First Korean Love.

falling in love for Key, my gay best friend ~

That week went by, and without a doubt, was really stressful. Jonghyun made no effort to touch Cheska...for now. My guard was now, a bit lose;But Kimmy's on the other hand, was up 24/7. (You would think that I would be like Kimmy..since Cheska is my little sister). Today was Monday, luckily, Kimmy and I were off school since it was break. 

Kimmy and I were making plans to go on a paradise  vacation get away (with Cheska of course.) I was scanning deals on airplane tickets to  Hawaii, While Kimmy was looking for hotel deals. Cheska was just being Cheska, innocent and careless. "Unnie, can I look at your high school album?" I responded, "Yeah sure." Cheska cheerfully reached for the blue and black album entitled 'Seoul High' in big bold letters. 

Within a few minutes of opening the book Cheska's let out a breathless Aw, I raised my eyes from the laptop,"What is it Donsaeng?" Cheska turned the year book towards me. It was the picture of the group..plus Jonghyun. "Unnie, it's so prety in there. And you're all so perfect!" Cheska's eyes admired the clearly enhanced photo. "Who's that Unnie?" she pointed to Kimmy's left. I sighed, "Ah, it's just an old friend."

"How come you don't you hang out with him anymore?" she turned the book back to her as she flipped through more pages. "I don't know, you know, people change" I looked back at the screen, continuing to look for more deals. 'Gosh, I just wish this Jonghyun thing would just go away' 

Ring,Ring I reached for the phone and pressed it against my ear. "Yobeseyo?" "Ah, is Lee Chaerin there?" "Yeah this is her." "Oh it's Kai" I clicked on a eye catching deal, "Hey Kai." "Did Cheska want to meet my little brother? There the same age" I gazed up at my donsaeng who was laying on the carpet looking at the ceiling. She houghed a puff of hair, that lifted a strand. She was bored. "Yeah, sure. I could use the break" I said chuckling. Kai and I then hanged up.

I lifted the laptop off my lap and placed it beside me. I got up and stretched, "Cheska do you want to meet someone new?" Cheska looked at me curiously, and slowly got up, "Who?" "Kai's little brother" She nodded and smiled "Arraseo, let's go." And with that, we both left cheerfully out the home, leaving Kimmy to the job of deal hungting.

***

We were infront of Kai's house, there door was wide open. The two men staring there with smiles on their face, were almost identical. Cheska whispered in my ear, facing the brothers, "I thought he was little!" she snarled in my ear. "This is his little brother" Our head parted ways as we stared at the massive brother. He was a head and half taller then Cheska. "Cheska.." Cheska snapped out from gazing at the giant, and turned to Kai, "This is Dae-Hyun" Kai moved his hand at Dae-hyun, he smiled shyly. "Lee Cheska" Cheska cutely as she reached for his hand, "Jung Dae-hyun" They shook hands. I turned to Cheska, "Okay be good! I have to return to Kimmy appa. Arraseo?" she released Dae-Hyun's hands and nodded at me. I smiled, and bid my farewell to Dae-hyun and Kai.

***

I picked up Cheska from Kai's home. "Bye Hyunie!" Cheska yelled sweetly (Can anyone even do that? Yell sweetly?) from the car window. Dae-Hyun waved, "Bye Cheska!" We the drove off. "So, you have a nickname for him" I said teasingly. Cheska was baffled, "Unnie! You don't think I like him? Do you?" she nearly jumped out of her seat. I laughed as I switched lanes, "Maybe.." Cheska shook her head at me with a astonished open smile,"Unnie is crazy." 

"Hey! I can just see it! You and Hyunie, being a cute couple. " My eyes dazzled with thoughts of Cheska sharing food with Dae-Hyun. "Aw." I said softly. "Aish unnie, stop it!" I glanced at Cheska. She was blushing. I laughed, "Ahhhh!! Donsaeng loves Dae-Hyun!" Cheska pouted, "Shut up" I stuck my tongue out, "Wait till Dara and Bom hear this!" I smiled all the way home.

