Chapter 23

We Met Because Of That Rose .

"H-hello ?" 

You froze . 

"Wh-what ?"

"I-I think we need to talk ..." 

You gulped and closed your eyes , "we have nothing to talk ." 

"You don't but I do ." 

"Wh-what ?! Just say it now ." 

"No . Meet me at the playground now ." 

"What for ?" 

"Just do what I say ." 

"I'm not ." 

"Stop being so stubborn !"

"Shut up . I'm not going . Wait for all you want ." 

Then you hung up and sled down to the sofa . But , you felt a pierce of guilt in your heart . 

 

-

 

Baekhyun sighed and wore his jacket and went out of the room . 

"Umma , i'm going out for awhile ." Baekhyun said .

"Ne . Don't be too late eoh ! Oh , remember to contact Jinri . Ask her to come her this weekend for dinner since it's Baek Joon's birthday !" 

"Ne ." Baekhyun answered and went out of the house .

He was walking along the pavement when suddenly he heard footsteps .

*Jinri ? Or maybe not ?* 

He sighed and turned around but in no time , he was being punched on the ground with a strong fist .

"Ar-argh !" He groaned in pain as it was dark at night and could hardly see the person who punched him . Then , the person pounced onto him . 

"Ar-argh , p-please stop ..." Baekhyun continued to groan and clutch onto his stomach .

"Hah . You should know who am I by now . This is warning to Choi Jinri . I need the 5 million by this week . It's her deadline soon . You better take this seriously . Or not ... you both will face the consequences ." The guys threw a punch on Baekhyun's face and strutted off quickly .

*WHAT ?! 5 MILLION ?! What on earth made her borrow 5 million from the loan shark ?!* 

Luckily , Baekhyun met Chae In at this time .

"O-omo , is that Baekhyun oppa ?!" Chae In rushed to him and carried him up .

"I-i'm fine ..." Baekhyun winced .

"Since say so ? Tell me where you live . I'll walk you home !" Chae In insisted and Baekhyun had to listen to her since he was in pain .

 

Chae In knocked onto Baekhyun's house door and Baek Joon opened .

"Umma !" Baek Joon rushed and pulled Baekhyun's mom out .

"O-omo , my son ! What happened to him ?!" Baekhyun's mom opened the door and let Chae In and Baekhyun in .

"Ajumeoni , i'm Chae In . I'm Baekhyun's friend . He got beat up but some guy just now ." Chae In said .

"O-omo ... o-omona ... you offended people , did you ? Come , quick !" Baekhyun's mom helped Baekhyun onto his bed and lay him down .

"Chae In , ca-call Jinri ... n-now ..." Baekhyun passed Chae In his phone . 

Chae In unlocked the phone and saw your face on the screen . She bit her lips and got nervous all of the sudden . Of course , she couldn't ask such question now . She dialled your number .

-

You were sitting on the swing , waiting for Baekhyun to arrive . Swinging back and forth , waiting and waiting .

"Aish , what's with this guy ? He told me to meet him now and he's nowhere to be found ?" You sighed  looked at your phone . 

"Choi Jinri ~~" Someone whispered to your left ear , making you freak out in the dark and turned to hug him .

"Haha , scaredy cat !" You were expecting Baekhyun but it turned out to be Kai . You let go of the hug and scoffed .

"Thanks for the hug ." Kai smiled and sat at the other swing beside you .

"What are you doing here late at night ?" He asked .

"Waiting for someone ." You said .

"Baekhyun ?" Kai asked in a soft voice .

You kept quiet and nodded lightly .

"Chae In's with him ." Kai said it in a 'who-cares' tone .

"What ?" You immediately turned to Kai .

He then pursed his lips into a line and avoided your eye contact , "Chae In's at Baekhyun's house now  . Because-"

"Okay , enough . I'm tired now . I shall go back home now . There's nothing for me to wait for now ." Your heart skipped a beat and started to thump fast . But in no time , it was crushed into pieces again . 

He asked you out but now ? He's at his house with Chae In . Who knows if they're dating ? *You should have told me that you're not coming down anymore . I've waited for 30 minutes but got nothing ...* 

 

-

 

"O-oppa , i've contacted Jinri eonni . But she didn't pick up her calls ." Chae In said . 

"T-thanks ... Maybe she is sleeping ... well , it's fine . You can go home now . It's late . Don't let Kai worry . Thanks for bringing me back ." Baekhyun said softly .

"You're welcome oppa . Get well soon ~" Chae In then bent down and planted a kiss on Baekhyun's cheek , "bye !" She ran off shyly .

*Wh-what was that ?!* Baekhyun touched his cheeks .

 

-

 

"Hey , Jinri , stop walking so fast ... Is there something bothering you ?" Kai asked worriedly .

"Even if there is , you won't understand ." You quickened your steps so that Kai won't see you tearing up . 

"Is it about Baekhyun hyung ?" Kai stopped and shouted .

His voice echoed in your mind . You bit your lips and stopped walking . By then , your precious tears fell . 

"Is it ?" Kai shouted at you .

You took a deep breathe , "so what if it is ?" 

*So you were crushing on Baekhyun all these time ... No wonder you didn't answer to my confession ... I should have known earlier right ?* 

"Actually-" 

"Stop . I don't to hear anymore things ." You covered your ears and interrupted Kai .

"Just cry out ." Kai then grabbed your arm and spun you into his arms .

Shocked to his actions but you cried out in the next second .

*It's okay Jinri-ah , be mine . I'll protect you . I'll get you and make you mine soon . Just forget about Baekhyun hyung .*


=== Updated . Sorry for making things complicated again :3 Subscribe and comment to know more ! ^^ <33 Yay , i hit 70+ subbies <33 Thank you guys ! Loving y'all always ! /throws Namheart around/ ===