Lesson #18

A Little Lesson

 

 

Kai's POV

    "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" I ask her sternly.

   She stares hard at me and nod, "I would do anything for Chanyeol."
 
  At that moment, I suddenly know how it feels to be heartbroken, jealous, and genuinely sad.

  I want her so bad, so bad that I wish I can just take her away and leave my brother alone suffering. My heart may be telling me to do indecent actions, but I'm still conscious enough to do the right thing.

  Chanyeol was always there for me. In front of many people, he may seem childish, immature, excessively playful. But I know that he's the best brother that I could ever ask for. I still remember that time when I was 10 years old, Chanyeol was 12 but he acted like he was the same age as me and Sehun.



  "Let's go horseback riding!" I suggested.

  "Okay!" Chanyeol hyung enthusiasticly claps his hands together, "I'll go tell Mother!"

  I quickly pull him back, "Hyung! Are you stupid? Mother says we can't be out after the moon rises." Chanyeol stares at me blankly, eyes sparkling with confusion and lost.

  "You mean...you want to go behind her back?" He gasps, and I quickly clasp my hand over his mouth.

  "Not so loud! Do you want Sehunnie to hear?" I whisper.

  "Why can't we tell Sehunnie?"

  "Sehunnie will make us bring him, or else he will tattletale to Mother." I cross my arms, "You know what a cry baby he is."

  "Jongin, I don't think we should go. It's dark out and we don't know the trail well. Besides, you just received Black Pearl a few days ago on your birthday, she's not familiar with you yet." Chanyeol hyung explains.

  "She's MY horse! Of course I'll be able to ride her." I frown, "Fine, if hyung doesn't want to come with. I'll go alone."

  I watch Chanyeol's eyebrows scurrow together as he thinks deeply about his decision.

  "I'll go. I can't let my Jonginnie go into the night alone." He lets out his signature silly grin and ruffles my hair.

  "Don't call me thaat." I complain, "I'm KAI. KAI. KAIIIIIII."

  Chanyeol hyung nonchalantly agrees



  The night was comfortable. I close my eyes softly and enjoy the wind blowing against my face.

     Suddenly, something shifts underneath my legs, causing Black Pearl to panic. I try patting her mane to calm her down, but it was useless. She starts speeding up, neighing in the dark. Hyung quickly looks back, bringing Heatwave to slow. I pull on the reins, but Black Pearl doesn't respond and knocks Chanyeol and Heatwave off the trail.

    "Hyung! Hyung! Help me!" I shout. Black Pearl wildly goes into a fallen log, causing me to fall off and land onto the hard rock floor.

    Due to the dark night and my semi-conscious state, I don't feel anything but the sharp pain on my left arm. The last thing I see is Chanyeol hyung limping towards me and screaming my name.


     "It was my idea. Please don't punish Jongin because of my mistakes."

     I open my eyes and see two blurry figures, one on their knees and the other standing.

    "Slap!" I suddenly see Mother's hands hitting against Hyung's cheeks. "Your idea of 'fun' caused your little brother to be hurt! Chanyeol, your careless attitude is always bringing trouble. I've always told you 12 to be indoors after the moon rises. If it wasn't for Tao who saw you two sneaking out, do you know what could've happened to you two?"

    "I'm really sorry, Mother." Hyung's eyes stare onto the floor, the hint of tears wavering in the corner. "Please let me be responsible for what I've done. I'll accept any punishment."

     "Chanyeol, you are banned from outdoors. With any free time you have, you are to be copying the 'Book of Discipline' onto paper.

      Chanyeol looks up with a surprised look, "Everything?"

    "Everything. You are not allowed to request help from anyone. Understood?" Mother looks down, demanding for an answer.

    "Yes Mother." Chanyeol hyung replies. I watch Mother's figure walk towards me, then kisses me on the forehead.

     "Rest well, Jongin." And she disappears into white smoke.

    Seeing Mother completely gone, I try to sit up, catching hyung's attention.

    "Jongin, what are you doing? Go rest some more." Chanyeol walks towards me with patches on his leg.

    "Chanyeol hyung, what happened to your leg?" I ask.

     "Just sprained it, don't worry Jongin." He reassures me by giving me a smile. I also notice the scratches on his arm and the cut on his cheekbone.

    "Hyung...I'm sorry." I couldn't look at Chanyeol hyung straight in the face, ashamed of my actions. "I should've listened to you...now Mother is punishing you."

    Chanyeol laughs and ruffles my hair, "Jongin-ah, you heard wrong. Mother was just telling me to take care of you." He pinches my cheek, "Don't worry!"

      I didn't know why Chanyeol hyung was hiding his punishment but I didn't ask anymore questions and went back to sleep.


     "Kai?" You stare at him, stunned in his spot.

    As if he returned back to earth, Jongin looks at you and gives you a smile. Maybe you are overanalyzing it, but the smile feels...bitter.

     "Close your eyes." He whispers.

     And then it went all black.

 

a/n: hehe...im finally updating ...

please dont kill me for being so slow ;A;

i promise i'll stop cliff hanging in the next chapter >u<