Twilight

Eleven

Kyungsoo was confused when he first saw them. 

What is going on?

But the moment saw Ume's expression, he knew she needed help. 

"Ah, Dae-hyungie..." His slight bow and cheery voice somehow made Jongdae lose his concentration and Ume successfully loosened from his grip. He couldn't tell whether D.O was acting innocent or just being plain dense. Ume rubbed her hand slightly from the soreness as Kyungsoo smiled again and casually moved towards Jongdae, creating a safe rift between them. "Have you had breakfast?"

"Ah.. no..." Jongdae's smile wavered. 

"Me neither, shall we go together?" He proceeded to lead Jongdae towards the breakfast hall whilst speaking to Ume: "And Ume noona, manager Park was looking for you upstairs, you better go soon."

"I-Is it?" Ume blinked. 

With his face turned away from Jongdae's, Kyungsoo's beam faded into a tender smile as he mouthed the word: "Go."

She was saved. Again.

_______________

 

The interview ended without hiccups.

As they were packing up to leave, the staff and members came forth with heaps of thanks. Kyungsoo was one of the first few.

"Noona, the members have a little gift for you..."

"You'll like it!!" Baekhyun grinned cheekily. Before they could continue, the K members were being led away for a last photo session.

We'll see you later... Kyungsoo uttered quietly to her, waving as they left the room. 

Ume tried to avoid Jongdae by concentrating on talking to a female staff, but he held out his hands for a handshake. The female staff politely stepped aside for him. Ume heaved a silent sigh as she reluctantly accepted his hand, Jongdae bowing and saying: "Thanks for the hard work." But then he pressed a note between her fingers before nonchalantly walking away. 

When Ume read the note afterwards, she was exasperated.

Meet me at the same place. Tomorrow 7 pm.

________________

 

The setting sun rays filtered through the glass windows of the quiet gym.

When her phone rang, Ume was jogging on the treadmill. She didn't bother stopping and reached across the machine. It was an unfamiliar number.

"Ah... Hello...?"

"Ume noona?"

"Yes?"

"It's Kyungsoo."

"--What?"

She almost fell off the mill when she froze in shock. Quickly stopping the machine, she stepped away.

"I'm Kyungsoo." She can almost hear his smile from the other end. 

"How did you get my number?" Ume couldn't catch her breath.

"Ah.. I asked manager Park. Would you be free later at 7 pm? We still had that gift to pass to you."   

Ume was actually meeting up with a freelancer for their upcoming project. But she fathomed the discussion will be short.

"I have an appointment in a cafe at Apgujeong, but it should end within an hour."

"Ah, I'll meet you there with the others later then. See you!"

"See you."

_____________________

 

Jongdae waited in his car by the river . He checked his watch again. 7 pm. 

She hasn't come. 

He glanced at his phone. His last text message was half an hour ago. No reply. 

Drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, Jongdae picked up his phone and searched for a number.

 

"Hello? Yes, how are you..." He smiled.

_________________

 

Hee hee...  expect one more chapter! Do leave comments if you are reading!! It will keep me goin on! Thanks!!!