Spin the Bottle

Bring It, Kris Wu

 

Kris slowly pulled opened the door.
 
At this moment, everything was in super slow motion as I held my breath for the last time.
 
The silence was piercing, and I mustered up all my courage to keep my eyes opened.
This is it, even if there's an army of zombies on the other side of this door, I will not scream.
 
With a steady swing, Kris opened the door.
 
I forced my eyes opened, looking straight into what was behind the door.
But I was completely surprised, nothing was there. Or at least, it was just darkness we were looking at, no squirming zombies.
 
I slowly let out my breath. Man, I'm scaring myself.
 
 
Out of nowhere, a sudden flash of white light hit me.
 
As horrified as I am, I looked up.
 
 
There it was.
 
In front of me.
 
A white colored face staring at me from the door.
 
WHAT IN THE WORLD.
 
I stumbled backwards, letting out what seems to be a combination of a scream, gasp and cry while a wave of coldsweat broke out from every existing pore of my body.
 
Oh my freaking God, it's the exorcist.
 
"What the--" I heard Kris blurt out as he stepped back in shock too. My face was completely burrowed into his back, trying to block out everything that's existing.
 
In that moment of silence, I was ready to be consumed and crucified.
 
But then laughter filled the room.
A really, loud and familiar laughter
As in the laughter I heard every single day.
 
Oh my...
 
You're kidding me.
 
"What...the hell." Kris said once more while I slowly looked up.
A bunch of flashlights were pointing in different directions while footsteps sounded back and forth, followed by a series of giggling.
 
"HAHAHA, I GOT YOU SO BAD!!" A deep voice cracked throughout the room.
 
Oh my lords...
 
Chanyeol.
 
That bastard child.
 
I can't even...
 
"Man, I didn't expect that to work so well." Xiumin's voice came from one of the flashlights.
 
"You...what...What the hell was that?!" Kris shouted. I was still so stunned that I was forever paralyzed from speaking.
By now, more than enough flashlights filled the room as I was able to see the faces of those forever, restless devils.
 
I honestly cannot process this situation correctly. My own brain was confused on whether to be shocked or angry.
 
"Hey, it was these guys who were bored so they decided to crash here." Suho's voice stated. "It wasn't my idea 'cause I knew you two needed some alone time."
 
I couldn't even be bothered by that. This is too much. Way, way too much.
 
"Whoa look at that!" Chen's voice rang out while a light pointed at my hand which was still held by Kris. "Lovey dovey right?"
 
Things just keep getting worse.
I awkwardly tug my hands away and sighed in agony. Seriously, these people make me sigh so much that I'm so sure I'll die early.
 
"So feisty, manager." Kai says. "You don't have to be embarrassed."
 
They're all crazy.
 
"Guys..." I started, trying to keep my breath steady. "That was not cool..." I felt a sense of anger slowly creeping over me.
 
"Whoa whoa whoa wait, that was Lay's idea, he told me to hold the flashlight under my face." Chanyeol defended with his hands in the air.
"What? You were the one who volunteered to scare them!" Lay shouted back.
"That's because Baekhyun said it would be funny." D.O. added from somewhere.
"Say what?! Suho told me to--"
 
"OKAY STOP!" I shouted.
 
The room came into a silence as the only thing I could hear was my own breathing.
 
"EXO get in line." I stated.
 
Immediately, the lights began to move along with the sound of shuffling footsteps.
One thing about being their manager is that these guys actually do listen to me. But that's only when I'm serious, or else they would just continue being derps.
 
Despite the scattered lights, I could see the horizontal line formation of 12 guys in front of me, each standing side by side.
I'll be honest, it feels pretty cool to be able to do this. But it's kind of scary at the same time...they're twelve grown men after all.
 
But that's doesn't matter, I really am angry.
 
"Anyways..." I began. "For all of you guys to be out here is really dangerous, I hope you all know that."
They nodded.
"As manager, I'm responsible for all of your safety, so don't ever all venture outside the company without consent."
 
"Yes manager." They answered back in unison.
 
Despite my outward appearance, I was secretly celebrating on the inside.
Why can't they always be like this?
 
"Uhh...manager, we're sorry for this..." Suho's voice sounded from the left, "But there really isn't anything to do back at the company, so we really were bored."
 
