Lesson #4

A Little Lesson
 

You slide your feet inside the car seat and pull the door close. Chanyeol inserts a key in the ignition and the car lets out a rumbling sound. Although these kinds of things never matter to you, it never occurred to you that you would be sitting inside a red Maserati sports car. You wonder how many poor children in suffering countries the price of this car could feed.

               “Is it necessary?”

               “What is?” Chanyeol asks, taking a quick glance at you then returning his eyes on the road.

               “This…kind of luxury…” You pause, “I just can’t imagine what other wonderful possibilities I can use with that amount of money.”

               “You…don’t like it?” Chanyeol noticing the discomfort you feel about the car.

               “It’s beautiful, but…” You hold your breath, “Nevermind.” You turn and give a small smile to Chanyeol.

               Seriously, ________. Don’t be so fussy about it, it isn’t even your car. You sigh and give yourself a mental whack in the head. You feel Chanyeol’s gaze on you but can’t really comprehend what he is thinking, causing you to look out the window casually.

               “Sup.” A voice booms. You quickly turn around and see something sitting at the back of the car.       

               “Oh, Kai. Good morning.” Chanyeol smiles.

               Oh, so it is the person who helped us yesterday.

               Kai stares at you as if he knew that you finally recognized him. You smile and give a small bow, “Hi, I haven’t officially introduced myself, I am __________. Thank you for helping us last night.” Kai smirks and leans in to your face.

               “How about a kiss for reward?”

               Chanyeol quickly pushes Kai’s face away with his right hand but keeping the rest of his attention on the road. “Yah, Kai, don’t play with hyung’s girl like that.” You blush slightly as his remark about you.

               “Jeez, I was just joking.” Kai rubs his cheeks, “You’re no fun.”

               It was kind of surprising for you to see the side of Chanyeol that was less, well, childish, he spoke to Kai with some kind of authority in his voice, unlike with you.

               Soon enough, the campus comes into the view. Chanyeol parks in front of the university campus garden, grabbing the attention of many students.

               Great, this is what I didn’t want to happen…You get off the car, covering your face with your bag, trying to make it down low as possible. However, Chanyeol and Kai did the complete opposite. The both of them looked like a model getting off and slamming the car door hard.

               You check your phone, because of the ride from Chanyeol, you have plenty of time before class starts. However, you still attempt to sneak away from the noticeable two.

               “________, where are you going?” Chanyeol jogs to where you are and stops you from walking so fast, “Show me around the school.” He sings.

               “Um, sure, but where will you guys go while I’m in class?” You ask.

               “We’ll also enroll then!” Chanyeol exclaims in excitement.

               “What? Enrolling? You guys are kidding right?” Chanyeol grins and bobs in head up and down.

“I’m hungry, can we eat?” Kai whines at the back. Both you and Chanyeol ignore Kai and continue talking.

“Of course, we can’t miss out any human experiences we can have on earth.” Chanyeol says with a smile.

But nobody just comes into the school in the middle of semester with amazingly good looks and drives a freaking Maserati. The attention you two will get…

You let out a deep sigh. “I’ll bring you two to the admission centre after class, you guys just look around the school while I’m away okay?”

               Chanyeol agrees and walks you to your faculty building.

               “I said I’m hungry!” Kai complains with an annoyed tone in his voice.

               “I’ll bring you to you a café or something.” Chanyeol replies Kai’s continuous statement calmly.

               “I’ll meet you guys there after class then.” You add on.

               You wave goodbye to the boys and enter the building. You take your regular seat in the classroom and wait for the professor to enter.

               “Hey _______....” A high voice behind you whispers, you turn around and see a group of giggling female students, “Those boys you were walking with, are they new?” Another girl asks.

               “Yeah, kind of…I guess.” You smile then turn away and read your notes.

               From the back, you can hear the girls whisper to each other with things like “I told you so” or “Oh my gosh, I’m so excited!” Then one of the girls tap on your shoulder again, “_______-sshi, we should hang out more often! We thought that you would be snobby, but you’re actually really nice.”

Nobody ever talks to you in class except an occasional “Good job” when the test marks are out. Now, one morning with two good looking boys and a group of girls are eager to be your friends. You can’t really say that you didn’t like the friendliness from them, after all, you do get a little lonely when people only talk to you about the test and homework.

               “Yeah, sure, I’d love you.” You shyly smile.

               “Great, I’m Haeji by the way.” She beams, “My friends are a bit…crazy over your friends. Just…don’t mind them.” She laughs.

               “Hahaha no problem, they are kind of eye catching…” You sheepishly admit.

               You and Haeji get to know each other better while the other girls would sometimes ask you a question about Chanyeol and Kai. Once the professor came in, all of you silenced your mouths and paid attention to class.