"Call Me Appa"

falling in love for Key, my gay best friend ~

It was the first morning that Cheska woke up in Korea. Kimmy and I thought it would be great if we made her breakfast. "No, No! Kimmy, she likes them sunny side up! not scrambled!" Well, as you can see it's not going very well. Kimmy sighed and dumped the egg mix into the garbage, "Here, why don't you make the eggs and I make the bacon" We nodded simultaneously. As we were making her breakfast I accidentally dropped a pan on the floor.

Kimmy turned around and pressed his index finger on his lips "SHHHHH!" I quietly picked up the pan and whispered, "Sorry. Sorry" I placed the pan on the counter and continued to make bacon. "Why is there so much noise?" Kimmy and I looked at eachother with an astonished faces, "Why is she up??!!!" I mouthed, Kimmy shrugged. I immidiately ran out of the kitchen and clutched Cheska from the stairs. "Good Morning Donsaeng." Cheska rubbed her eyes, "Ah, morning Unnie. Hmmm, What's that smell?" Cheska's mood immidiately picked up.

I guided her down the stairs, "Yeah, Kimmy oppa and Unnie made Breakfast for you!" we finally stepped off from the stairs and we walked to the living room, "Oh, you didn't have to do that for me unnie! You've already done so much!" Cheska said happily, 'She's so sweet' she sat down on the couch. "Cheska I haven't seen you in a long time. This is the least I could do" And I left her to finish cooking. 

When breakfast was done, Kimmy and I brought her, her breakfast. Cheska stopped watching her cartoons. She turned towards us and inhaled the scent of food, "Waahh! All this for donsaeng?" I chuckled,"Yes donsaeng. All for you!" we handed her the tray of food.

Donsaeng pouted as she looked down at her food, "What will you guys eat?" Kimmy and I turned around to her, "Ah, unnie and oppa will just have coffee and bread." Cheska creased her forehead, "That sounds bland. Uncle and Auntie always have  croissants and imported german coffee.." I hung my mouth open,"Wow." "No kidding!" Kimmy said sarcastically.

After I was done making my usual coffee, I made my way over to my happily munching donsaeng. "So how are aunty and uncle?" I looked at her, sipping my coffee. The atmosphere became really awkward, sort've like a scary awkward. Cheska slowly placed her utensils down on the sides of her plate. "Uhm..well. Well, uncle is in a really really nice place now. And aunty's in a really nice place too." she flashed a weak smile.

"Donsaeng, what happened?" I said in a serious tone. "Okay. So,a month back, Aunty and Uncle went to Madison Square Garden to see a play. I was at my friend's house when I got the call. They got into a car crash. Unlce died instantly, while Aunty is in the hospital, she is in critical condition" Cheska pursed her lips to prevent herself from crying. "Why didn't you stay home? with Auntie?" I sipped my coffeee. 

"Auntie didn't want me to see her this way. She thought you were more important instead." Cheska sighed as she finished the last of her breakfast,"Let us not talk about sad things in the morning. Donsaeng likes to stay cheerful in the morning" Cheska stood up and lifted her tray to the kitchen. 'There dead' I thought. I finished the last of my coffee and just sat there. Soaking everything in.

***

It was the middle of the afternoon, and we were all bored. Even the always cheerful, aegyo filled donsaeng was bored. "Let's go on a road trip!" Kimmy said randomly. "Yeah, let's go!" Cheska hopped up and screamed ethusiastically. "But to where though?" still sitting on the couch, looking at the too ethusiastic people infront of me. Kimmy tapped his foot and creased his forehead. Cheska piped up, "Oh!! How about that place where you put locks on the fence!" Kimmy turned to her, "Ah, Seoul Tower donsaeng!" Cheska nodded. 

'Hmm Seoul Tower. I've never been there. Well this is good, 'cause that is were all the couples go to confess there love. And it would be a good memory for Cheska' I stood up and extended the hand into the middle of us, "Seoul Tower it is!" the rest followed, "Lee and Kim's road trip break!" We all chuckled and then got ready.

***

We arrived at the Seoul Tower, it was amazing! "Woow, let's go up!" Cheska said, still gazing wonderfully at the tower. I grabbed Cheska's right hand and Kimmy grabbed her left, as we ran towards the building.

***

"I'm hungry" Cheska said as she gazed at the view. Kimmy looked at me and held his stomach, "Yeah Rinnie. I'm hungry too." I shifted my weight to my leg and placed my hands on my hips, "Ah! but you guys just ate breakfast!" Kimmy came next to me and pouted, Cheska did the same. In unison, they said "Please. Please!" I sighed, 'These too kids' I gave in, "Arraseo, where did you want to eat?" They both gasped, "Ahh! thanks unnie! You're the best!" Cheska said hugging me. Kimmy kissed my cheek, "Ah, jagiya you're the best! Saranghae!"