"But that's not an excuse to all leave at once." I stated, keeping my strict tone.
 
"But all the staff members went home for the holidays and the streets are practically empty so it wasn't that dangerous." Sehun spoke out.
 
Uh oh, they're starting to get heavy with their comebacks.
"Even with that, it's still..." My mind was still computing what to say and I could feel my façade fading.
 
"Besides," Luhan started, "We brought food with us for convenience."
"And I brought blankets and jackets to keep warm." Baekhyun said.
"Oh me too." Lay added.
 
For a few seconds, I just stared in awe. They're...still kids aren't they.
 
I could see the begging, puppy eyes on these guys, all waiting for a response from me.
As much as I tried to bite my lips, I broke out a smile.
 
"You guys..." I uttered, feeling an urge to laugh, "I can’t believe this…”
 
"Come on manager, we’ve never had the chance to camp out.” Tao said with his aegyo.
"Pleeaase?" Chanyeol smiled from ear to ear.
 
Oh jeeze, now they're starting to act like babies.
After a while, I let out a sigh. “Fine, you guys can stay."
 
The whole room was silent for a few seconds when a cheer suddenly broke out.
 
"But no more next time!" I shouted over their cheering.
 
"You're the best manager!" Xiumin danced around with his flashlight.
I smiled and shook my head at these bimbos. "If I get fired, it's all you people's fault."
 
"Don't sorry, I got your back manager." Kai stated with a dramatic nod.
"But I'm sure Kris will fight for her..." Chen giggles.
 
"I will." Kris states from behind me, but then lowers his head to my level, "After I tell everyone how much of a pushover manager you are." He smirks.
 
Ugh.
 
"Hey manager come sit down with us, you too hyung." D.O says from behind.
When I turned around, they had all sat down in a circle, with the food thrown in the middle and blankets laying around.
 
Wow what are they planning now?
But Kris and I just moved and sat with the circle, with blankets tossed at us.
 
"Alright, what game should we play?" Lay asks.
"Spin the bottle." Suho said out flatly.
"Truth or Dare." Chanyeol half exclaimed.
"Or both." Kai said, to which everyone just stared at him.
 
"How does that work?" Kris asked while sitting next to me.
"Well, we spin the bottle, and who ever it's pointed to has to chose truth or dare." He explained. "But! If we're not satisfied with the answer, there's a kissing penalty."
 
A series of "Ohhhh"s went off.
 
"Alright, let's get started!" Kai waved and grabbed a glass coke bottle from the plastic bag.
 
With a few lights pointing at the spinning bottle, the decreasing spins made almost everyone lean forward in anticipation, but as soon as the bottle stopped, laughter broke out.
 
It faced Kai.
 
"How ironic." I said with a head shake. "So, truth or dare?"
"Uh..." Kai murmured in embarrassment. "I pick...dare".
 
I slightly puffed my cheeks. What should I ask him?
 
"Oh! I got a good one." Chen exclaimed. "Go take off your pants and put it on backwards."
 
Laughter filled the room once more.
 
"But...where do I change?" He asked, sounding like a lost child.
"Just go to the corner of the room, it's dark there." Chanyeol said.
 
We all laughed when Kai stood up sluggishly with a dramatically sigh.
Poor kid, fell for his own trap.
 
"Anyways, let’s keep this going." Suho said and spun the bottle. This time, it lands on Luhan.
"Um...truth." He says somewhat timidly.
"Oh come on, don't be lame." Lay nudges him.
"Fine, dare."
 
All of us began thinking, trying to come up with a good challenge for the baby faced boy.
"How about...let Sehun sit on your lap for 10 minutes." Baekhyun blurted out, to which everyone started giggling.
 
But knowing it's Luhan and Sehun, there wasn't much complaint between the two. Sehun just stood up and sat himself on Luhan while we continued to giggle like idiots. And by this time, Kai comes back with in very awkward walk, but it only made us burst out laughing at his ridiculous poofy pants.
 
"How am I suppose to sit down..." He says and attempts to squat down, one leg at a time.
I noticed Sehun spinning the bottle for Luhan, but all of us were all too busy laughing.
 
Suddenly, the room became silent as I realized I was the only one still laughing.
Looking forward, I could see the mouth of the bottle.
 
Oh no.
 
It's pointing at me.