Resist

Bring It, Kris Wu

 

Kris POV
 
My heart shot through my stomach.
 
Please tell me this is real.
 
Even with my eyes wide opened, I couldn't even grasp the simple fact that her lips were on mine. 
 
Stay calm. Just breath it out. Don't lose it.
 
Damn. 
 
It's not gonna work.
 
She just put herself in a very dangerous position.
 
I might just regret the fact that I've never told her the truth,
because my craving is at its limit.
 
 
Yumi's POV
 
Don't move. Don't move. Don't move. Don't move. Don't move. 
 
As much as I would LOVE to see the crazy expression he was wearing, I couldn't bring myself to even relax my tightly shut eyes.
 
Holy mothers, what now? How long has it been anyways? What if I lost track of time? 
 
Oh God this is what I get for gambling on last minute ideas. All these regrets are killing me.
 
My hands were barely holding the sides of his face, but as I already know, I can't even breath properly.
 
Maybe I should just count to 3, and then push myself off. This really is the best conclusion I could think of.
Moving my hands down to his bare shoulders, I began the ever so dreadful countdown in head.
 
Okay....3...2
 
 
Wha--
 
My body suddenly lunges forward, only because something had just pushed against my back. My eyes shot opened in panic, and from this I noticed his one of his arms hooked around my waist.
His lips tugged on mine while his hand slowly slid up my jawline. As gentle as he actually was, I couldn't supress a whimper from escaping my throat.
Every ounce of blood raced towards my head, and it only got worse when my wrist was suddenly gripped by his hand.
 
His eyes then opened.
 
It was only for a moment, but I instantly recognized that gaze, completely set on the fact that he'll turn this situation in his favor. I felt that smirk of his before my lips and my only reaction was to shut my eyes again.
 
.
 
I'm dead.
 
My arms wouldn't budge, and the more I struggled the more he pulled me closer. All of a sudden, I became a puppet in his hands.
 
Why?
Why is it always him?
 
 
 
Kris POV
 
It hurt me to see how much she was trying to escape me, but that's just Yumi. 
Besides, I'm the one to blame anyways, because I'm the one who's being selfish.
 
Maybe I should have just told her.
 
Tell her how I really feel.
And how everything until now only made it stronger.
 
The littlest things she does drives me insane, but I couldn't approach her like I used to.
It was different now that we're older, and I could only hold it all back. Even now, in this moment, I'm putting on this pretense of pridefulness and mockery, something that I've kept on for the past ten years.
 
Maybe that was the wrong thing to do, because I really wanted her to know how much I want to be with her.
 
 
 
Yumi's POV
 
I felt a knot in my throat, but the ridiculousness of it all made me swallow it right back. He had never used this much force on me, and this really made me unsure of what I should be concerned about.
 
Half of me was convinced that he's just bullying me to the max, but the other half felt a sense of desperation. It's almost as if he couldn't let me go...for whatever reason.
 
Yet, the biggest irony happened.
 
His grip was loosening around my wrist, and I swear it wasn't a hallucination.
At that moment, my body switched right into my 'defense auto-pilot' mode, which meant once again, what I think has no correlation with what I'll do.
 
In an instant, I tugged my wrists out, pushed myself back, and then commited the worst crime that can be done to an idol.
 
I punched Kris.
 
Across the face.
 
I didn't 100% meant too, but my defense mode...just did it.
And now, after seeing him get back up with a hand around his chin, I bolted out the door. Just like that.
 
I wasn't sure how I made it back to my dorm or how I got myself into bed. Everything was all a blur, but one thing was for sure.
 
Tonight was absolutely insane.
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Why are you always running away?"
 
He looks straight at me, fingers caressing the side of my face. I hopelessly backed up into a wall, and that smile of his became wider.
 
"You can't win against me Yumi, you just can't resist."
 
I tried speaking but nothing came out. My voice was stuck and all I could do was witness his body inching closer to mine.
 
"Yumi."
 
"Yumi."
 
"Yumi..."
 
 
 
"YUMI!"
 
"WHAH!" 
My eyes shot opened, only to get pierced by an intense ray of light. 
 
"Ow....." I rubbed my eyes.
 
"Seriously, I was about to pour water on you." A female voice called out.
I turned and slowly opened my eyes to see Heiri, standing with her arms folded. Heiri was a manager too, who once took care of Shinee, but now teaches English to trainees.
 
"Oh...sorry..." I muttered and pushed myself up, but the pain from my bruised wrist almost made me slip back down.
 
"What happened to you arm?" She asks, walking closer.
"Oh...this? I was uh...clumsy as usual." I half smiled. She chuckles and rolls her eyes. "Whatever, but I didn't know you could be such a heavy sleeper, I mean, I called your name like 10 times."
 
Oh God, so did he...in that dream. Or nightmare. 
The thoughts of last night sent chills all over my body, which made me realize how dry my throat was.
 
"So, you know why I'm here?" Heiri poses dramatically in front of the mirror.
I looked up in confusion. Oh yeah, what is she doing here so early in the morning? "Um...no idea." I said.
 
She let out an exaggerated sigh. "For your dress, duh!"
Dress? What? Why?
 
"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow, to which she immediately dropped her jaw. 
"Don't tell me you forgot about Producer Kim's wedding!" Heiri half yelps.
 
My eyes widens. Oh crap. His massive wedding. How in the world could I forget. Crap.
 
