me?! Do I look like I have the time to be locked in here for God knows how long?! “No way! I’ve got lectures to attend, you know?! And I’ve got to work! And not to mention, Hyo Rin will worry—“

“I ing don’t care!!!" He yelled making me flinch. "Until you promise me by the lives of your family that you won’t tell a soul about me living here or you living with me you’re not allowed to even set a single foot outside!! I won’t let you tell anyone! Ever!!” His voice was hitching. Damn, I knew I should have spent the night on the streets! T.T

I gritted my teeth but handed him my key. "Fine! But can I at least text Hyo Rin so she won't worry?"

"And tell her about me?! You wish! Give me your cell phone!"

Okay, he's gone officially bonkers now!!! "My cell phone?! Over my dead body!"

He suddenly let go of the door and felt my hips. WHAT THE?!!! "YAH!! Where do you think you're touching, you !!!"

He looked up again and waved my cell phone in front of my face. "Don't assume ridiculous things, Ghosty." Sh!t! How did he know I always carry my cell phone in the pockets of my pants?!

"Where's your laptop?"

"Ehhhh?!" Wait... he wasn't going to confiscate that too, right?! "Like hell I'll tell you!"

He clenched his jaw but turned around and walked towards the other end of the hallway. Where his guest room was. He surely wouldn't...?

He would. When I reached there too he was scrunching on the floor and going through my stuff! "YAHHHHHH!!" I screeched as I dashed forward and snatched my bra out of his hands, my face definitely flushed red from the embarrassment!

"Hello Kitty? For real now?" He smirked at me.

"I like cats! Got a problem?!" I snapped back. Who the heck was he to complain about my UNDERWEAR?!

He continued rummaging through my clothes and pulled out my favourite rose-yellow scarf with a floral pattern. He paused and looked at it with a thoughtful look that gave me the creeps. It cost me every bit of my self-control not to break off one of the bed legs and smash it in his face! He then shook his head like he was trying to get rid of a disturbing memory and turned to me with a smirk. "You still don't want to tell me where you're hiding your laptop…?"

Bwoh?! So… he was doing this ON PURPOSE?! This... this... arrrghhhhh!!!

"Shiro!" I wasn’t going to give in this easily!!

But then he found my sketchbook. You might say it’s just a sketchbook, so what, but to me it’s like a diary. It's A4-sized, beige and has a plain but pretty cover. And it contains my most private thoughts… phrases I thought beautiful… pictures, patterns, and cloths that had caught my attention… cloths I had designed myself… important words people had said to me… In short everything valuable enough that I couldn’t risk my mind forgetting about it…

That was what Terrorist Kiddy was holding in his hands right then… I would sooner go without my laptop for as long as he wished than letting him have a look at my sketchbook!!

“Arasso-arasso! My laptop’s here!” I hastily pulled back the blanket on the bed revealing my baby. Seriously, wouldn’t you normally look there first?!

He looked at me surprised than back at my sketchbook. “Oh? I wonder what this is for you to change your attitude this readily?” He gave me a taunting smirk and played with the cover. You know, opening it slightly and closing it again several times; just to tease me… Arrrghhh!

Suddenly, something fluttered out. Before I could even move he had already picked it up. I leaned over and groaned when I saw what it was. I sometimes liked to play with words. Rearranging and adding them up until they made a pretty phrase. I usually wrote them into my sketchbook directly. But this one I’d thought off at work and I had just written it down on a piece of paper. I knew I wasn’t particularly talented at it so I never showed it to anyone… Aish! Why did he of all people have to see it?!?

“Yah! Don’t read it!” I tried snatching it back but he turned away too fast. “Aish, just give it back, oh?!”

“Did you write this?” He decided to ignore my requests.

“Ye~,” I sighed. Well, here comes his mocking comment…

“…chowa…”

“Huh?”

“Aish, I said it’s not bad…” He handed me the paper and grabbed my baby instead.

What? I just stared at him with wide eyes. Did he just compliment me…?!

“Well, anyway. Thanks for your laptop, oh?” He smirked and waved it before leaving my room. AISHHHH!! That jerk!!!!

 

---

He really meant it. The grounding thing. He even told the security down at the entrance not to let me out under all circumstances! (I’d called them with the landline…) He’d also locked his bedroom, and his studio. So any electronic devices besides the TV were out of reach! Aish, he’d really thought this through!!

