The Way I Am

Taeyeon One shotss!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7JDh9SKAY0 (THIS IS KIND OF BASED OFF THE MV, BUT DIFFERENT IN SOME WAYS!)

Taeyeon woke up with an odd aching feeling in her heart. She coughed hoping to loosen the feeling; however, the feeling stuck. She lay back and stared up at the ceiling. She looked over to see the date, January 18, exactly one year since she had let go. It was one year since she had chosen, one year.

~Flashback~

Taeyeon sat on her bed humming when her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"TAEYEON-AH!"

She cringed as the voice of her bestfriend rang in her ear.

"Ouch! Siwon no need to scream!"

"Sorry, anyways, will you meet me at the local park today at 10?"

"Sure."

Taeyeon smiled as she stood in front of her mirror. She felt joy at seeing him again, her best friend, helper, and crush. As she stared at her reflection, she saw the time. It read 10:05.

"Oh Crap!" she yelled while running out the house. By the time she reached the park, she was out of breath and late by ten minutes.

"Siwon!"

"Taeyeon! You're late!"

"Sorry!" She screeched as he gave her his death glare. "sorry!"

"Fine, sit down. I umm...I-I wanted t-to u-h...WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!?" He asked, pulling out a ring.

Taeyeon looked up. "Um, YES!"

She quickly turned to look away.

"Yes!!!!!" Siwon quickly hugged her. He grabbed her small hand and slipped the ring.

"Wait...FLOWERS!" He yelled and ran to the nearby flower store. Taeyeon giggled at his silly running style.

Siwon ran into the flower shop searching for her favorite flowers. "Here it is!" As he picked the flower bouqet up to buy, rain started falling from the sky.

"Uh oh." He quickly paid and ran out. "TAEYEON-AH!"

Taeyeon giggled at him and blocked the rain from her eyes. She watched as he started crossing the street. Then....BOOM!

Her eyes snapped wide open as he fell along with the newly bought flowers. "No..." she whispered. "NO!" She ran across the street and held him in her arms. "Siwon-ah! Siwon-ah! Wake up!"

"Taeyeon, I love you."

"NO!" She yelled and held him tighter. *Please God. Don't let him die. Please God. I'll do anything.* Tears ran down her face. Suddenly, a blinding light flashed in her face. She screamed trying to block it out. Then she saw, the way to keep him alive. Tears ran even faster now. She breathed in and out. BOOM! In front of her face, she saw time being turned around. All that had happened worked out backwards, until...

"Fine, sit down. I umm...I-I wanted t-to u-h...WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!?" He asked, pulling out a ring.

Taeyeon's eyes filled with sadness as she stared at the ring. She remembered how it fit perfectly on her hands, but he would never know that it was perfect for her, that she loved him too.

She lifted up the ring and saw his face fill with hope. *I'm sorry Siwon. I love you.* 

Holding her tears, she dropped the ring on the ground and ran away as fast as her legs would take her.

Siwon stood in shock as the ring bounced on the ground. 1...2...3...the ring rolled in a stop. He bent down to pick it up. He stared long and hard at the ring. His tears rolled freely down his face, and he gasped for breath. *Taeyeon-ah*

~Flashback ends~

Taeyeon stood up and stared at the mirror like she had that day. She wondered how he was doing. After the incident, she had moved away to her grandparents' place. She dressed and headed out for some coffee.The cold air felt nice against her pure white milky skin. She stepped into the cafe and bought a small black coffee. 

She stepped outside when she noticed a small silver ring with a diamond on it on the floor. She picked it up and examined it. It seemed that someone was going to propose. She was about to walk into the cafe when she noticed someone frantically searching the area. She walked up to him and asked, "Are you missing a ring?"

Siwon searched for the ring. *No, I can't lose it! Mom will kill me!* He was engaged to his father's friend's daughter. Of course it wasn't his decision, but he went along with it. After all, the one that held his heart had disappeared.

"Are you missing a ring?" *Her voice.* His heart beat faster as he recognized  the soft voice, the heavenly voice. *She's here.* He looked up the meet her eyes. *It is her.*

"Siwon?" Her heart ached. He looked so good. *Siwon-ah, I missed you.* 

"Yes, that is the ring I was looking for." Her heart shattered into pieces. He was getting married.

"Getting married." She faked a smile.

"Yes." He faked a smile.

"Well here. Um, nice meeting you again. Congratulations." She hurried away from him.

"Taeyeon-ah." His voice whispered her name. He wanted to run and grab her. He wanted to hold her and ask for another chance. He wanted to truly explain that he loved her so much that his heart would almost explode, but he couldn't. He was engaged. As he watched her cross the street, he saw a car...heading straight for her.

"TAEYEON-AH!"

Just as a car hit her, time seemed to stop. Rain started falling, and in the windshield of the car, he saw a scene play out.

He saw himself giving Taeyeon a ring. *Not this. I don't want to see my heart broken again.* But instead of her dropping the ring. He saw her stutter the word yes. He saw himself slip on the ring to her finger. He saw how the ring fit perfectly onto her finger and him panicking for flowers. He saw himself run and buy some. He saw himself run across the street...to be hit by a car. *Impossible.* He then saw Taeyeon crying her eyes out. Siwon's heart burned at the scene. What had happened? What was going on? His eyes let the tear drops fall down him face. He saw her praying. He saw a blinding light, and then he saw himself holding out a ring to her again. He saw her rejecting it. But it wasn't over. He saw her run home crying.

Why was she crying? He saw her yell sorry. He saw her yell "I love you Siwon. I'm sorry!" And time started again. Screams were heard as Taeyeon got hit. He ran for her as her small body hit the hard concrete.

"TAEYEON-AH! PLEASE! NO! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!" He yelled at her, wishing he could receive the same chance he had back then as Taeyeon did. But it was not given to him. No matter how much he pleaded.

As the life was leaving Taeyeon, she whispered to him. "I'm sorry, that's the way I am."