Class

Eleven

Ume followed the back of Shinae's colleague into the long corridors of the building. She didn't dare let her gaze wonder for fear she might meet him. Him.

"Here we are." 

Ume almost bumped headlong into the lady when she lost focus for that one second. She silently cursed herself. 

What now? He's still affecting you? Grow up, Ume.

"Thank you." She bowed as they made their way in. 

It was a small conference room with a highly unimaginative long table and dirty whiteboard. The boys were already seated. Five of them. 

The moment they saw her, chairs dragged and a unified greeting rang out. Ume bowed and greeted in return, smiling. In her heart, she was groaning to herself. 

Look at those youths, old lady. You are SOOOoooo OLD....

"Kai's not here today because he's still filming. He'll be back tomorrow." The lady broke her self-pitying thoughts.

"Ah, it's okay."

After exchanging introductions, the lady left.

Ume cleared and greeted the boys. 

"Hello... My name is Ume and... Yes?"

The tall boy was putting up his hand.

"Sam, how old are you?"

Ume resisted the urge to grab him by the collar and slap some courtesy into him. 

"Haha... I'm older than you all."

Another hand shot up. 

"Yes?"

The boy with his face the size of Ume's palm grinned: "You look young."

Ume let a small smile escape her lips, "Thank you." These brats... She hadn't wanted to, but she changed her tone to one that's still tender, but slightly emotionless. This tone is the one she usually reserves for her professional interactions, the one that grabs everyone's attention and gets subordinates quivering.

"Now..."

It worked. The cheeky grins subsided a little. 

"Shall we start class?"

_________________

It was easy. Ume allowed the boys a little teasing occasionally, but they always quickly obeyed when she puts on that face and tone.

The class was a breeze. Sehun and Joonmyun were always taking notes. Baekhyun and Chanyeol slightly more vocal with questions. And Kyungsoo, that boy had the most attentive eyes. Ever. 

When class was dismissed, she actually looked forward to coming back again. 

Even if Jongdae might be in the same building. 

__________________

 

"Are you trying to learn their lyrics as well?" 

Kai asked Kyungsoo, who had been listening to Exo-M's version of "Mama" for the umpteenth time and singing along at some parts.

"Well, since I'm standing in front, it makes sense to know some isn't it? When we perform together?"

"I guess so." Kai rubbed his hair with the bath towel. "I'm going to sleep."

Kyungsoo reflexively turned down the computer's speakers.

"How's the class today?"

"Ah... it's interesting."

"I heard the relief teacher is strict."

"She sounds strict. But she's very patient. And she looks intelligent."

"Very old?"

"I don't know. 25, 26-ish? She didn't mention her age."

"Pretty?"

"Not the word I'd use... rather... she's got an attractive disposition."

"Ah.. so she's not that pretty."

"Does that matter?"

"Well, it matters if I were to keep awake in class... "

Kai buried his face in his pillow. Kyungsoo didn't bother answering him any further.

____________________

Ume thanked God every time she graced the building she didn't see him.

It was the last lesson before Shinae's sister come back and Ume confidently walked towards the class with some choco pies in her hand. Class has been relaxed and fun. Today, she's going to play some games. She smiled to herself as she thought of the boys' possible wacky reactions. 

Ah... she is going to miss them calling her. Sam! Sam! 

 

 

"Noona?"

Ume stopped dead in her tracks. Before she could register the voice to her name, she saw him

 

 

Jongdae.

____________________

 

Ah... thanks for all ze love!!! I am happy so I updated again!