Oblivion

Bring It, Kris Wu

 

Yumi's POV
 
What...in the world.
 
You've got to me kidding me.
 
I stared in complete awe at the grand view in front of me, my hands almost beginning to tremble on door handle. For a split second I had thought I just walked into some royal fortress, but I managed to register what I'm seeing is just a really, really, REALLY high class hotel room.
 
My eyes glided towards the middle of the room, where a set glorious couches were perfectly aligned next to each other. To one corner stood a billiard and poker table, the other sat a grand piano. Behind was a gigantic window that revealed the entire city, and hanging on the ceiling was a chandelier...yeah, a freaking chandelier.
I couldn't stop gawking at such a scenery, and never in my life have I seen so many doors inside one individual room. Honestly, I'm really curious as to how rich people get used to this.
 
After a good five minutes, I managed to retrieve my dropped jaw and close the door behind me. I felt kind of guilty walking on top of such perfect carpeting, but my legs were dying for some relaxation and that sofa looked deliciously comfortable. Tossing myself onto to the luxurious seats, I finally felt my blood rush back to circulation.
 
A wave of sleepiness started to kick in, but a sudden chill also invaded my back. I felt tempted to just nap on the spot, but the air was starting to get cold. Plus, if anyone were to come in on me sleeping will just be really awkward. I pushed myself back up and decided to find the bedroom, which obviously is going to be a pain to find, but still the better option.
 
I puffed out a breath of air and headed towards a random door. Now I just hope I don't get lost.
 
 
 
Kris POV
 
I swiped the card across the slot and a click sound came from the door. Pulling the handles apart, I stopped dead in my tracks at the view in front of me.
 
Damn.
Producer Kim is one rich man.
 
I refrained from staring too much at all the prestigious furniture and scanned around for a bathroom. But a sigh escaped my mouth after seeing countless rooms facing me. My body was starting to feel anxious again, but I knew I had to calm my nerves if I wanted to find her.
 
Dragging myself in front of a random door, I pulled on the knob.
 
 
 
Yumi's POV
 
This…is ridiculous.
It’s official. I'm lost.
 
After walking through two bathrooms, a humongous walk-in closet, a home theater, and now a full-fledged library, I was starting to question whether a bedroom even exists. Heck scratch that, I'm questioning if I'm even inside the hotel anymore.
 
Way to go Yumi, and here I thought my sense of direction couldn't get any worse. Getting lost inside a hotel room? That's just being lame on a totally new level. My legs were pretty much dead and my head is now starting to pound. I dragged myself towards a reading table and plopped down.
 
Huh. Is this life throwing lemons at me?
 
Suddenly, out of nowhere, his image flashed through my head.
 
I felt my stomach twist into a knot.
Ugh. I really can't stand it. Every time I feel lost or troubled, he always appears in my mind.
 
I guess this is what I get for being selfish. Well, more like for being afraid. All I've been doing is avoid everything, and here I am almost throwing away my responsibility as a manager.
 
Why am I being so stubborn and immature? Can't I at least handle even an ounce of all these...distracting emotions?
 
Of all the problems, challenges and hardships I've faced, the only one that's made me so lost is him.
Seriously, how ironic can this get? Maybe I'm just hurt by his rejection, but too afraid to it up for my own good.
 
Augh. Come on Yumi, you have a career for crap sakes.
 
 
I smacked the sides of my face in agony and stood up. It's no use just sitting here and whining, but it's not like I know what exactly I should do anyways. All this extra thinking isn't doing my body and justice, and I just need a comfortable bed right now.
 
Pushing myself off the wooden chair, I moved towards another door, silently praying for a bedroom before reaching out my hand.
 
But for a second, I felt my vision warp, as if the door knob was moving away from me.
 
I stared in blank confusion as it kept moving, further and further away. My eyes can only widen when a pair of legs came in sight.
 
Wait.
 
Legs?
 
My head's pounding increased, but I slowly lifted my eyes.
 
 
...Kris?
 
 
What?
 
 
Wait no.
 
 
I'm hallucinating.
 
 
I quickly shook my head and looked up again. But my breath hitched in my throat when his image stood in front of my eye.
 
Oh my God.
 
Don't lose it Yumi.
 
Just calm down.
 
Calm do--
 
 
"Yumi?"
 
 
This is real.
 
 
My eyes met with that gaze which bore deeply into mine, sending an overwhelming flash of cold sweat down my body.
 
What?
 
Why?
 
How?
 
My throat dried up and my heartbeat reached all the way to my ears.
 
"What are you...doing here?"
 
I jolted at his voice, and my gaze immediately dropped to the floor. The atmosphere became piercingly calm yet my mind was spinning miles per minute.
 
Holy crap Yumi just get it together and snap out of it.
 
"I came here to rest." The words flew out of my mouth, a little too quickly. But still, the same question rammed through my head.
 
What is he doing here?
 
His body shifted which made my heart pound even harder. Suddenly, all I had running through my head were a bunch of screaming nonsense.
Ugh. Why am I being such a coward right now?
 
"Oh…then um...do you want...to sit or..." He voice faded.
 
I mentally punched myself over and over but being such a helpless little girl, but I managed to shake my head.
 
"Ok..." He cleared his throat.
 
This is ridiculous, I'm being ridiculous. So much for being called "Bad-" manager. What's wrong with me? Why can't I speak up?
 
Why can't just tell him what I want to say?
 
I closed my eyes and slowly drew in a breath. Stop this child's play Yumi. Just say something.
 
I finally parted my lips. "...Um--"
 
 
"Yumi, listen..."
 
My breath caught in my throat once again. Why eyes widened while blood began rushing to my cheeks.
 
"This...I uh..." He stuttered. "I...really can't take this awkward and...detached situation between us..." He exhaled. "There are some things that I really want to say."
 
My heart was pounding extremely loud in my ears. I once again felt pathetic for not even having the guts look at him. The only thing I can provide was silence, and it was deafening.
 
“So…would you please…hear me out?”
 
I wasn’t even sure if my brain still worked, but I slowly nodded.
He shifted his body to face me completely, and he drew in another long breath.
 
"I don't know if...this is the right thing to say first, but..."
 
He paused.
 
"I'm...sorry."
 
 
Everything in time and space suddenly froze. My breath still gone.
 
"And...This isn't just for what happened a few days ago..."
 
Another silence.
 
"But also...for the past ten years."
 
His words echoed in my head; rang in my ears as if someone just screamed those words at me. This was sudden, way too sudden.
 
I don't know where this sudden rush of energy came from, but I slowly lifted my head. My eyes met with an unfathomable gaze, one that was so unreadable and foreign.
 
A burning presence overtook my entire body.
 
"I..." he pursed his lips.
 
"I did very selfish things...that put you through a lot."
 
His words echoed.
 
"I was stupid...and desperate and...too proud to admit the truth to myself."
 
His eyes looked straight into mine.
 
"The more I repeated those mistake, the more I realized this one fact that..."
 
My heart was ready to burst.
 
 
"all this time I've..."
 
 
"I've been in love with you."