Clash

Eleven

Ume spent the rest of the hours before breakfast at the hotel lounge catching up sleep. It didn't happen.

The moment she closed her eyes, images of Kyungsoo's hands, lips, and his eyes-pupils blown, as he closed in crippled her attempts for any decent mind rest. Her brain scrambled for a dozen possibilites that had made him acted that way.

He could be dreaming?

But his eyes had fluttered open and seen her.

Could he have mistaken her for someone else?

She doesn't know whether Kyungsoo has a girlfriend. Maybe that dim lighting made him see things.

After the questions started whirlpooling into a headache, Ume finally settled for a straight answer:

Whatever it is, 11 years of difference means nothing's going to change.

No matter what he or she thinks.

____________________

 

Jongdae immediately spotted Ume from a distance when she walked towards the lift. She had taken the chance to ask for a washing up session in one of the female stylists' room before breakfast, holding a bag of clothings they had kindly prepared for her once again.

Though he barely caught any sleep during the night, his whole body was on full alert as she came closer. She must be tired, because even when Jongdae's facing her directly just two metres away, she doesn't seem to notice him.

Ume was shocked when his hand touched her. Her heart leapt before she could control it. But when she turned and saw Jongdae, the momentary delight fell flat on its face.

"G-Good morning."

"Noona." He still had his hand on her, which was slowly making Ume uncomfortable. "When we return to Korea, I've got something to say to you. Can you spare me your time?"

Ume wanted nothing more to do with this person. Those eyes which used to melt her into submission had suddenly turned into something very different.

"We'll see about that." Ume moved to shake off his grip, but was surprised when he forcefully tugged her around to face him again.

"What is this-- " She started.

"Ume." 

His voice was firm.

He didn't just do that, did he? Calling her by her name?

"We need to talk."

"And you need to learn some manners." Her voice was icy cold. 

"I'm sorry... "

What?

"But I--"

 

"Ume noona?" That familiar voice prompted them both to turn around. 

Kyungsoo was standing in front of the lift, his expression unreadable. 

___________________