"Why are you smiling all of the sudden?" Kimmy hollered as Cheska and I simultaneously got out of the car. Kimmy crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned on the french door, "Girl things. Now, move!" I clutched Kimmy's shoulder and attempted to push him out of the way. Cheska came behind me and whispered, "I think he wants you to kiss him" I looked at Kimmy who had a 'she's right' smile.

"No, move." I said as I tried pulling Kimmy off the door. Kimmy leaned in and puckered his lips. I looked him in the eye, and sighed. "Arraseo." I then placed the tip of my index finger,under her chin and leaned in. I then slowly kissed him. Donsaeng looked at me and nodded. She turned the door knob and pushed the door wide open. I quickly left Kimmy's lips, leaving him dazed, and bolted inside my home and locked the door. Cheska and I snickered as we watched him through the window. He looked at us and furrowed his eye-brows, he rushed up to the door and jostled the door knob. "Hey!You tricked me!" Cheska and I laughed,

"You shouldn't fall so easily Kimbum!" I scrunched up my nose and stuck out my tongue. Kimmy pouted,"Kitty cat, Jagiya, I thought you love Kimmy." Cheska looked at me with an o-shaped mouth, "OOHH! unnie he's using aegyo!!" He looked really cute doing aegyo, 'Aish, god why are you so cute? I just wanna win this once!' I unlocked the door, and Kimmy happily skipped inside my home. "I hate you." I said through my teeth, "I love you too Rinnie"

Cheska chuckled, "Ah, you guys are too cute. I can't wait to have a boyfriend" I looked at Cheska, "Hyunnie!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Cheska locked the door behind her, "Yeah. Stop!" Cheska ran past me and then flung her hands around my waist, "Stop unnie. You're embarassing me!" Cheska shut her eyes and squeezed me a bit tighter. 'Aish Chaerin, look at what you've done! You've upset her..' I let go of her hands and looked at her, "Sorry for teasing you Cheska." Cheska looked at me with those puppy eyes, "It's okay unnie. Cheska forgives you. It's just that, the kids back home use to tease me..and it just triggered things.." Cheska bolted upstairs, "Cheska!" I shouted up the staircase, Kimmy came behind me and clutched my shoulders, "We should go talk to her." We headed upstairs.

I knocked on her door, she was whimpering. "Cheska, can unnie and appa come inside?" "sure." she said through her tears. I slowly twisted the door knob, and there appeared Cheska under her covers like a lump. I quickly ran up to her, "Ah,donsaeng! Don't mind them. There just jealous they don't have a good personality like you." This broke my heart. Cheska is just so kind hearted, so sweet, and good natured, it just seems like she wouldn't have any enemies! Unfortunately, girl's a visicious. Kimmy came to the other side of her and rubbed her back, "Appa is here, Don't cry now" Kimmy cooed softly. I glanced at Kimmy. 'Wow, he's a great father' this thought made me think of our future together.

The night went on, and soon enough Cheska came out from under the sheets. Kimmy left the room, since we had to start packing. To make Cheska's mind wander off the past, I talked to her about her day with Dae-Hyun. "Well first we went to eat ice cream, then we went to the mall to go look at clothes. He likes fashion too!" Cheska said as she cupped her cheeks, "We went inside this really cute shop, but quickly left because there was this guy that kept giving me looks, He was like 'Cheska lets go, I don't like the looks this ahjusshi is giving you' And I was like dying inside, He is so sweet!" I creased my forehead, "Was he tall and with brown hair?" I said, my heart was thumping out of my chest.

"Who the ahjusshi? Ah,yeah." My eyes widened,"Did he have a name?" Cheska nodded, "Yeah, it was like Kim Jonghyun.." her voice going higher at the end. I wanted to spazz, to yell at Kimmy at this moment. 'Oh My Gosh, Jonghyun might make his move! He is looking!' I thought frantically. Instead of spazzing, I told Cheska to get ready since we were leaving tomorrow. 

(How did Kimmy pull that off?) As I entered the room, I quietly shut the door. "Kimmy" I said in a hushed tone. Kimmy stopped placing clothes into the suitcases and looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Wae?" 

 

"Jonghyun is making his move."

 

 

choi_min_hwan1.jpg

"This is Dae-Hyun"