"Yeah,yeah, I'm the best. Everybody only likes Chaerin when she feeds us" I went ahead of the group and headed to the elevator. Kimmy and Cheska were squealing behind me, "Omo, can't wait!" 

***

Cheska took a humongous bite of Yeolmu kimchi*, "Wow! I just remembered how awesome korean food is" she said in between bites, I looked over at Kimmy who was also pigging out on Dak Galbi**. I chuckled at my two little kiddies. My boyfriend & my donsaeng. As I gazed at the restauraunts menu, my stomach started to growl, 'Ahh! when is my food coming?! I'm starving' I sighed and leaned back into my chair. Fortunately, Cheska caught notice of my hunger, and offered to share her Sundubu jjigae*** (which was still untouched. She left it out to cool) It was amazing! I was gobbling it down really fast! Kimmy chuckled, "Yeah Rinnie, maybe we should get you some more!" I stopped myself, and faked a cough. I then began to eat more slowly,"I'm kidding! Don't eat like that, it makes you look old" Cheska started to giggle, "Maybe I should start calling you halemeoni" Kimmy dropped his chopstick and leaned back in laughter, I was caught off guard. It surprised me how sharp her tongue was! She was just like me, "Hey! I am not old. Donsaeng - ah mind your own buissness!" I glared at her, and she just giggled happily. "Halemeoni" she whispered, while intaking another round of food.

***

Nighttime fell, as we headed back to Seoul Tower to place our lock onto the fence. "Rinnie,Can I see the lock?" Kimmy said as he clutched my hand. He swinged his happily, gazing at me with his brown eyes. I reached into my purse and handed him it. He twindled it through his fingers. His face had a questioning look on it, "What's wrong Kimmy?" I said softly. "How do you open it?" he said, showing me the lock. Before I got to answer, Cheska said bluntly, "With a Key!" Kimmy looked at me and raised his eyebrows causing his fore head to wrinkle, "That's very clever Rinnie!" I blushed, "I know!" 

We landed onto the floor with all the locks. As we stepped outside, you could see the thousands of locks on the fence. Many of different shapes and colours, and writing. Cheska then took out her camera (which I never knew she had!) and took a picture of the many locks. I took out a sharpie and wrote on the lock first.

"May Our Love Last Forever"

Kimmy, I hope then I can stay forever in your arms. 

I hope, to everyday treat the way you treat me.

Like Royalty. 

Love you. Lee Chaerin. 

I closed the cap on the sharpie and handed it to Kimmy, he then took the lock away politily. "You're going to love it." he said finishing it off. He handed me the lock. I read it aloud in my head.

Rinnie. Thank you for being with me through all these years.

Who knew that we would be going out? Me! A gay man.

You are truly a treasure in my life. 

Thank you for accepting me, and loving me like no else could.

(Not even Jonghyun.)

I wanna start a family, with you. 

Forever loving you.

My heart melted, I looked at Kimmy and gave him a smile. It was a smile that I knew that was in me, but never truly came out. "I love you" We both said in unison, I giggled and jumped into his arms as he spinned me around. "When can I put my lock on?" Kimmy slowly placed me down and he handed Cheska the lock. "What are you going to write on your lock Cheska?" Kimmy said as he knelt down towards her, "I'm going to write how cool Chaerin unnie and Kimmy oppa are! And how they shower me with lots of love like Auntie and Uncle. Also, how they are like a mom and dad to me. And how they have such cool friends! But lastly, I'm going to write how I want to stay here forever!!" Cheska squealed with exciteness. Her voice was just spilling with aegyo. Kimmy chuckled. He grabbed Cheska's hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

"Call me Appa"

 

 

 

tumblr_m65h0gV9Jt1qghspwo6_250.gif

'She's so sweet'

 

______________________________________________________________________________

*made from young radish (white mooli) leaves. These are harvested early in the growing season, while still soft and tender, this kimchi is very popular in the summer and often eaten fresh with cold noodles.

**stir-fry marinated diced chicken in a gochujang based sauce, and sliced cabbage, sweet potato, scallions, onions and tteok.

***dish made with uncurdled dubu (tofu), seafood (oysters, mussels, clamsand shrimp are common ingredients), vegetables, mushrooms, onion, scallions , and gochujang  or gochu garu (chili powder)