Lesson #8

A Little Lesson

 

             

               “Wha-what? Stargazing?” You try to keep your breath as Chanyeol holds your hand, running to somewhere.

               “Mhm.” Chanyeol nods his head and smiles, keeping his head straight.

               “W-wait, I- can’t run. Too. Tired.” You pant and drag your feet.

               Chanyeol stops and looks at you troubled. Suddenly, he picks you up and swings you onto his back. “Hold still, we’ll get there in no time my little human.” He looks at you, allowing you to feel his hot breath against your cheeks.

               His speed is definitely above an average human. Chanyeol took long, quick steps, making you tighten your arms around his neck. You can feel his warm body heat beneath your jacket, it made you blush at the thought that you were so close to him. Your heart was beating like crazy, a tingly feeling tug inside your heart.

               Please don’t let him hear my heartbeat.

               You smile and lay your head on his shoulder. You catch Chanyeol taking a quick glance and the corners of his mouth going up.

               “We’re here.” Chanyeol breathes deeply and lets you down slowly. You look at the view before you. It was a field that extended to the end where your imagination doesn’t bring you. The sweet spring grass was brushing against your ankles, with a hint of dripping night dew. You turn around, the shining moonlight was radiating Chanyeol’s smile.

               “H-How did you find this place?” You breathe.

               “It is an untouched piece of land. Estate companies have been trying to a hold it, for businesses purposes. However, they couldn’t find the owner that the land was granted to.”

               “Where did the owner go?” You ask.

               “You’re looking at one of them.” Chanyeol smiles again, “This is EXO Planet’s property.”

               You look at Chanyeol, surprised. “Why?”

               “Here, I’ll show you.” Chanyeol pulls you deeper into the field where the sounds of the city life can no longer be heard. You and Chanyeol lie down and look at the endless sky above you. It was silent, along with the steady rhythm of Chanyeol’s breathing and the wind echoing in the night air. The stars above, sparkled like lost diamonds scattered on a table. However, one of the stars was omitting a sapphire blue light.

               “That star—it-it’s glowing blue!” You exclaim, amazed at the view.

               “________, that’s not a star.” Chanyeol laughs, “That’s EXO, my home planet.”

               You turn and face Chanyeol, “It’s beautiful…” You whisper. “Do you ever feel…homesick?”

               A light chuckle comes out of Chanyeol, “Of course I do…I miss my mother and even her constant complaints about me fooling around too much.” He pauses for a while and you catch a twinkle in his eye. “But I love it being here as well, with you.” Chanyeol turns his around to meet your gaze and takes you hand in his.

               You look away shyly without saying a word. You wanted to tell him that you enjoy his company too but your brain and heart just didn’t function together. The warm silence just enfolded the night as the both of you look at the night sky.  

               “C-can you tell me about your home?” You suddenly ask, breaking the awkward silence.

                “Well, I don’t really know how to describe it. It’s not like earth. We don’t have daytime and nighttime since our planet doesn’t rotate around the sun.”

               “Whoa…” You let out an amazed gasp, “Then you must trip and fall everywhere since it’s so dark.” You blurt out, then realizing how stupid you sound.

               Chanyeol’s deep laughter rings in your ears, giving you a feeling of security. “As you can see, our planet is a light source itself, powered by Baekhyun. Just like how fire is controlled by me on EXO.” Chanyeol looks at you as you nod your head in comprehension. “You should come see it.”

               “What?” You ask, surprised at Chanyeol’s sudden suggestion.

               “EXO. You should come. I-It’s beautiful. The sky is a like a canvas of dark blue and purple with all the stars in the solar system visible upon your eyes.” Chanyeol’s eyes twinkle with excitement as he starts describing. “It gets a little chilly though, but don’t worry, I’ll be with you and warm you up with my fire.” He smiles.

               You return his smile and giggle. Such place seems like it is beyond the reality you live in. But for once, you neglect your logical sense and believe Chanyeol full heartedly.

               “Sounds like an amazing place.” You murmur with a smile.

               “Mhmm.” Chanyeol agrees and continues looking at the sky.

               This time, the silence between the both of you is comfortable, knowing that both of you trusted each other’s existence.

               “________?”

               “Yeah?” You reply, eyes closed.

               “I know I haven’t ask you officially…but, I don’t think I can ever fall in l-love with another person. W-would you like to be my girlfriend?” Chanyeol rolls over and lifts himself with his arms, face to face with you.

               You open your eyes and stare straight into the intense gaze of Chanyeol’s eyes. These were the words that you’ve been waiting for since you started falling for Chanyeol. But you just couldn’t seem to react to it.

               With no response, Chanyeol looks down disappointedly and rolls back to his place. “I’m sorry for asking such an absurd question. I shouldn’t be asking more since you’re already helping me…Just pretend that I didn’t ask y-”

               You quickly give a small peck on Chanyeol’s lips.

               “Yes.” You whisper, “Yes. Yes. Yes.”

               Chanyeol looks at you in shock then slowly develop into a smile.

               “I love you, ________.” He breaths and cups your cheeks in his hands bringing you closer for a longer kiss under the moonlight.

 

 

a/n: SORRY GUYS HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR SO LONG >< HUHU been so busy with school ><

hope you guys like it~ please subscribe/ comment ^^