Lesson #7

A Little Lesson

              

               You sit down holding a cup of green latte, noticing the sly expression Haeji had on her face.

               “What?” You laugh, taking a sip of the hot drink.

               “So it’s true, right?” She smirks, waiting for you spill it out.

               “What?”

               “You, dating Park Chanyeol.” Haeji whispers with delight.

               You laugh as you place the cup down. “We’re just friends, Haeji.”

               “Sure…really…really…close friends…” Haeji trails off, giggling in your response. “I know I’ve only known you for a week, but I’m not too oblivious to not notice you and Chanyeol’s relationship.”

               You smile, it was true. You and Haeji just met a week ago but you already felt like you knew her all your life. You finally felt happy, you finally have a friend. You stare at your phone.

               “Ah, I have to go now.” You said, looking sad at her.

               “Yeah, just leave me here while you go have fun with Chanyeol.” Haeji shrugs.

               As if Chanyeol heard his name, you see his figure slide through the door of the coffee shop.

               “_______!” He shouts and waves like a kid.

               “Bye!” You whisper to Haeji, “You’re the best.”

               You quickly scammer to Chanyeol, “Not so loud…didn’t I tell you that before?”

               “Oops, sorry.” Chanyeol mouths and playfully zips his mouth shut.

               You and Chanyeol walk out of the shop as he leads you to a bus stop.

               “You didn’t drive today?”

               “I-I sold it. My car.” Chanyeol looks down.

               “I thought you liked your car.” You said.

               “I do, but…you said…the children…” He mumbles.

               You pause for a while.

               “Thank you Chanyeol.” You smile, breaking the silence. Those two words did not cover the amount of gratitude you had for Chanyeol. However, you, being the girl who has trouble showing her affections, were only able to say those words.

               “You’re welcome.” Chanyeol smiles, happy at your reaction.

               “So…what’s on our schedule today?” You clap your hands excitedly.

               “There’s a flea market down by Ewha Women’s University…” Chanyeol suggests, sounding a bit shy.

               The bus arrives and you use the machine with your bus card.  “For two please.”

               Beep. Beep.

               Chanyeol looks at the machine in awe.

               “Whoaa!” He gasps. You laugh and push him along the pathway before he blocks the people walking in. The bus was quite unsteady, Chanyeol holds you close while he stands on the platform like a statue. Due to his tall height, the hanging handles kept on hitting his head, collecting giggles from girls on the bus.

               You look up and stare in the eyes of Chanyeol. It radiated with innocence and interest, completely different from what you saw that night. You smile to yourself, glad that the sane Chanyeol was back.

               “We’re here.” You said as you pull Chanyeol off the bus.

               Once you two arrive at the university, the whole school was filled with market stalls and loud chatter. You look around and notice that many girls were whispering to each other while pointing at Chanyeol.

               His tall build gets a lot of attention, huh? You look down your body, feeling a little jealous that you were short.

               You and Chanyeol walk side by side, examining the merchandises on each stall. His hands bump into yours a few times, as if he was trying to hint something.

               “Chanyeol.” You call.

               “Hm?” Chanyeol raises his head and turns his attention to you.

               “I won’t bite you if you want to hold my hand.” You laugh. Chanyeol stares at you in shock and embarrassment then quickly pulls a foolish grin. He quickly pulls your hand in his and smiles satisfied to himself.

               You stop at a stall that sold small accessories like rings, bracelets, and many more. Everything was so intricately detailed and designed. Your eyes fall upon a phone chain of a flaming heart. You smile, quickly thinking of Chanyeol.

               “Do you like it?” The old lady asks. You nod your head unconsciously then realize that the woman was talking to you.

               “Oh yes, it’s beautiful.” You study the hand-blown black glass heart was wrapped around with fiery flames that sparkled under the sunlight.

               “Actually it’s a couple accessory.” The old lady smiles and lifts up the matching pendant with a white heart. Chanyeol glances at you.

               “How much is it for?” He asks, preparing to take his wallet out.

               “There isn’t a price.”

               “W-why not?” Chanyeol asks in surprise, causing you to look up as well.

               “That is because there isn’t a price for love. You can never use money to buy someone’s feelings.” The old lady smiles.

               “Oh…” Chanyeol looks down disappointedly.

               “Since you two are so cute together, here, have it.” The old lady takes the two chains and hands it to you and Chanyeol.

               “H-Halmoni, we aren’t dating!” You shake your head.

               “I know, but I’m trying to make things easier for this poor fellow here. He’s trying very hard to win your heart, dear.” The lady laughs and puts the chains into Chanyeol’s hand. “Treat her well.” She whispers.

               Chanyeol grins and starts bowing.

               “Thank you Halmoni! You’re the best!” He leans over the table and gives her a hug.

               “Oh, aren’t you a happy boy.” The old lady gasps in surprise and returns his hug.

               You smile at the scene of a teenage boy happily hugging an old granny. This is definitely something you don’t see everyday. It made your heart flutter with warmth and happiness.

               After saying hundreds of thank you and good bye, you pull Chanyeol away before he disrupts her other businesses. As you and Chanyeol continue walking along the path, you stare at the new accessory hanging from your cellphone.

               “Thank you Chanyeol.” You grin, “I love it.”

               Chanyeol smiles at your expression. He watches as the corners of your mouth slant up and your eyes turn into a half crescent shaped moon.

               The days starts to grow dark as the sun sets.

               “Let’s go eat dinner!” Chanyeol grins. You nod your head agreeingly and walk to the Japanese restaurant across the street.

               As you were about to sit down, Chanyeol pulls your chair out.

               “My lady.” He smiles.

               You sit down. “Thank you. When did you become such a gentleman?” You laugh.

               “I was watching shows from that black screen, and that’s what the boy did when they were in a restaurant!” Chanyeol explains in excitement, “Oh, oh! And I also learned a new word!”

               “What is it?” You ask, looking up from the menu.

               “AYO WADDUP!” Chanyeol shouts loudly. All the people in the restaurant look at him with shocked expressions. Usually you would be scolding Chanyeol for being so loud, but the moment was just too funny, you hide your head in the menu and start laughing.

               “Chanyeol,” You laugh, “Please don’t do that again. I’m tearing up because of you.”

               Chanyeol looks around, confused why everyone and you are giggling at him.

               When the sushi came, you put some wasabi and pour soysauce into Chanyeol’s small dish. You pick up a chopped scallop roll and dip it gently before putting it into your mouth.

               “Remember, don’t soak your sushi with the soysauce, a little is enough.” You remind him, finishing your demonstration. Chanyeol nods his head and takes a piece of sushi, dabbing it in the sauce, and then putting it in his mouth.

               “Ah.” He lets out a small gasp. You look up.

               “What’s wrong?”

               Chanyeol’s eyes start to get watery.

               “I-it’s spicy!” He pants, quickly grabbing the green tea. However, after he swallowed his sushi, his eyes still continue to tear up.

               “Why am I leaking?” He touches his eyes.  (A/N: ANYONE READ ABSOLUTE CHANYEOL?? <3)

               You pick up a napkin and wipe the wetness from his tears away. Chanyeol stares straight into your eyes as you do this. His eyes…are so beautiful. A rush of blood starts to flow to your cheeks, causing you to quickly lean back before you could blush.

               The rest of the meal was silent. It surprised you that Chanyeol didn’t talk. In fact, he was fumbling with his food with the occasional tearing of his eyes.

               You and Chanyeol step out of the restaurant, ready to go home. Suddenly, Chanyeol grabs your wrist and turns you to face him.

               “L-let’s go stargazing.” He breaks the silence.