Lesson #6

A Little Lesson

             

               “What the hell are you guys saying?” You stop walking and face the two.

               “Calm down ________, listen to us explain first.” Chanyeol says, “It’s not as bad as it sounds.”

               You take a deep breath and wait for their explanation.

              “Our mother, the queen on EXO planet, told us that there are 6 counterparts in total. However, it is the rule that the elder one is chosen to find the counterpart, who is me.”

               “Because Chanyeol hyung is older than me, the responsibility goes to him.” Kai adds on.

               You stare at the Chanyeol and Kai who stood in front of you, desperate for your reply.

               “Can you guys give me some time? I-I need to think about this clearly.” You mumble.

               They nod their heads. “Where are you going? I’ll drive you.” Chanyeol offers.

               You shake your head, “No…I’ll take the bus, thanks.” You smile at them and walk away.

               The clouds fill up the sky while you wait at the bus stop. You felt bad, leaving them like this. However, you realized that you really should have thought about the consequences before promising to help Chanyeol.

               “Sch…” The bus hisses as it comes to a stop. You walk in and beep the machine with your bag and find the closest seat available.

               I guess I said yes to Chanyeol because I believed that there is finally someone to talk to in my life. But this isn’t something like lending homework to my classmates. And what happens when he is done his mission? Are his actions truly genuine, or is he just being nice so I can help him?

               You lean against the glass window and peer out the view. Do I really know what I’m signing myself up for? You stare blankly outside as blurs of green trees and old brick buildings come into your view, you were back in your neighbourhood again. The bus slowly stops at its final station and you walk off the platform.

               “This is just too unpredictable…” You mumble to yourself, “I’m going to call him tomorrow morning and apologize…I’m just not the person for this…”

               You open the door with your rusty keys and drop your bag on the worn couch. I’ll take a shower and get out of these clothes, they aren’t mine. You pull the tap handle and fairly cool water starts running out. You have to admit, the water wasn’t soothing and warm but it wasn’t anything that can’t be endured. You squeeze your hair as the water drips down and wrap a towel around yourself. You change into a set of comfortable track suit when you hear sounds outside the bathroom. You peek through a small hole through the broken doorknob and see a dark figure searching through your bag.

                “Chanyeol?” You whisper quietly. The figure quickly turns to the bathroom door.

                "WHO’S THERE!” He yells, and bangs the door loudly. It wasn’t him, it wasn’t Chanyeol.

                 It was a thief.

                 You quickly lock the knob but remembered that it was broken. You push against the opposing force and turns off the lights.

                 “I know you’re in there…” A coarse voice chuckles, “If you come out nicely I’ll make sure you get treated well.”

                  “I-I’m going to call the police if you don’t leave.” You put all your strength pulling the door and tries to sound as calm as possible.

                  The man laughs, “Babe, I know that your phone is in your bag, not with you.”

                   I should have expected this coming, this neighbourhood has horrible security. I should have added a double lock to my door.

                   “Aghh!” You slide backwards as the door flings open.

                    The man smiles at you and pulls you up from the ground. “I wasn’t expecting any visitors, this is even better.” You smell his beer breath in your face.

                   “Get away from me, just take what you want and leave!” You scream, hoping that people outside could hear you.

The man laughs again and pushes you on the couch. “Why don’t we have a little fun?” He whispers in your ear.

                   “G-get away!” You struggle and push away his big stature, but it was no use. You squeeze your eyes shut as you feel hear the sounds of ping your jacket.

                    Suddenly, the lights go out. The front door slams open with a shadow standing the doorway, holding a ball of fire in his hands.

                   “Ch-Chanyeol…” You whisper.

                   “W-who are you!” The man backs away from you and stares at the figure in horror.

                   “How dare you hurt my girl…” Chanyeol growls. You stare into his eyes, the innocence and kindness you’ve seen before disappeared and is replaced with cruelty and blood-thirst.

                    Chanyeol slams the man against the wall, you can hear the sounds of the brick wall’s cracking. He takes his flame and burns the man’s skin. You hear the mortified screams of the man.

                    “Chanyeol, stop! You’re going to kill him.” You stand up and shout. But it was no use, Chanyeol’s eyes were filled with desire to kill.

                    The flame was getting closer to the man’s face. You quickly run to Chanyeol and hug him from the back.

                     “Chanyeol, you can stop now. I’m safe.” You whisper, hoping to knock some conscience back into him.

                     You watch as Chanyeol’s eyes turn from a fiery red to dark brown again. The fire in his hands disappears as he turns to you and wraps his arms around you. The man watches the two of you in fear and scurry away.

                      “I’m so sorry…I couldn’t control myself. I-I was late, I should have rescued you earlier.” Chanyeol whispers in your ear.

                      “It’s okay, I’m fine now…” You smile.

               You and Chanyeol pull away and he caresses your cheek gently.

               “Did he hurt you in any way?” He speaks quietly.

               “No, you came just in time…” You smile, “How did you know I was here anyways?”

               Chanyeol looks at you with a deep gaze, “I was listening to the radio in the car when I heard about the reported cases of a robber in your neighbourhood. I knew I had to come here right away.”

               “Thank you Chanyeol, for saving me.” You whisper, “Thank you…”

               “Will you come home with me then?” Chanyeol asks with hope in his eyes.

               You nod your head. You just couldn’t say n, you found yourself falling for Park Chanyeol already.