Lesson #15

A Little Lesson
           

              Unable to respond to the situation, you quickly head back to your home. Kai tried to stay with you to make sure you were okay but you told him to give you some time alone to think. Reluctantly, he left after he saw you arriving home safely. You sit the sofa, thinking of all possibilities and excuses to what you just saw.

               Maybe that wasn’t him.

               Maybe she forced it on him.

               Maybe I saw wrong.

               Maybe it was a bad angle.

               Maybe it was only a whisper.

               Maybe…I am not good enough for him.

               Maybe…Chanyeol is tired of me.

               Your heart starts to stiffen as if the walls of your ribcage is compressing inside, causing difficulty to breathe. This thought starts to tear your heart and mind apart, draining the energy out of you. However, you won’t let yourself cry, you knew you were stronger than this. Conscience starts to slowly leave you, causing you to fall asleep.

               Your eyes flutter open to hear the sounds of clanging keys unlocking the door. Immediately, you sit straight and start approaching the door. Chanyeol takes a small step back once he notices your lifeless figure before you.

               “Hey Love, what’s wrong? You look…dead.” Chanyeol chuckles softly as he puts his bag down. No kisses, no hugs, no hyper Chanyeol begging for skinship, nothing. Something is definitely wrong.

               You, having a blunt personality, went straight to what made you restless in the last couple of hours.

               “Was that you kissing Seo Yura today at the library?” Your voice fills the silent room with tension, causing both you and Chanyeol to stand still.

               You watch as Chanyeol’s figure from behind stand straight, reaching to his real height, and for once, you were afraid of the man you love. In the blink of an eye, Chanyeol presses you against the wall, head tilting down to meet your gaze. The expression on his face shows amusement.

               “I guess there’s no use in hiding it anymore.” He chuckles, the sound that once warmed your heart sounded so foreign to you.

               Your eyes widen as you attempt to push his tall body again, only to be pressed against the wall harder.

               “There’s no use in fighting me, my little human.” Chanyeol whispers into your ear.

              You could feel your body breaking down, disintegrating as if the life is being out of you. But no, you won’t let yourself, not in front of Park Chanyeol.

               “Why are you doing this?” You make out, barely a whisper.

               Park Chanyeol smirks, “Why wouldn’t I do this?”

               “The Park Chanyeol I know wouldn’t have done this to me!” You scream, holding back the tears.

               “Well, I guess you don’t know Park Chanyeol as well as I do then.” He gives you a smile once again, so full of insincerity, so full of mockery, so full of coldness.

               Your body shudders from the stranger’s touch. Chanyeol was right, you don’t know him, not this side of him. It felt as if an actor just finished presenting his perfect play, revealing his true nature.

               “If it makes you feel any better, I was once infatuated with you. But I’m a man, I have needs. Hugs and kisses won’t just do it.”

               Your fists clenches into a ball, trying to restrain yourself from hurting him. However, it was too late, the sound of your palm slapping against his cheeks echoes through the room. You stand there, stunned for your actions, surprised that your anger got the best of you.

               Park Chanyeol starts laughing, allowing you to finally realize why some people saw his smile as horrifying. You can’t bring yourself to believe that the monster that stood before you is the same man that you love and trusted.

               “I must admit, I deserved that.” He gently dabs the red mark on his cheek with his fingers. “But you can’t blame me. You were the one who chose to believe me. You can’t possibly be naïve enough to think that my heart will be only filled with you.”  His words hurt you like injections of venom into your skin.

               You couldn’t hold it anymore, your tears were threatening to fall if Park Chanyeol says another word about the biting truth.

               “Leave.” You hiss.

               Park Chanyeol gives his heartless smile once again, “Your wish is my command, my little human.”

               You cringe at his nickname for you, once said with innocence and pure love. Park Chanyeol turns around and starts walking to the door, then stops at this feet to turn to you again.

               “By the way, Kai has always been in love with you but you were always too obsessed with me to notice it.” He smirks, then exits the apartment.

               Your legs immediately go weak, causing your body to slide against the wall until you’ve hit the floor. Tears violently streaked down, staining your cheeks. Your whole body was shivering in mixed emotions. Your heart was aching, but once you thought of the real side of Park Chanyeol, you shudder in fury, then turning into fear. You feel so stupid, stupid enough to have fallen in love with Park Chanyeol so easily, stupid enough to think that everything you shared with him was real. Every kiss, every hug, every smile, every simple movement to show his curiosity in finding what love is. You hug yourself against your knees, protecting yourself. Then you realize that nothing can hurt you right now, not when you are already at the bottom of the pit. Your cries soon turn into sniffles as you slowly fall asleep in the state of mess. However, one thing never leaves your mind, even in your dreams.

               Kai is in love with you.

 

a/n: Chanyeol doesn't have a heart 3

hahaha even tho Yeol is always a happy virus, I've always felt that

there's a cold/clever side to him...MAYBE NOT AS EVIL AS I MADE HIM TO BE

but yeah..hehehe

on another note, i still can't bring me to forgive myself for running away

when i was scouted by a cube representative.

...

even though it's a super slight chance,

i just threw away my first and only step to meeting exo

OH GOD WHY.