Lesson #14

A Little Lesson

 

              Throughout the week, you and Haeji were both so busy doing your internship at the hospital. Whenever you had time, you would go to campus to find Chanyeol. However, he was often busy with his own assignment and projects, and you did not want to be a bother.

               “What are you doing?” You smile, holding the cellphone to your ear. You hear a sigh from the phone.

               “Project. It’s killing me.” Chanyeol groans. These days, Chanyeol showed less of his childish side as he was stressed from school.

               “I see…” You mumble, “Work hard, okay? I’ll cook something yummy tonight!”

               “I can’t come home tonight, it’s due on Wednesday and my group is nowhere done.” Chanyeol lets out another sigh.

               “Alright then…I’ll see you soon.” You attempt to keep your tone high, but you just couldn’t hide the disappointment in your voice. And you knew very well that Chanyeol could sense your gloom through the phone.

               “Hey…I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to spend enough time wi-”

               “It’s fine, Chanyeol. I know you’re busy.” You try to put a smile on your face. “Be a good student and do your best okay? Don’t worry about me!” You laugh.

               “Yeah, ok.” He whispers, “I’ll talk to you later then, love you.”

               “I love you t-” And the line was cut.

               You couldn’t help but perch your lips into a pout. However, the last thing you wanted to be was one of those clingy girlfriends that guys had to think of all ways to get rid of. No, you want to be an understanding girlfriend, one that Chanyeol is happy to be with.

               “Boo.”

               You spin your head and find Kai grinning at your shocked reaction.

               Coincidently enough, in your every attempt to find Chanyeol, Kai appears right after. You were glad though, because of the encounters in the past few days, your relationship with Kai grew quite well.

               “Kai. Why am I not surprised.” You playfully narrow your eyes at him.

               “I thought I told you that I’m Jong-in around you.” Kai starts talking in a whining tone.

               “Well somebody said that he wants to be cool at school and call him Kai.” You raise your eyebrows. Kai’s cheeks suddenly flush with red, remembering his indirect confession that night. You, being oblivious, notices his blushing face and saw it as another chance to . “You’re blushing. Too shy to admit that you want to be cool?” You smirk and start laughing.

               Kai widens his eyes then pull into a mischievous grin. You suddenly feel an arm wrap at your neck, giving you a noogie.

               “YAH! KIM JONG-IN!” You shout as Kai bursts into deep laughter. “You’re dead meat.” You threaten him.

               “Who told you to anger the Great Kim Jong-in?” Kai snickers.

               “I’m giving you 5 seconds to run.” You mumble. “5…4…3…”

               Kai looks at your evil expression and feels chills running up his spine. He has ignited the devil. His steps start taking him somewhere away from you, with an amused yet afraid grin on his face. How did I fall in love with such girl?

               “Kai~ where are you?” You sing, sneaking between bushes to look for a tall figure. No less than a minute, you spot Kai standing in front of the campus library like a statue. Trying to not make any sound, you silently creep towards him and slap his back. “HAH! I CAUGHT YOU!” You shout with excitement, feeling giddy over the childish victory.

               Kai turns around. “______!” He gasps, then quickly puts on his expressionless face. “Oh…haha you found me. You win.” He forces a smile, “Let’s go now.”

               Your eyebrows furrow together, “Why are you in such a hurry?” It wasn’t like Kai to accept his loss in the wonderful game of hide and seek so easily. He would usually demand for another match or bug you until you declare him as the “ultimate winner”. “What were you looking at?” You poke your head out from his back to catch a glimpse of his view.

               “N-nothing!” Kai quickly moves to the left and blocks your vision. “Come on, let’s go. I-I need to study!” He suggests.

               Now that was something to be suspicious about. Kai? Eager to study? Never in your life have you heard of such nonsense. “Great, then let’s study in the library!” You lift your head up, catching his nervous gaze.

               “T-that wouldn’t be a good idea.”

               “Kai, I know you’re hiding something.” You frown, then quickly pushing his stiff body away.

               In front of your eyes, you saw the back of a girl, her head leaning towards another person, covering his facial features. “Ah…Kai, you like her?” You smirk then your heart suddenly jerks in twisted pain. You were able to recognize those soft brown locks anywhere.

               Chanyeol.