The First Encounter

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Ha Neul’s POV

I knew they must have arrived. Because the screaming became unbearable. I was seriously worried for my eardrums now.

I tried moving towards the door to get as far away from all this craziness as possible. My friend (notice the missing “best"; she’s been temporarily degraded from best friend to just friend) had abandoned me as soon as we entered the hall to fight for one of the front row positions. But I stood no chance against the mass of idol-crazy girls and got pulled along nonetheless.

At some point staff people tried to line up the crowd and get some order into it. And then it suddenly was my turn and the staff guy asked me who my bias was.

“My what?” A bias? What's that?

The guy looked at me as if I’d grown a second head. “Your favourite member?”

Oh, okay... But, well... I don't have a favourite member..?

As the guy was getting impatient I decided to just randomly point at one of them. Jonghyun… I think? Where is that stupid friend when you need her?!

The staff guy nodded and signalled me to get up on the podium and since I saw no other choice I did as told.

But once I stepped in front of his desk I knew I shouldn't have. One look and I knew he was one hell of an annoying guy. Don't ask me how I knew, I just did. You know, he was one of these people you just know you should never associate yourself with unless you want your life to get messed up real bad. I was fully aware of that. And still, I went and headed straight for it.

So, here... watch me make the stupidest mistake of my life...

"Hi, Jonghyun." I really hope I got his name right! Would be too embarrassing...

"Hi, ...?"

"Hwang Ha Neul."Wow, his smile is kinda cute though...

"Hi, Hwang Ha Neul. What would you like me to sign for you?" And he has nice hands... What? Oh, sign. Hm, I obviously didn't bring anything.

"Uh, I didn't bring anything with me..."

"Then on your arm, perhaps?"

"NO!!!" I jumped back. He was holding a permanent marker, you know?! Do you know how LONG it takes for that to wear of?! Ages!! II tell you, A.G.E.S!!! And then the feeling of a pen scraping my skin!! Just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine! And... and... Well, I think you get it; I just HATE it!

"Then, what do you want? I'm not doing kisses today." Jonghyun then said to me as if I wanting a kiss from him was the only possible reason for my behaviour. Hmpf! He may have a cute smile, but his personality ! That's the thing with beautiful people; they usually have a crappy personality...

"Eww! Who'd want a kiss from you?!" I hissed.

"Well, I'm pretty much sure that no female inside this room would reject it." He grinned and I frowned. "Except you, apparently."

"Well, sorry, for not fainting at the mere sight of you!" I mumbled.

"I heard that!"

"Good!" I shoot back.

"Has anyone ever told you that your personality ?"

"Look who's talking!"

"Well, at least people like MY personality!"

"Who said, they don't like mine?"

"Then why are you here all by myself? The way I see it you are a nerdy outsider who's finally found the courage to go to an autograph session of your worshipped idol." He grinned smugly. "Aren't you?"

"Wow... Conceited much?" I mocked. Just who does he think he is?! But goodness, he's talented! It took him less than five minutes to find my sore point (accusing me of being an outsider)! I should recommend him to the devil!

Somehow we'd gotten quite close; we were both leaning across the table towards each other. I could even analyse the thick layer of make-up he was wearing. I straightened my back. "And besides, I'm not 'all by myself'." I spun around and searched for Hyo Rin. It didn't take long; the crazy girl arguing or more like wrestling, with the security guy was hard to miss.

"I'm here with my friend, Hyo Rin," I said and pointed to her. "Or did you really believe I'd come here voluntarily?! Worshipped idol, my ! I'd never admire a conceited kid like you!"

I decided that there was no reason why I should have to listen to this evil kid any longer and turned to leave. I grabbed Hyo Rin's wrist and pull her with me as I stomped out of the hall.

Seriously! How can anyone have such a rotten personality?! Aish! Now, I have to look for a new band I can listen to while doing my homework! Damn it, I really like their music! Aish, all because of that evil kid!

 

Jonghyun’s POV

We were in the group car on our way back from the autograph session and I was trying to continue where I had left off before the session. But the damn podcast just wasn't interesting enough to keep me focused. And that stupid girl from the autograph session, what was her name again? Ah, yes, Hwang Ha Neul, kept bothering my mind.

How DARE she call me a kid?! I already hate people who are just hinting at my missing centimetres! But she actually managed to say it straight to my face! Aish! Just who does she think she is?! Calling the famous Bling Bling Jonghyun a kid! A KID!!!

"Um, Jonghyun, are you okay?" Taemin suddenly asked. "Your face is really red..."

"I'm fine," I assured him and tried to think of something pleasant. Something that does not call me a godamn kid!

"Thinking about the girl at the autograph session?" Onew had to destroy my efforts. I glared at him.

"Am not!"

"Sure you are!" That chicken-crazy idiot sang.

"Hyung...!" I hissed warningly.

"She was kinda cute though... Don't you think?"

"C-cute?!" I choked. CUTE?!? Are you kidding me?! "Hyung, I think you should go and get your eyes checked! Seriously, cute?!?"

"Cuteness is not only about the exterior..." He smirked.

But just then, our manager cut in, saying, we had arrived.

"Well, her personality is so not cute either!" I retorted and got off the car before the leader could sprout more nonsense.

I got my things from the back and entered the SM building. The last appointment for today was a meeting with Lee Soo Man and some other people to organize the recording of our new album. I hoped that it wouldn't take too long as I still needed to finish an exercise I had to hand in tomorrow.

But of course, it took forever. First, Lee Soo Man didn't agree with the proposed concept for one of the MVs, which meant, that the author had to rewrite it, which then pushed back the whole schedule. But then the studios were not free anymore and I and my difficult schedule didn't help either. And at some point the guy responsible for the recording complained that the new software was useless and complicated and that he had not enough time anyway and wanted an assistant. And then, of course, everyone started complaining about how tight their schedule was and how relieving an assistant would be. And the ranting went on and on and on…

I figured that I could use the time to think about the questions of the exercise so that I’d just need to write them down as soon as I got home. I thus might miss their futile discussion but our manager would have it all written down anyway. And in the end I actually got the exercise done.

 

--------------------------------

Here's the second chapter and they are already arguing

How do you like it?