"...Umm...when is it again?" I winced.
 
"IN THREE DAYS YOU PUMPKIN BRAIN!" 
 
OH NO.
 
"WHAT?! Why so early?!" I practically flew out of bed screaming while uselessly pacing around. Oh I'm screwed. That means I was supposed to get all the right clothes for 12 guys and....I'm screwed.
 
Heiri interrupts my pacing and grabs both of my shoulders. "Okay stop pacing." She sighs. "Because I knew you at remembering everything not related to music show schedules, I already got EXO's attire covered."
 
I swear my eyes lit up like a puppy. "Unnie..." I spoke in rare Korean, "...Saranghae..." I squealed and slowly hugged her.
She chuckles and playfully slaps my back. "You always loved me." She says and sets a bag on my desk. "And here's your dress too, I specifically picked this out so wear it alright?"
"Definitely!" I smiled at her.
 
"Okay, I'll get going now." Heiri waves and heads towards the door. "Oh that's right." She stops, "Your children are looking for you, so hurry up and go see them."
 
My ten seconds of relief was suddenly stripped away, and that same dreadful chill shot right back through my spine.
Now I have to make up a story that can at least convince half of them.
 
And then there's him.
 
Augh. Why is it like this.
 
"Okay, thanks unnie." I forced a smile and waved back.
Right when the door closed, I let out the most mournful sob to myself. Why is it so hard being a manager?
 
After five minutes of mindless pacing, I decided to step it up and deal with it. I mean, nothing could be worst than last night right?
 
I just have to face the music.
 
 
 
Kris POV
 
"Hyung, seriously, what happened?"
Kai's face was now two inches away from my own.
 
"It's nothing." I said and pushed the curious kid back. He was now the sixth person to ask.
Kai then starts laughing at himself. "Ha! Did manager teach you a lesson yesterday?"
 
My body suddenly tenses. I mean, he's actually right, in a way. After that incident, she left this bruise on the corner of my mouth, and now I'm bombareded with these questions that I had no answer to.
 
"Kris, you still haven't told us about last night." Luhan shouts, sending an echoe throughout our entire practice room.
The door then swings open, with Chanyeol and Xiumin carrying bags of food in there arms.
 
"Okay, breakfast time yo!" Xiumin shouts. All 11 of them began crowding around the food source, but I obviously had no appetite. I should just be thankful that my lack of sleep wasn't too obvious. My feet dragged itself towards the rest of them, and I reluctantly sat on the floor.
 
"Awesome, now we can hear your story while we eat." D.O. says, throwing out the chopsticks.
A flash of panic and cold sweat invaded my body. I could lie, but I had no idea how.
 
"Yeah, and your bruise too." Suho adds. "You better hide that, or else director will get super angry."
I swallowed and gave a small nod. The director is the least of my worries right now, it's her that's really worrying me.
 
"So what's the story?" Chen asks.
"You can't pass on this one Dui-zhang, you have to tell us." Tao nods.
 
This is hopeless.
 
"Start at when you left the room with manager." Kai says.
"Why were you being chased?" Baekhyun adds.
"But what's with the buises?"
 
All these interrogation questions emerged one by one, and slowly I was drowning in their voices.
I was waiting for any sort of miracle, when the door opens.
 
It was her.
 
"Oh! Manager good morning!" Kai shouts, followed by the other guys.
My stomach was in a complete knot, and my eyes couldn't even look up.
 
"Hey guys, how's the food?" She asked, sounding...cheerful.
"Yummy like always, but uh, we were just asking about your adventures last night." Suho says, raising an eyebrow.
 
My eyes slowly moves towards her, only to see a smile on her face. She chuckles and leans against the door frame.
 
"It's really not that interesting." She says. "But if you really want to know, we went to a street festival after leaving the building, but then ran into some hooligans in their turf. They started getting violent and so we had to run, the end."
 
The guys looked at each other for a moment.
 
"That's it?" Lay asks.
"Yeah, I told you, it's not that interesting." Yumi nods.
 
"That's so anti-climatic!" Xiumin sighs dramatically, "I was totally expecting some Spiderman adventure."
They all laughed in agreement and went right back to eating.
 
Wow. 
I sat there in complete shock. I had no idea what was scarier, her story or her smile.
 
"Anyways!" Yumi spoke up again.  "Producer Kim's wedding is coming up, and you guys were asked to perform." She says, passing a schedule to Sehun, who sat closest to her. "So start practicing araseo?" 
 
"Neh manager!" 
Yumi flashed another smile and walked out the door.
 
At that moment, I had no idea what I was thinking, but I stood up and followed her. 
There are just so many things wrong, and it really bothers me to see how well she was hiding it. Even with the ominous sound effect coming from the guys, I shut the door behind me.
 
The first thing I saw was her back view, pacing down the hall as if nothing was wrong.
 
"Yumi." I stated, suddenly feeling light headed.
Her walking came to a halt, and slowly, she turns to face me. My eyes couldn't focus, but I sensed that her gaze shot straight through my own.
 
"What's wrong?" She asks, a small smile graced her lips.
 
My thoughts were racing with so many questions, but I had to pace myself. Maybe I should ask her if she's okay first, but I already know the answer.
How about appologizing? But that's going too fast. 
 
I was in complete panic, but I knew that staying silent would only make everything worse.
 
Maybe it's time I tell her the truth.