Confession

Eleven

The video was dated one day ago. And Kyungsoo was leaner and older than she last remembered. 

But his trademark big eyes and wide grin remained.

 

It was a variety show where guests share their heartfelt stories, and Kyungsoo's tag read: "Baby don't cry."

 

"I was just a rookie when I met this lady. She was our relief language teacher before our debut. 

The first time I saw her, I was a bit intimidated and felt I should do everything right. She just looks so intelligent and someone you wouldn't want to mess with."

The other K members were seen nodding in unison. 

"But when we got to know her better, she had a very cute side to her and it was easier to get along with her. We had this overseas schedule and she came along with us, when we came back, I found myself having feelings for her."

"Did you confess your feelings for her?" the emcee asked.

"I wrote a note to her, but I don't know whether she saw it. She had a complicated relationship with a guy whom she left her hometown for, but the person didn't treasure her, there was one time I sent her back home, and she told me about her parents, that they passed away several years ago and she had been living alone for a long time in Korea. And at that point, I don't know why, I really feel like protecting her. I think my feelings were quite obvious to her then, but she suddenly said it's not possible between us."

"She rejected you?"

"She said at her age, it's the time when people get married and settle down. That I'm too young and financially, I'm just not able to support her. So after that day, I told myself I'll work hard and become a man she can rely on."

"Did you see her after that?"

"The last time I saw her was in the hospital, that period when I had food poisoning. And she told me she's leaving back for Taiwan."

"So that's the last time you saw her?"

"Yes."

"If you are to give a video message to her right now, what would you say?"

 

"Ah..." Kyungsoo fidgeted and smiled. 

The camera went in for a close-up.

 

"Hello, Ume. Noona."

The close up made Ume's heart stopped for a second. It was like he was looking right at her. 

"It's Kyungsoo. How are you doing? I'm doing well. Remember when you said I'm not financially suitable for you? I've been working hard and I think... I'm becoming the man you could rely on. Although I'm still lacking, but I will work even harder for you. I know... we have a big age difference, but it doesn't matter to me. You said 1+1 is not equal to 1. But Ume-ah...

1x1 is equal to 1."

He paused, his eyes staring straight at the camera.

 

"So, can we... become one?"

____________________

 

 

Thanks to the trusty fanbase, Ume gathered that the boys will be flying from Singapore back to Korea that night. Ume checked the flight timings. They should be due at 11pm.

She booked the next flight in from Taiwan to Korea.

_____________________