Lesson #5

A Little Lesson

Soon enough, class ended just as you finished writing down the last word in your notebook. You put your stuff back into the bag and waved good bye to Haeji and her friends. It was beautiful and warm outside, the sun was shining brightly without a single cloud in the sky. You find your way to the student centre and entered the café that Chanyeol mentioned earlier. The strong aroma of freshed brewed coffee hit once you went in. You tiptoe to find two tall figures but a hoard of female students just keep pushing you and making you lose balance. Pouting, you hear a yell of your name.

               “_________-ah!” A familiar voice shouts, you follow the sound and find Chanyeol grinning and Kai staring blankly at you. You walk swiftly to the porch with a smile.

               “So, do you like the campus, guys?” You sit down.

               “Mhm! People were very eager to help us around, asking us a lot of questions.” Chanyeol takes a sip of his strawberry smoothie.

               “Hyung’s so stupid, the girls were trying to hit on you.” Kai scoffs.

               “Someone sounds a little bitter, did no girls hit on you?” You laugh under breath.

               “Yah! No, I got hit on plenty of times!” Kai defends himself with a frown, “Jealous?”

               “Meh~rong.” You stick your tongue out at Kai, who does the same and looks away.

               You look around and notice that the surrounding tables were all filled with girls goggling their eyes out. Some of them even winked and Chanyeol would just wave innocently back at them. You recognize one of the girls as Seo Yura, a popular arts student well known for her flirtatious behavior, who glances at you and scoffs rudely.

What’s her problem…I didn’t even say anything.

“Hyung…you’re so embarrassing…” Kai groans and puts his face into the palms.

               “Come on you two, let’s get you two out of here before the thirsty tigers eat you up.” You laugh as you stand up.

               “Tigers? Where? Don’t worry ________. I’ll protect you from those tigers.” Chanyeol grabs your wrist with a determined face.

               Kai just mumbles something and walks away. “Kai, where are you going? Let hyung protect you too!” Chanyeol chases after him.

               You lead Chanyeol and Kai into admissions office, greeting the staff with a small smile.

               “Hi, my friends here like to enroll to here.” You speak quietly in a polite manner.

               “Right this way.” The woman smiles and guides Chanyeol and Kai into a room while you take a sit and wait outside. You observe the staff running back and forth with documents in their hands. After zoning out for like 20 minutes, you can hear upbeat rhythm of Chanyeol footsteps again. He smiles right away when he sees you and gives you a thumbs up.

               “The lady says that she can make an exception for us.” Chanyeol giggles, “All thanks to Kai.” You quickly turn to Kai.

               “What did you do?” You ask, curious to what he did.

               Kai smirks,“Well, you see, nobody can resist the smile of Kim Jongin, all I did wa-”

               “Oh jeez, I don’t want to know.” You shake your head and make your to the exit, “So which faculty are you guys in now?”

               “Business.” Chanyeol smiles.

               Wow impressive, I wonder how strong their portfolio is…

               “I’m doing double major, Law and Psychology.” Kai ruffles his hair and tries to keep his eyes awake.

               “I think you need a psychiatrist more than being one.”

               Kai ignores your reply while Chanyeol laughs with a twitching eye, causing you to smile at his unique laughter.

               “________~ Can we go play now?”

               “I’m actually kind of tired today, how about tomorrow? It’s the weekend too…”

               Chanyeol nods happily and casually takes your hand in his, causing you to feel a moment of shock.

               Right…I have a boyfriend now…

“By the way, Kai, why aren’t you with your ‘counterpart’.” You quote with your fingers.

               The atmosphere becomes silent. You look at Chanyeol for an answer but he just looks away while Kai looks down and keeps on walking.

               “You don’t know?” Kai finally says. You shake your head confusedly.

               “We share one.” Chanyeol replies.