Lesson #13

A Little Lesson

            

                “Kai…what are you doing here?” You ask, with your eyes widened.

               “You look like you needed the help.” Kai mutters, looking down to his wet stained sneakers.

               Your lips curve into a smile. “What?” Kai asks, a bit surprised at your reaction.

               “So Kim Jong-in is finally willing to talk to me huh?” You smirk, teasing his nervous expression.

               “N-no it was just-”

               “Come on Kai, let’s go home.” You cut him off and start walking towards the bus stop.


               “Catch.” You throw Kai a towel, who starts wiping his damp hair like a model. You find your eyes mildly attached to the scene.

               The genes that run through the family…

               Kai clears his throat awkwardly, feeling shy now that he recognized his feelings for you. He wanted to embrace you in his arms the moment he saw you in the rain, but he controlled himself as he knew that Chanyeol was watching from afar.

               Thank you hyung…

               “So, want some tea or something?” Your slippers shuffle to the kitchen, preparing to get the cups from the cupboard.

               “Yeah, sure.” Kai leans against the counter, observing your every move.

               You looked so adorable in Chanyeol’s hoodie which covered to your mid thigh and wore a messy bun on the side of your head. Kai smiles at you, looking like a child attempting to do tasks in the kitchen.

               I always thought I liked women with S-line and curves, how did I fall for this petite child-like girl?

               You place the filled teacups onto the counter, pushing one to Kai, hearing a muttered thank you from him.

               “So…” You pause, “It’s good to see you again, looking sober.” You tease, causing a flush of red to spread on Kai’s cheeks.

               “S-sorry about that night, I…wasn’t right in my mind.” He mumbles, sipping his tea softly.

               “Kai, don’t worry about it. I’m just happy that you’re willing to talk to me again.” You smile sincerely at him.

               Kai blinks at you, his heart beating twice as fast seeing your smile.

               “Sure, it’s because of Chanyeol that I met you, but we’re friends by choice.” You stir your tea with a small metallic spoon, “If you ever felt that I was friends with you just because of him, I’m sorry.” You mumble.

               Silence swirls around the room. You look up and see Kai continuing to stare blankly at you, then suddenly a small chuckle escapes from his lips. It was weird, but his laugh really sounded like church bells on a Sunday morning.

               “Alright, I believe you.” Kai smiles back at you.

               “I like it when you smile. You never do that in public.” You bluntly admit.

               “That’s because I’m Kai at school.”

               “And you aren’t right now?” You ask, slightly confused by what he meant.

               “No.”

               “Then who are you at the moment?”

               “Kim Jong-in.” Kai pauses, “And I’m only Kim Jong-in to people I love.”

               You start grinning, oblivious to Kai’s indirect confession. “Thanks Ka-I mean Jong-in! I’m so glad that I’m an important friend to you.”

               Kai looks at you and sighs quietly. You really don’t feel it, do you? But he can’t help but smile as well once he saw your silly grinning face.

               You suddenly hear the sounds at the door and you quickly change your attention.

               “Chanyeol-ah!” You smile, walking to him.

               “My little human looks happy today.” He laughs, cupping your cheeks into his hands, then looking up. “Kai, you’re here.” He smiles.

               “Yeah.” Kai replies, feeling a little uncomfortable seeing you and Chanyeol in each other’s arms.

               “Chanyeol, me and Kai are good again!” You report happily.

               “That’s great.” Chanyeol smiles, but it doesn’t reach to his eyes, “I’m kind of tired, I’m going to get some rest.” He whispers to you, caressing your cheeks softly.

               Your heart suddenly feels a little heavy seeing Chanyeol not acting his usual hyperactive self. He seemed like there was something on his mind, but he was unwilling to share it. However, you weren’t going to ask anymore, if he’s comfortable with you knowing, then he will tell you when the time is right.

               “Okay, I’ll make dinner then.” You smile then look at Kai, “Jong-in, would you like to stay for dinner?” You ask.

               Kai shifts his gaze from you to Chanyeol, “No, I have something to do later. Thanks for the offer though.” trying his best to give a sincere smile. He couldn’t stay for dinner, he couldn’t see his hyung and the girl he loves being sweet together and act like he’s happy for the couple. Kai walks towards the door and pats on Chanyeol’s shoulder as a goodbye, then waves to you and exits the apartment.

               You sensed that there was something wrong in the atmosphere, it was never like this before you and Chanyeol were officially together.

               “Did you two have a fight?” You ask.

               Chanyeol stares at you. You almost tense up from his hard expression, then slowly softening his gaze.

               “No, don’t worry about it.” Chanyeol gives you his most convincing smile and kisses you lightly. The warmth of his lips makes your heart tingle and the thin hair on your arms rise. Chanyeol pulls away, “Wake me up when you’re done dinner.” He whispers in your arm, hot breath tickling your neck. You nod shyly and before you know it, Chanyeol is no longer in your arms and you hear the sound of the bedroom door closing.

               Something is wrong, and you intend on finding out.

 

a/n: can Kai please sit in my kitchen like that? asdfkl'asdfkl'asdkf

& chanyeol sounds a little jealous~ hehehe

lalalala please comment ~ <3