First Impression. First Date.

falling in love for Key, my gay best friend ~

"Okay. Kimmy. Are you sure this is going to work? Like, what if he thinks I'm to stuck up?" I pulled the black cocktail dress a bit lower. I was itching to get out. "Rinnie, he won't say a thing! You look wonderful" His voice was all soothed and relaxed. I sighed, "There's no moving is it?" Kimmy nodded at me and hugged from behind, smiling.

Ring,Ring. My heart thumped vigarously, as Kimbum twisted the doorknob. Frantically, I looked at the clock "10:00" then, I glanced at my teeth through the mirror. "Come in Kai." I tilted my head sidways 'Kai? Whose Kai?' I turned around. And there he was, standing right infront of me. His face was mesmerized. I blushed, he was mesmerized at how I LOOKED, ME! Lee Chaerin. "You look great too" he blinked a few times, to regain himself. He smiled and bowed and extended his elbow to me;all in one swift move.

I walked over to him and locked my arm onto his, "Be back by 12:00." Kimmy said as Kai and I walked out the door, "Don't count on it!" I yelled as the door was down to a jar. "So,where are we to Miss C.l?" I looked at him with a smile,"C.l..I like it" I winked at him. He chuckled at me. 'He seems sweet'

***

"So how did you and Kimmy first meet?" I asked abruptly. Kai, turned the steering wheel to the right, "Uhm, well...I was at a club. I was having a really bad day with my girlfriend, I just found out she had someone else. It was around 2 o'clock in the morning when something shiny caught my attention. I turned around where this shiny glow came from. And there he was, moving to the sound of the music, causing the sequence on his shirt reflect the light of the club. He seemed like a person who would want to talk to anybody, and so we talked. Then I found out he was gay; he was looking for a boyfriend since his last one has a girlfriend, I quickly declined and told him I was not gay and I just needed a friend. Key quickly pouncced on the idea of being friends...and yeah. Thats how we met".

I chuckled,"That's typical Kimmy. Always looking for someone to talk too." Kai smiled, and quickly took a glance at me, "I can see now why Key always talks about you." I stopped laughing, trying to indulge on what just came out from his mouth. 'Kimmy talks about me? Me. Out of all the exciting topics in the world, he picked me to talk about. I highly doubt that. "Oh really? Kimmy talks about me all the time." Kai was very shocked at my response to his statement, "Well yeah! Every single time we meet he always like 'Kai! I have to tell you another one of Rinnie's cute antics!" I laughed at his imitation of Kimmy's voice.

'Wow he knows a lot about Kimmy and I. Maybe,he could tell me about my dream.' I was very hesitant to tell him about my dream (I just remembered about it,just this momment) but I figured if I didn't tell anoybody about my dream soon, I would really go insane. I wanted to know if this is a sign. Quickly clearing my voice, I began, " Can you help me with a problem that I have?" The car stopped and Kai, hopped out. He then opened my door, "Tell me over dinner." I looked at the restaraunt and smiled. This was Kimmy and I's favourite restaraunt.

***

"Okay, so, in your dream you and Key were in bed." I nodded, "And you guys had rough ." "NOOOOO!!!! we just kissed!!" "Okay, so you kissed like you were going to have rough ." I sighed, "I - I, I guess so." Kai lifted his glass full of water and sipped it, eyeing me,"It's obvious you like him." Leaning back into the chair I said,"But I don't feel like I do." Kai crossed his arms over his chest, "Maybe your heart is trying to say something.." 'My heart? My heart is trying to tell me something. Well, why couldn't it tell me something else?! Like..if I was ever going to buy those Michael Kors jacket. Ugh! I hate this..' I rubbed my temples,"I wish I could just feel it,the way my heart feels it."

***

I thanked Kai for the date, with a smile he thanked me back. As I closed the door, Kimmy was behind me with a big grin on his face, "SO...how was it?" I shut the door. I and plastered a half hearted smile on my face, "I said I wanted to start as friends..and stay that way." It was at if Kimmy's jaw unhinged from his head, "Just friends?" I walked passed him,"Yeah. Just friends." Kimmy scowled, "Just friends. Rinnie, if I wanted you to make friends then I wouldv'e taken you too the park." Kimmy walked behind me and sat beside me on the couch, "I just don't think hes my type you know. Were just like friends" I said. Kimmy shook his head, "Whatever Rinnie. Hey, tomorrow, Jonghyun and I are going to the Han River. Did you want to come?" "Ah, no. I think I just wanna stay home for the weekend." 

Kimmy nodded and headed towards his bedroom, "Night Rinnie!" "Night Kimmy" As the sound of his bedroom door shut, I sighed. 'Do I really love Kimmy? Like, do I see myself kissing my gay bestfriend? I mean, what if he doesn't like me back? How do I tell him? He's gay for god sakes!! Why did my heart pick him? What if I'm just dreaming?' I pinched myself, 'No,I'm not dreaming. What if I compare my ideal type to Kimmy and see what they have in common." After a few minutes of analyzing and comparing I finally came to a conclusion. I cupped my mouth with my eyes going wide. 

 

"Oh my gosh, he's my ideal."

 

 

2cak.gif

"Okay, so you kissed like you were going to have rough ."