Lesson #16

A Little Lesson

              

              

               “You’re an idiot.” Kai growls as slams Chanyeol against the velvet wall.


               Kai couldn’t stop worrying about you after he dropped you off at the apartment. He went to check up on you and the only thing he heard was your muffled cries of sorrow. Right away, he knew that it was the doing of his hyung.

               “________...it’s me, Jongin.” Kai whispers to the door, “What happened?” Kai hoped that you would open the door and let him in.

               “Jongin…I-l need some time alone,” You stuttered with hickups from crying too much, “Can you come back another time?” Your voice sounded more of a statement than a suggestion.

               “What happe-“

               “Please Jongin…give me some time alone…” You plead softly, sounding as if you were about to break if the conversation continued. Reluctantly, Kai turns around and slams his fist against the wall, feeling pathetic that he was unable to comfort you. Enraged by heartbreaking sounds of the girl he loves, his heart was being tore up as well along with yours. Without a minute to lose, Kai found himself standing in front of the hotel room where Chanyeol is staying for the night.


               Chanyeol keeps his head low, staring at the floor, showing no signs of restraint against Kai’s attacks.

               “LOOK AT ME!” He roars, hitting his brother’s body to the wall once again, desperate for some response. A light but hopeless chuckle escapes from Chanyeol’s lips, who then slowly raises his head.

               Kai flinches in surprise. The man that stands before him isn’t the hyperactive hyung that he loves to tease and joke around with. This Chanyeol…was different. Although he carries a smile, his eyes show something else, something painful, something broken.

               “Jong-in ah.” Chanyeol whispers, putting a bitter smile across his face, “Why did you stop…? Continue what you were doing…I deserve every single ing punch in the world…”

               Kai’s eyes widen in realization. He should have known Chanyeol’s motives earlier, how could he forget? Everything, everything Chanyeol did to you was only to protect you. Kai’s grip on Chanyeol’s shirt weakens as he takes a small step back.

               “You’re still an idiot…” Kai mutters, “Do you really think that breaking her heart is going to save her?” His voice cracks, feeling so stupid for doubting Chanyeol’s love for you.

               The whole room went silent, both of them didn’t know what to say.

               “I…could feel it,” Chanyeol mutters, “everyday, her life and energy being away.” His body shudders as his eyes flutter in Kai’s direction. “I can’t do it anymore. I was forced to watch the girl I love being drained of energy. And who’s doing this? ME. I’m responsible for taking her life slowly to save a ing tree.”

               Kai drops onto the bed and runs his hand through his dark colored hair. “You are so dead.” He sighs, “Mother’s going to kill you.”

               A small laugh escapes from Chanyeol’s lips, causing Kai to stare at him in surprise, “What can possibly make you laugh in a situation like this?” his voice slightly hissing.

               Chanyeol pulls into an even wider grin. “Remember that one time when I was 8 and you were 6. We lied to Kyungsoo that there was a giant “beastie” living in the closet of the West Corridor.” His breath starts to get choppy from the supressed laughters, “He got so freaked out, he couldn’t sleep for days! Mother got so angry at me for being a bad role model for you, do you still remember what you said afterwards?”

               Kai laughs softly, nodding his head.

               “Hyung! You are so dead! Mother’s going to kill you! What should I do? What should I do?” Chanyeol imitates the 6 year old Kai with a pitchy voice.

               “Yah, I did not sound like that.” Kai growls.

               “Really? Do you want to ask Tao for a glimpse of our memory?” Chanyeol raises his eyebrow, entertained at the embarrassed and frustrated Kai. “Alright, I’ll stop teasing you.” A deep chuckle ends the pleasant mood as a more serious expression appears on Chanyeol’s face once again.

               “Jong-in ah. Take care of her for me.” Chanyeol whispers, “Do anything to make her forget about me, anything.”  

               Kai widens his eyes at Chanyeol, then gives a soft nod. “I will never be able to make up your spot in her heart…but I’ll try my best.”

               “You better.” Chanyeol grins, showing his childish side once again.


               “We broke up.” You mutter.

               “Wha-what? What happened? Why so sudden?” Haeji  asks franticly, confused to why you and Chanyeol broke up. Everything seemed so perfect, the way he looks at you, there was no doubt that Chanyeol sees you as more precious than his own life.

               “We broke up, that’s all.”

               “Th-there must be some sort of misunderstanding.” Haeji starts to talk softly, trying to comfort your current feelings, “I saw the way he looked at you, it was…pure love. I don’t mean to sound annoying bu-“

               “Well you do.” You snap, “It’s not so hard to understand, Haeji. We broke up. People get tired of things. People get tired of each other. Chanyeol got sick of me! What else is there to know?” You clench your jaw and bite each word out, killing youself a little more inside at the reminder.

               Any normal friend will be offended by your words, but instead, Haeji pulled you into a hug and pat your back. “It’s okay…It’ll be okay, _______. I’m here for you okay?” She soothingly whispers to you, allowing the tears that you’ve been holding back to spill.

               “I-I love him so much…” You cry, “H-how could he do this do me?” voice choking from the constant sobbing and dialogue.

               “Forget about him…you’ll be okay.” Haeji sooths your hair, feeling angered that her best friend is crying because of Chanyeol.

               “I saw him, with Seo Yura.” You mumble, wiping the tears away.

               Haeji hisses the name repeatedily in her head.

               Somebody is going to get it.

 

a/n: god haven't updated for ages...

I prob will end this story soon.. hehe

anyways, u guys are hilarious LOL

UGH now i want to audition for SM and make kris call me

delusional.