Noona

Eleven

Kyungsoo. That precious boy who saved my life.

Ume bade goodbye to Jongdae and held Kyungsoo by the right arm, guiding him to walk slightly faster.

He barely had the time to say goodbye to his team mate before he was led away around the corner.

"Sam..." His soft voice made Ume stop. 

That's when she realised she's still holding on to him. Both of them looked down at his arm and when they looked up again, their eyes met.

She broke the grip and smiled, "Ah... Kyungsoo ah, sorry."

He just smiled back. Not saying anything. Like he understood.

Ume wasn't sure whether it's cos she found security in that one second they locked eyes, but she clearly registered her heart skipping a beat. 

_________________

 

Kai moved casually to the beat coming from Kyungsoo's speakers.

"Sam is not as strict as they say. She's funny." Kai did a little dance step towards Kyungsoo.

"Is it? I thought she was really relaxed today. Maybe cos it's the last lesson. I never knew she could be like that." Kyungsoo mused.

"Say.. would you consider dating a noona like her?"

Kyungsoo looked up from his lyrics book and furrowed his brows.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because... "

"Do you like her?"

"No, not that. I'm just wondering, what does women her age thinks about us?"

"And...?"

"And.. I'm thinking... about what they told Jongdae about the noona part."

"What noona part?"

"They told Jongdae to mention he likes noonas. To garner more noona fans to himself. Else most of them will just run to Kris. Luhan takes care of the younger ones, I wonder who will be the one winning over the noona's support in our team?"

"You?" Kyungsoo goes back to his book with a smile.

"Aish, I will take care of the pretty ones." Kai smirked.

 

_________________

 

 

"... and my ideal type is someone who can take care of me, like a noona.." 

Ume wanted to throw the ramen she is eating at the tv. 

"Like real!!!!!" She sneered at the screen instead, taking in the next bite with such ferocity she thought she might bite her tongue.

Ume can't help but feel a pang of sadness when she hears Jongdae speaking like that. Or rather, Chen, which he is now known as. "Noona... noona. I'm also a noona, but why... ?"

She sighed.

Why does she has to be the one always stuck with the irresponsible twits? Maybe her Mr Right is now surrounded by the same miserable twits as well. Arrghhh... What depressing thoughts on a Saturday night.

 

She forced herself to watch on. The boys had debuted for almost a month and she wanted to monitor her own class. The boys that she had taught. She smiled at the thought. Her class. A little pride swelled up in her.

Sam! The wacky happy virus boy, Chanyeol. Baekhyun, the joker. Joonmyun, the smiler. Kai, the cool one. Sehun, the naughty one.

And of course, Kyungsoo.

She always felt an odd sense of security with him. Mostly from that incident with Jongdae, she guessed. 

Too bad she won't get to see them very much again. 

She let out another sigh and put another spoonful into whilst watching the screen. 

Suddenly she thought she heard a different sound coming from the tv. Ume frowned. 

Oh, it's not from the tv.

 

"Hello?" Ume swallowed her ramen hurriedly and answered her phone.

"Ume ah."

It's Shinae.

"Why?"

"I just received the fax for next month's schedule and thought I'd tell you first. The recording on next Monday? It's your class boys!" she laughed.

"Really?"

"Yeah! So work up your script lady! It would be nice to expose some of them secrets in... "

"Hey, hey... you know I don't do stuff like that."

"Yet."

"."

"Anyway... enjoy your Saturday! I'm going out now!"

"Yah.. yah... you and your Hyunnie... you better make sure he foots the bill, you twit."

"Ja!"

Ume slid the phone screen and ended the call. But the phone rang again.

_______________________