Not Dislike

"Let me move in with you and I won't spill that you're Kim Jonghyun!"

Narrator’s POV

“You…?” Ha Neul breathed tonelessly and stared at Jonghyun with disbelieve. “What are you doing here?”

But Jonghyun just stared at her, his expression a mixture of contentment and wonder. Looking at her, he finally felt like the world was turning at its right pace again and yet he had no idea how he ended up in front of her. His legs had found their way to her side all by themselves.

"Jonghyun?" Ha Neul asked again, starting to worry that something indeed had happened. "Everything alright? Why are you here? Shouldn't you be boarding your plane to Japan right now?"

"I... uhh... I... I forgot to remind you not to wreck my kitchen!" Jonghyun fibbed and immediately cursed himself in silence for this abysmally stupid excuse.

Ha Neul looked at him quizzically. "You already told me that several times...?"

"Well, I can't say it often enough, can I?" Jonghyun retorted with a teasing grin; gradually returning to his original state of mind. "This is you we're talking about, after all...!"

"Yah! I told you that was only because I wasn't familiar with your kitchen yet! After your demonic cooking lesson yesterday night that definitely won't happen anymore!" Ha Neul threw him a look.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. "Demonic?!"

“I have BLISTERS you know?!” Ha Neul complained accusingly and showed him her hands demonstratively. “See?!”

“Well, it wasn’t MY fault that a certain someone still can’t handle a frying pan without getting its content everywhere even after the 57th try!” Jonghyun teased smirking.

“I’m saying, take responsibilityy~!!” Ha Neul whined in lack of a better retort and pouted.

Jonghyun had to avert his eyes because Ha Neul’s expression was just too darn cute. “I… I don’t think Lee Soo Man would be very happy if I got married out of the blue for a reason like this…”

Ha Neul almost chocked. “Married?!”

“What, now you don’t want me to take responsibility anymore?” Jonghyun teased and excitedly watched Ha Neul’s reaction.

“I… that… uhhh…” She stammered and her cheeks flushed red because she was so flustered.

Jonghyun bit back his smile and leaned in a little, making Ha Neul lean back with wide eyes. “You what…?” He whispered. And then his lips turned upwards with the most beautiful smile Ha Neul had ever seen. It was so beautiful it left her breathless. Damn, if he really was a terrorist aiming to take over South Korea, then they were all doomed… He had enough illegal weapons to conquer the whole world!

They must have stared at each other for quite a little while when suddenly a female voice paging a certain someone over the intercom made them snap out of it.

"Kim Jonghyun-ssi is kindly requested to proceed to the gate. Kim Jonghyun-ssi, please proceed to the gate. The plane is ready to depart." It said and Ha Neul and Jonghyun looked at each other surprised. Then Jonghyun started to search his pockets for his mobile while mumbling annoyed as to why that stupid manager had to announce his name all over the airport instead of just calling his cell phone.

“Ah!” He then he remembered and his expression turned slightly panicky as he looked up to Ha Neul. "I left my cell phone with the others...! Jin hyung is going to kill me! Aish!"

"Eh?" Ha Neul looked at him confused. “Didn’t you get his permission to come here?”

“Err, not exactly…”

“What?!”

“Well, you see, I kind of ran away…”

“EHHH?!!” But even though she put on a shocked expression, secretly, Ha Neul felt all giddy with happiness because this dino had ditched s and risked getting told off by his manager just so he could see her once more.

“I used the old I-need-to-go-to-the-bathroom-scam just when we got off the car…” Jonghyun explained and the happy feeling vanished as fast as it came.  “Wait… so you snuck off even before you met with the fans?!” Ha Neul swallowed empty.

Jonghuyn nodded. “Why?”

“Oh my God! If they find out that I’m the reason they didn’t get to see you, your fans will butcher me!!” Ha Neul exclaimed mortified. “Yah, go back palli!!” And she tried to shove him towards the exit.

She wasn’t very successful though; Jonghyun wouldn’t move an inch. “Don’t worry,” he grinned at her confidently.” I won’t let them hurt you.”

Ha Neul felt a warm feeling spread through her body at his words but she shove it aside; no matter how good of a smooth-talker he was, it wouldn’t save her from a horde of jealous fangirls!

“And how are you going to do that? You’re leaving for Japan today!” Besides, he defending her would just agitate his fans even more. “That’s why, hurry up and go! Go! Go!” Ha Neul tried pushing him again.

“Yah, aren’t you being a little bit overenthusiastic about getting rid of me?” Jonghyun pouted and Ha Neul had to bite her lip to keep from squealing out loud. Just how could this guy look so damn handsome even when doing aegyo?!

And no, she wasn’t overenthusiastic about getting rid of him at all. Truthfully, she was going along with his silliness and putting on a smile only because, otherwise, she’d probably be crying by now…

“You won’t be seeing me for two weeks!” Jonghyun added still pouting and Ha Neul felt like she had been stabbed right through her heart. Two weeks… She never knew two short weeks could feel this endlessly long.

