I Got You

Bring It, Kris Wu
 
I sighed for the 6th time.
 
I just knew it. Rock-paper-scissors just isn't my territory. Now I have pick up a whole feast to feed 12 grown men.
 
But I wasn't the only one here, Kris lost his part too, so he has to go buy the food with me, which really, really does not make it any better.
I don’t completely hate him, it's just...how should I say this...he never fails to make me angry. In other words, he makes fun of me like there's no tomorrow. Literally, it can be the smallest thing that I didn't do right and he would broadcast it like some type of natural disaster.
To make it worse, he always laughs it off and does his stupid aegyo while I’m stuck rolling my eyes for the billionth time.
 
"Hey stop walking so fast will ya?" He half-slurs in English.
"Then why don't you actually try to walk?" I said without turning my head. Keeping my current pace, I browsed the shop lights when an arm suddenly hangs around my shoulder.
"Sorry I couldn't hear you over my flowing aura." His breath fawning over my right ear.
 
Ugh...this guy.
 
I tried my best to keep my cool and elbowed his chest, to which he just backs up and avoids. From the corner of my eye I could see that cocky smirk of his forming on that face.
 
Yeah, that face.
It’s one of those that can K.O. the average female in seconds, and it's scary because I've seen it during multiple occasions . As much as I hate to admit, Kris is really good looking, but that cockiness of his really, just really angers me.
 
 
 
Finally reaching the usual BBQ place, Aunt Haeyeon, the owner and our favorite cook, greets us with her usual EXO apron tied around her. That’s right, it’s a silver apron with all of the member’s faces and signatures printed on it. Because she loves them so much, she always offered her awesome cooking. Honestly, I think she might be Exo's oldest fangirl.
 
"Good to see you Yumi! And Kris too, how wonderful!" She beamed.
"Thank you, good to see you too." I answered back, smiling at her cheerfulness.
"We really appreciate you're cooking aunty, we're working hard because of you." Kris says with a bow, his tone switching from harassment to pure innocence just like that. A true two-faced devil.
 
Of course, Aunt Haeyeon beams at the tall, fresh-faced boy while I tried my best to prevent myself from another eye roll.
"That's very sweet of you all, and I've already prepared everything, here Yumi could you give me hand with the food?"
"Yeah, of course." I replied and followed her back into the kitchen.
 
"We'll be right back Kris!" Aunty waved before entering the back door.
 
Taking a glance at him, he still had that 'good boy' look plastered on his face, which, upon eyeing me, turned right back into that arrogant smirk.
 
Once we entered the back room, I immediately turned to her. "Aunt Haeyeon, don't be tricked by that guy."
"Huh? What do you mean?" Her eyes perking at me.
 
"Long story short, he's a huge jerk."
"Who? Kris? No, I don't believe that, he's so sweet! Always smiling, being so respectful--"
 
"Whoa no way, that's only what he wants you to think." I cut her off. "In reality, he'll make you want to...flip a table."
 
She only giggles and continues to smiled to herself, giving a moment of silence while we both packed the food into bags.
"So, I’m guessing…he teases you?" She asked through a grin.
 
"Well...more like infuriating me."
She just continues to giggle. "Hmm...I think that means he likes yo--"
"Absolutely impossible aunty, you're fangirling again." I cut her off once more.
 
She pouts at me and continues, "But if he teases you, that's what it means!"
"Nope, what he wants is to get his kicked, and I'm not backing down until I get him." I grinned and pushed through the door.
 
 
 
"That took you awhile." Kris whispers to me as I hand him the bags.
"At least I didn't have to stand there like an idiot." I shot back at him.
Before he could make another lame comment, Aunty came out with the rest of the food.
 
"Alright you two, have a safe trip back, say hi to everyone for me! Oh, and tell Luhan I made the noodles with the sauce he likes!"
 
"We will, thanks Aunty!" Both of us bowed before walking out.
 
 
 
 
The night air was completely filled with our food's aroma. Kris held two bags, one in each hand while I held the other two. Walking behind him this time, I eyed the back of his tall figure. It has been awhile since I got a real look at him without being disturbed by his distain. His shoulders were broad, and even from the long sleeves, I noticed he had accumulated a good amount of strength in both arms.
Suddenly, Aunt Haeyeon's comment hits me, the words "he likes you" sending an odd shiver down my spine.
 
But there was no way that could happen. He's nothing but a narcissistic alien.
 
Yet, another thought hit me.
Since I said I wasn't going to give into his stupidity, this might be a good chance to get him back.
 
Hm. Maybe I'll do just that.
I’ll get him to do what I want.
 
 
I observed my current surrounding and slowly began to walk off the sidewalk. The timing has to be perfect and it'll be a guaranteed victory for me.
 
Noticing a biker coming from behind, I pretended to stumble left, making the one of the bike handles run into my shoulder. And right at that moment, I bumped myself into a street light post.
 
"Ow..." I acted, holding onto my left shoulder in agony.
"Omo! I'm so sorry, are you alright? Oh my…" The biker runs back to me and squats down to where I perfectly landed my fake injured self.
 
"No I'm alright..." I trailed off, seeing Kris's shadow approaching.
 
"Whoa what happened?"
"It's nothing, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I said, trying to stand up. And at the moment, I clutched my shoulder and slightly gasped in pain.
 
"Hey weren't you injured on that shoulder?" Kris asked, his face actually showing a semi-worried expression.
 
Ohh, it's working.
 
The confused biker just stood there, his panic rising with the appearance of Kris's tall stature.
"Don't worry about it..." I turned to the biker, "I'm alright, please, you can leave us." I smiled at him.
 
The biker just gave a dumbfounded nod and went to pick up his bike. As he left, I continued my acting of trying to pick up the bags of food that I made sure not to spill.
 
"Wait, are you sure you can still..." Kris spoke, his voice trailing off while seeing me struggle with the food. "Hey look, I'll carry them."
 
"No, I'm fine." I said, trying to take the bags in a stubborn manner.
He backs away. "I'll get it! Since you're injured, I'll carry these." With that, he picks up all four bags and turns to walk. "And tell me if your arm starts hurting alright?"
 
That left me surprised for a few seconds. Wow, was that him being not-so-much-of-a-jerk?
 
He then turns to me. "And if you want, I can teach you how to walk next time."
 
Nevermind what I said.
He's just a cocky, irritating devil and the bane of my life.
 
Whatever, I can't use a come back now, this battle is still going.
 
I quickened my pace to catch up with him, walking right beside his food filled arms, which looked totally hilarious since the bags were almost blocking his view.
Still holding onto my fake injured arm, I looked at him innocently.
 
"Hey Kris..." I spoke.
"Hmm?"
"You know after the rock-paper-scissors game, there was another rule."
He turns his head. "What rule?"
 
"Well..." I began to walk faster. "It was whoever returns last has to clean up all the mess."
 
 
He stopped dead in his tracks and his eyes widened like no other.
 
"So have fun carrying our food! We'll be waiting!" I said before skipping away.
Right before I turned the corner, I looked back and stuck my tongue out at him. Oh man, his face, priceless.
 
Haha, what a loser.