In the end I gave up on escaping and enjoy my day off. When he returned I was lazing around on the couch with a pack of chips and was watching TV.

“YAH! What are you doing?!” He yelled as soon as he saw what I was doing. “You’re distributing crumbs all over the place!!”

“Aigoo, what can I do? I was hungry… And since someone prohibited me from going out I couldn’t buy something else to eat!”

“Arasso-arasso! That’s why, clean this up and then come to the kitchen!”

“Deee~!”

When I entered the kitchen my eyes widened. He’d prepared a feast! Just looking at it made my mouth water! (A/N: I don’t know much about Korean food except that it always looks delicious XD so just imagine something formidable here ^^)

“Wow, it smells good!” I commented.

He looked up. “Help me carry the dishes.”

“Ye~” I took them over to the table and sat down. He sat down too and started eating. I just looked at him apprehensively.

“What?” He raised his eyebrows. “I thought you were hungry?”

“I get to eat too?” I asked sceptically. What had gotten into him?! Why was he so nice all of a sudden? “You didn’t poison it, did you?”

“I don’t play with food! But if you don’t want to eat, fine!” He wanted to take my plate away but I blocked him.

“Ani! I’m eating! I’m eating!” I hastily put some into my mouth. “Wow… maa!” His cooking skills were no joke! O.O

 

---

The next day I learned that that kind of dinner was normal for him. He hates instant food, he says! Thus he goes to the market and cooks dinner every single day! I went to the supermarket once a week at best! But who was I to complain? I got to eat his cooking every day now too… ^^

But even his exceptional cooking couldn’t keep me from looking for ways to escape my prison. I was sure Hyo Rin was getting more worried with each passing day! It was no use though; Terrorist Kiddy had the advantage. His damned apartment was on the top floor and the whole place was guarded like the White House!!! Seriously!

But after four days he made a mistake… We had just finished dinner and I was headed to my room when I noticed that the door to Terrorist Kiddy’s bedroom was ajar. It seemed he’d forgotten to close it properly before he went to take a shower…

Hearing that the water was still running I slipped into his room. I darted my eyes around and easily spotted my stuff on the shelf. Aigoo, he didn’t even bother to hide it…

I quickly grabbed my cell phone and turned it on. I had 87 missed calls. Some from Hyo Rin. But most of them were from Woohyun oppa. Hyo Rin must have called him thinking that I went to visit my family. Sh!t! He was going to kill me! I sighed and dialled his number. Better called him right away and told him that he needn’t worry…! He picked up after the first ring.

Woohyun: “YAH!! HA NEUL!!! WHERE ARE YOU??!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU ANSWER YOUR PHONE??!!! WHAT HAPPENED??!”

Ha Neul: “Jesonghamnida…”

Woohyun: “YAH! Where are you?! I’m going there immediately!! Tell me! Palli!”

Ha Neul: “Um… that… oppa…”

Woohyun: “What!”

Ha Neul: “Um, oppa, you see… It-KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! W-what a-are you d-d-doing?!!! P-p-put on s-some c-cloths!!! …you-YOU !!!”

Terrorist Kiddy was towering in front of me with nothing besides a white towel wrapped around his waist… looking like a Greek God by simply standing there…

And his eyes were spitting fire… As if he was trying to burn me into a pathetic pile of ashes by simply glaring at me… And I swear, if he'd had even an ounce of supernatural powers, it’d have worked! I gulped. At both, his murderous glare and his… abs…

I faintly heard oppa’s panicky voice near my ear. “Ha Neul?! What happened?! Where are you?!” And when I didn’t answer: “HA NEUL??!!!”

Then, my phone suddenly got snatched out of my hand. Horrified, I watched as the Greek God raised it to his face.

“Please stop calling Ha Neul. She’s a little busy at the moment,“ he spoke before cutting the line; all the while not breaking eye contact with me.

 

-------------------------------

Hey dear readers! I'm sorry for being late again!! I blame the awsomeness of the drama Full house... ^^

Anyway, many many thanks to Shineeloverlee2 for her idea (the grounded thing)!! Saved my day, really!! XDD

Please subscribe/comment!! <33