“I’ll survive…” She said without much conviction and looked down. She seriously wondered how she was going to make it through these two weeks.

Jonghyun, noticing her sudden change in mood, tilted his head to look at her face, but Ha Neul hurriedly turned away. Damn, why were her eyes watering all of a sudden? She wasn’t a cry-baby! Thanks to the bullying in junior high she had learned to control her facial expression perfectly! But now she was at the verge of tears just because that dino was going to be away for two weeks?! This was ridiculous!

She turned away from Jonghyun and quickly wished over her eyes with her arm, trying to calm herself.

But then, Jonghyun grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back around again. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked gently, his voice full of worry.

And just from hearing his voice, Ha Neul was tearing up again. And slowly, she was getting scared. Because, in fact, ever since she’d met this particular dino, it had become harder and harder to not let her emotions show on her face. She was gradually losing her cool and she didn’t like it.

“Hey?” Jonghyun asked again and took a step closer while still holding onto her shoulder. However, Ha Neul hastily stepped back several steps and turned away again, forcing Jonghyun to let go of her.

“Hey, why are you not looking at me anymore?” Jonghyun asked audibly confused.

“I-I’m not…” Ha Neul lied. “I’m… I’m looking for someone…!”

“What? Who?” Jonghyun frowned.

Yes, who was she looking for? Ha Neul couldn’t remember.

“Hm?” Jonghyun crooked his eyebrow. He didn’t like where this conversation was going at all.

“S-Sungjong! I’m looking for Sungjong!” Ha Neul then finally remembered. God, how could she even forget?!

Jonghyun’s face darkened several shades. “Sungjong?”

“Y-Yes… He’s the friend that is returning from his exchange year abroad today. I told you about it yesterday morning, remember? He’s the reason I’ve come here today… To pick him up…”

“Ohhh, so HE’s the reason you came to the airport…” Jonghyun didn’t know why but just that one fact annoyed him to no ends.

“Yes,” Ha Neul said although she knew it wasn’t the truth.

“Heh, you just can't get to see him soon enough, eh?” Jonghyun scoffed and looked at Ha Neul mockingly. But truthfully, he felt hurt.

“Of course...” Ha Neul replied even though she couldn't care less at that moment when she was going to see Sungjong again.

Jonghyun glanced up at the board announcing the arrivals. “Well, good for you; his flight landed just ten minutes ago..." He said between gritted teeth and looked away. If he were to name the person he hated the most right now, he would have given Sungjong's name without hesitation.

"Oh..." was all that Ha Neul said though. Somehow she didn't feel happy about this news at all. It had the disheartening underlying meaning that she and Jonghyun would have to part soon.

"’Oh’?" Jonghyun chuckled darkly. "What's with that poor response? Aren't you going to break into tears of happiness because you'll get to see your beloved Sungjong any minute now?"

Ha Neul looked at him bewildered. "My beloved Sungj—?"

"YES!" Jonghyun snapped and Ha Neul's eyes widened.

"SHHHH!! Keep your voice down!" She hastily reminded him in a low voice and glanced around furtively. Not because she feared someone might recognise him and get her into a dangerous position. But because it meant that he would have to run away and she, again, wouldn’t get to say goodbye properly.

“Oh, come on!” Jonghyun waved it aside. “No one is going to recognise me only by tha—“

"Oh my God! It's Kim Jonghyun!!!! KYAAAAAAAAA~!!!”

Ha Neul and Jonghyun froze.

“You sure?” Another female voice asked sceptically. “Isn’t he supposed to be leaving for Japan today? Why would he be here in the arrival area?”

Ha Neul carefully glanced into the girls’ direction from the corner of her eyes, hoping that they would keep to the scenario that it was just too unlikely and that they would drop it again. But unfortunately the two girls had already attracted a whole lot of attention and now everyone was stealing curious glances at them.

Ha Neul sighed heavily and turned back to Jonghyun. It looked like she really wouldn’t be given a chance to say her goodbye properly…

But then, he suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled. And before she knew it, she was running behind him through the mass of people. She didn’t pay attention to whether they were followed or not. She neither glanced back or to the side. The only thing she could see was Jonghyun’s back.

They turned at several corners until they finally found an empty corridor. They stopped running and Jonghyun – although unwillingly – let go of Ha Neul’s hand. For a moment they both just stood there, catching their breaths.

“Why did you drag me along?” Ha Neul finally asked to break the silence. But as soon as she said it, she already regretted it. It sounded like she didn’t like it when, in fact, she was so very happy about it.

Jonghyun’s face darkened at her question. “Oh, I’m sorry!” He replied with dripping sarcasm. “I forgot that you were still waiting for your beloved Sungjong! Please accept my humble apologies!”

“Yah!” Ha Neul stared at him in bewilderment. “What is wrong with you? Why do you keep mentioning him like he is some… some… scum?!”

Jonghyun didn’t even know that himself though; he just hated his guts. "What’s wrong with ME? Nothing! You're the one who keeps trying to get rid of me to run to some stranger!"

