They want me to what?!

Kindness

 

Your POV

Since the time on the stairs Jongup and I decided to be friends. We’ve been inseparable, but with school about to start up I start to feel nervous.

What if I’m not in the same school at him? What if we are and he’s not in my class? Or worse what if he pretends he doesn’t’ know me?

He’s 1 of the few people I know in Korea my age and could be in any classes with me.

My homesickness stopped and I made Seoul my new home.

It became my home and the guys of B.A.P become my family.

“Hey guys!” I run up to the guys and they laugh at me, “What?”

Jongup walks up to me and pulls on something on the front of my shirt.

He’s still shy with me sometimes but he’s coming out of his shell.

I look down to see what he’s pulling at and I notice that my shirt is not just backwards but inside out.

I blush and race to the nearest bathroom to fix my shirt.

When I come back they start laughing all over again, but before I can do something my cousin hits them on the head.

“Yah! Are you guys done laughing at my baby cousin?”

I laugh, as I look over at them, “Why did you have to hurt them?”

“Cause we can't have them emotionally scarred, they were laughing at you, and I need your guys’ attention.”

“Why?”

“Well they want Emma to train at TS Entertainment and they want to see if Emma can train with you 6 since you already know each other.”

The guys looked shocked, “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?”

Zelo tries to explain himself, “It’s just you’re from the states…”

“So did Kevin Woo. I’ve been studying Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Korean, and English.”

Jongup and my cousin shake their heads.

“Your parents are trying to kill you.”

I nod and leave out the part that I’m not fluent in all of them since I dropped them once another language would be shoved down my throat.

That I’m only fluent in Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and English.

“That’s what I mean,” I lift an eyebrow and Zelo speeds up talking, “I mean they haven’t even heard you sing from what we know. So what you know those languages, but what about your voice.”

My cousin gets a sheepish look, “Well I might have had the CEO and scouting agent over for dinner and Emma was singing in the music room while she played piano and later her guitar.”

I blush realizing the song I’ve been writing in Korean was the 1 that he was talking about.

“They loved the songs to where did they come from?”

“I wrote them and still working on them,” I tell them afraid to look up.

“Cool,” I hear Jongup exclaim and it makes me smile.

When I look up Jongup and them are smiling at me.

“Thanks guys,” I say as I play with my hands.

“Can you sing for us only if you want?”

I nod and pull out a notebook that I write all my songs and poems in and hand it over to them, “Pick a song.”

They look at the songs and I see amazement on their faces.

“These are amazing and you wrote all of these?” I nod my head and Jongup smiles at me, “a few of these look like duets.”

“They probably are. I wrote a few but I’m not certain how they would work. The duets aren’t the best.”

“Let’s have you and…. Jongup,” my cousin says, “sing 1 of them?”

“What?!” Jongup and I scream surprised by my cousin’s ‘offer’.

Everybody laughs at the 2 of us and we blush.

They sit with us trying to talk me into doing the duet.

It takes them an hour to talk Jongup into it, but I’m a bit more stubborn.

I almost caved in until an older male comes into the room and calls my name.

“Yes?”

“Hi, I’m 1 of the talent scouts Mr. Lee but this time it’s a bit different than usual since the boss sent me down to talk to you. We have an idea that your cousin probably told you what we want to do.”

I nod, “Yes, he spoke about it briefly, but didn’t really touch base on what that would mean.”

Mr. Lee smiles, “That’s good, but we’d like it if you could sing again for us.”

“Sure I believe I can,” I look back at Yongguk, “can he help me because the only song I know off hand at the moment is Going Crazy.”

Yongguk looks at you and nods, “Alright I’m ok with it.”

You start to smile.

“Sarangi anya igeon sarangi anya

neoui jipchagil ppuniya

eodi itdeunji naega mueol hadeunji

museowo nareul baraboneun neon.”

I keep up with Yongguk keeping perfect harmony with the song. I let my emotions take over as I sing.

When it ends, mouths are hanging open, and I bow to them.

“That was amazing so much raw emotion. I love it,” Mr. Lee squeals like a high school fangirl, “also you’re beautiful just the new female face we need.”

I keep my mouth shut and stare into space.

I hate the idea of being an idol.

They can't have a life without it being all over the internet and TV. They have to be dolls letting people dress them up and do stupid make-up. Rumor and scandals are everywhere. Dealing with the haters just seems too much to handle.

“To start off your career we have a song that you can sing with B.A.P at least I think it’d be a good start. It’d be a start off a kick off of telling people of the new talent they should see.”

I want to punch the scout in the face and kick him while he’s down. This sound so stupid I don’t want to be a singer or whatever I want to help people and not sing on a stage. Still for now, I should agree with it and save up what I can so that I can go to college either in Seoul or back home. It all counts on my behavior.

Himchan pushes Jongup and me together, “We looked at Emma’s songs that she wrote and there’s a song that we think would be a perfect duet for her and Jongup.”

Before Jongup or I do anything Mr. Lee squeals again and starts rambling about wonderful ideas.

Himchan hands him the song and tells him to look at it, which he does.

He squeals even louder, grabs Jongup and my arms, and drags us up to the CEO’s office.

Kim Him Chan when we are done with this you are so much a goner.