“What?” Ha Neul asked truly baffled. “I’m not… trying to get rid of you…” Actually, it was the exact opposite.

“Oh, you’re not?” Jonghyun snorted and Ha Neul didn’t understand anything anymore. How on earth had that dino reached that conclusion??

“No, I’m not! Why would I?! When… When I was so happy when you stepped in front of me just now!” She had to look away and swallow hard before she could continue. “I had just gotten a call from Hyo Rin saying that you weren’t with the others and then you showed up in front of me. I thought I was dreaming…” She chuckled wryly and took a shaky breath. When she continued, her voice was trembling and she was tearing up again. “I felt so insanely happy just by seeing your face once more! I thought I wouldn’t see you again until you’d return… you were already gone when I woke up today…” Her voice was breaking and the tears were now streaming down her face freely. “Your… your suitcase was already gone and the apartment was so s-silent and empty! There was no one anymore to… to have silly discussions with during dinner… no one to buy a funny sweater for… no one to wake me up in the morning…” She hiccupped. “You know, I think I truly missed you after you were only gone for a few hours…! But if you want to believe that all I’m concerned about is my childhood friend, fine! I’ll do that!” She looked up to him with red eyes. “Kim Jonghyun. Have a nice trip.” And in a whisper she added: “Then… I’ll go to look for Sungjong now…”

She turned away and wiped away the tears on her cheeks. “Bye.” And she ran towards where they’d come from.

Jonghyun stood there frozen for several seconds before he let out a string of curses and balled his fists, feeling a storm of emotions rage inside him. He had made her cry… And now she was running into that Sungjong’s arms! He whirled around and with an angry yell he punched the wall with all his might.  The paint fell off where his knuckles connected with the hard concrete but he didn’t even feel the pain.

Panting, Jonghyun once more looked at where Ha Neul had disappeared. He remembered her tearstained face and his heart constricted.

She said she had missed him…!

Every fibre in his body was screaming to go after her… To trap her in his embrace and stop her tears…

But he couldn’t, mustn’t. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and turned 180 degrees, now looking into the direction where the departure terminal was. That was the direction he must walk towards. He took a step but stopped again, sighing. He lifted his eyes to the sky and sighed once more.

“This is crazy…” He breathed and shook his head.

Then, he spun around and started running. He sprinted down the corridor pushing past the people while frantically looking left and right in search for a certain girl’s back. He absolutely had to find her before this Sungjong guy did. If he’d see her crying in another man’s arms, he didn’t know what he would do.

Finally – he had already grabbed two girls shoulders who turned out not to be Ha Neul – he saw her. She was no longer running but only walking towards the arrival area with slumped shoulders. And she was still alone. Jonghyun sighed in relieve. She hadn’t found that Sungjong yet.

Without thinking, he ran up to her, grabbed her shoulders and made her face him. Recognising him, her eyes widened and she tried to take a step back. But Jonghyun didn’t let her. Instead, he pulled her closer, cupped her chin and crushed his lips on hers.

And like that day at the amusement park, the sensation was overwhelming. Her warm, soft, lips… her lovely scent… her silky hair… simply her whole presence…

He felt like he could never get enough of it.

He let his tongue do as it pleased. Let it trace her lower lip… her upper lip… and eventually pressed it against her upper lip begging for entrance.

But after having overcome her first moment of surprise, Ha Neul tried to push him off. People were walking past them left and right while giving them curious glances. It was only a matter of time until someone saw and recognised him! But he didn't budge at all. Instead, he grabbed her hands and put them around his own neck, drawing her even closer to him. He placed his left hand at the back of her head while his right one encircled her waist; holding her up and crushing her to him at the same time. Ha Neul felt shivers run down her spine.

But she didn’t dislike it. Her whole body was tingling and the places he touched were burning. With a small gasp, she parted her lips and immediately his tongue darted inside to explore. Slowly, she started to copy his movements. She traced his lips with her tongue… nibbled at his lower lip… She tasted him just as he tasted her.

No, she didn’t dislike it at all. In fact, she loved it.

She loved his manly scent… She loved his warmth and the feeling of security that he gave her… She loved his smile that shone more brilliant than the sun… She loved how they could bicker about the silliest things and make up right after… She loved the way he cared for her even if he tried to hide it so hard… She loved how he made her heart race… She loved him.

Yes, she couldn’t deny it any longer. She had fallen in love with this dino even though she knew that it would never work out.

Why did she always have to have loves that were never meant to be?

 

-------------------------

WOHOOOO!!! I'm BACKKK!!! XDD
I'm so sorry for making you guys wait for so long!! But at the same time I'm also very greatful for your kind words and comments!! I kept reading them when I didn't want to learn anymore and they really cheered me up!! Thanks so MUCH!!! :DDD

Oh, and credits to brava1 for the airport kiss scene! Thanks for the idea!! Hehe
Truth be told, I had so many ideas about what I wanted to happen at the airport and they just never fit together or were in the wrong order! That's why it took me so long to finish this chapter... :/
But now, I'm going to post it as it is...! Hope you all like it ^^